Creative Spark is a discussion community for artists of every breed. All creative people are welcome. We are a relatively new site with a very (very!) small staff who run this for the love of art. We do it in our spare time, and it's all funded by loose change found in our couch cushions. And of course, the beautiful people who have become contributing members. Thank you to our generous donors!
We approve new members before we let you post because that helps us prevent spam. Once approved, we ask that you introduce yourself in the Welcome Center Forum.
Like any online community, we expect basic civility, etiquette, and respect for all members. We don't engage in artistic censorship, but the forums are moderated to ensure we all stay within the rules.
- This is not a place to debate or discuss politics, religion, conspiracy theories, or any divisive topics. Those things are not welcome here. We will delete posts provoking discord or argument.
- Posting lengthy excerpts from other sites (including Wikipedia) is not allowed. We respect the copyrights of others, and too much text from other sites can land us in hot water with Google. And we must not anger Google! That's internet rule number one.
- We'd prefer it if you didn't join only for self-promotion purposes. You're welcome to add your website and contact information to your signature, and members who participate in the community can certainly promote things from time to time. But if you don't participate, you can't advertise.
- We are an LGBTQ+ friendly community.
- We issue warnings for breaking the rules, but we reserve the right to permanently ban users who disregard the community rules immediately and without notice.
We look forward to meeting you and enjoying your participation. Have fun!