Scavenger Hunt #5 Dec 12 - Dec 20

jmfletch

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life. The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required

Scavenger Hunt #5 Dec 12 - Dec 20

Symbolic of your town or Area
Music/musical
Dance related
Party related
Hat
Gloves
Muffler/scarf
Mode of transportation
Hobby related (not art)
Pet related
Exercise related
Garden related
Seasonal flower
Jewelry
Warm
Cool
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Beverage
Sweet
Sour
Bitter
Salty
Crisp
Memory

Challenge: Try using associations. Use as many as you head goes, but tell us the string
Example:
1 Sweet is theme
2 Sugar
3 Candy
4 cavities
5 toothpaste is what you actually draw

Keep sketching and have fun!
Joe

Good list Joe, thanks. Interesting challenge too although having read that I went back to the list and read through again and my brain read ..... Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and then Sewage instead of Beverage - eek!

Thanks for the list! Hope to sketch some. Too many choices now for which book, tool, etc.

Good list Joe, thanks. Interesting challenge too although having read that I went back to the list and read through again and my brain read ..... Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and then Sewage instead of Beverage - eek!
😀

So what would you draw for sewage?
😎

Thanks for the list Joe...hope to get more sketching in....but it is a good thing to know you all are here......let’s DO IT!!! : )

Joe - think that would have to be a subject for the challenge, who knows where the string will lead - watch this space :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ai, joe1, Sue, Jo, Vivien, and Robin. 👋🏼

#1 jewelry - My wedding ring. It has a NA bear design. Drew this in 3.5x5.5 inch sketchbook. Actual ring image is about 1.5x2 inches using multiple grades of graphite. Also playing with macro photography on iPhone. Trying to learn how to use the iPhone camera

200088EB-6318-4127-98C6-6E308A95D85F.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe : Fab. Drawing of ring.

I am taking 3 days solo vacation to seaside town Huahin by train.

#1 memory -- association of (memory--> trip--> train trip-->... draw --> train corridor ) my humble 3 day trip to HuaHin by train ... done on my mphone with a stylus
Notes_211213_082029.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful wedding ring sketch Joe! What is a NA Bear design?
The bear is sacred to many Native American tribes. Bear totems typically have a bear carving with a feather or sometimes an arrow tied to its back. Drawings or graphic images tend to be more stylized. Here is a photo of a marble bear with an arrow head and a feather.

Attachments

• 8E688F76-C866-489D-88D3-45AA69C2206E.jpeg
    8E688F76-C866-489D-88D3-45AA69C2206E.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 112

#1 memory -- association of (memory--> trip--> train trip-->... draw --> train corridor ) my humble 3 day trip to HuaHin by train ... done on my mphone with a stylus
View attachment 15016
Neat digi Ai. Cool association. Enjoy your holiday!

The bear is sacred to many Native American tribes. Bear totems typically have a bear carving with a feather or sometimes an arrow tied to its back. Drawings or graphic images tend to be more stylized. Here is a photo of a marble bear with an arrow head and a feather.
Thank you very much for explaining Joe. Im from New Zealand, so had no idea what it meant, but loved hearing about it!

View attachment 15016
Ai, enjoy your holiday! Great digi of your train trip.

Got in at HuaHin, Thai trains are known for quite common delays ...so just had a late lunch at Koti, one of legend foodshops here, ..sketched first in 10 minutes then ate it, in directwatercolor in 5x7 inch Thai brand sketchbook.

#2 lunch -- crab fried rice
20211213_140605.jpg

20211213_140523.jpg

Back