Scavenger Hunt from Life #96: Dec 22 - Dec 30

Joe1 : Thanks.

Jo: Thanks so much ... love the Christmas and the yummy chocolate box. Enjoy your art toys.

Joan: Thanks... lol I have a similar problem of getting new art stuffs and don't know where I put it in my art room later. Love your library sketch, the statue and the window view are superb.

Tone and I will head out to our cabin for a night... don't know if I can get to sketch much... but I will bring my sketch tote.

Ai, I'm glad it isn't just me with art materials. I spend time organizing and still can't keep track of things. Have a good time up at the cabin.

10 - berries - Procreate
IMG_0117.jpeg

Ai, love the feel that your watercolor approach gives to the museum in your sketch!

Jo, looks like fancy chocolates! & love the tree... the drum base makes me smile

Joan, wonderful sketch of the books (and statue!) at the library, a great place for sketching on wet days for sure! & the berries are beautiful!

5- eggplant (or other veggie) = squash --autumn squash soup
...I know posting photos of ones food is cliché, but it's ok to sketch ones food & post, right? 😆
micron pen & watercolor

1000003590.jpg

Last edited:
Joan, love your library sketch of all the books and sculpture. Nice stuff out the window, too. Mmmm, the berries are beautiful. We had some in a fruit salad.

Ai, thanks. Happy times at the cabin. Good break for you.

Hope, mmmm, looks and sounds good. We always have food and I end up hungry and scrounging in the kitchen. I like the sort of frame around your soup! Lovely.

I fell asleep watching TV so guess I will go on to bed. See all y'all later.

Hope, thanks. Your bowl of soup looks so yummy. I like your writing under the sketch too. It gives it a nice look. Food sketches are definitely welcome here, although they do make me hungry.

Jo, thank you. Our weather has bee a bit wet for several days so I haven't been motivated to sketch outdoor scenes. I've been busy looking for indoor locations.

Ai, nice direct watercolor of the red vase!

Jo, Joan, thank you 😊

Ai, a lovely sketch & a BEAUTIFUL red! what color is that?

I played in the dust. Wiped off some apples in a glass and did our artificial poinsettia. 5 x 7 inches with assorted pastels on Pastelbord. About 20 minutes total.

Number 7 poinsettia - artificial

csshfl96poinsettia.jpg

Jo, I love the glow on the poinsettia! It is really lovely.

Joe 1, cute kitty. Good shading on the fur. Hope you are in a festive mood. The holiday will reach you before it reaches me.

11 - knotted - watercolors and ink (lady's hair bun)
IMG_4341.jpeg

Joan: Bravo on such a bun scene... love all the cups, syrup bottles, and atmosphere

Jo: Awesome Christmas plant... love the glow of your dust.

Joe1: Love the PURR-fect holiday card.

Hope: Good question !!!... I use 2 colors. I have too many paint tubes laying around in my art room with so many travel palettes. I believe the red vase color were the results of 2 colors: 1) undertone of Kusakabe Artist' coral red 2) top with W&N cadmium red deep... I will try to find my paper swatch (somewhere) in my art room of this palette.

Ai, thank you!

12 - something with numbers - watercolors and ink
IMG_4354.jpeg

13 - zigzag (sort of) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4344.jpeg

Joan: Very cool city scenes with numbers and people. Super cool idea on zigzag and art supplies hual... Have fun !!!

ALL: Tone and I went to our country cabin for 1 night and now back to Bangkok home already before holiday rush traffic of Thailand begins. I did not sketch much but do enjoy some simple nature.

Joan, thanks. Lovely bun lady. Clever idea! Fun scene with details. The street with numbers is great, too. You always do cars so well and this scene has holiday trimmings and all. The new art supplies make a great zigzag. Nicely done. Have fun with those.

Ai, happy you enjoyed your time away from the city.

All y'all have a day to sketch here, but I've put up the next Hunt for those on the other side of our planet.
https://creativespark.art/forums/art-from-life.50/post-thread

If you don't get back here, thanks for the fun. See you all on the new Hunt. Happy New Year.

Ai, thanks so much. Glad you got away before the craziness of the holiday celebrations begin.

Jo, it is always fun to get new supplies. I tried at least organizing my pens and pencils yesterday but it was too overwhelming. lol I'll go check out the new hunt and see what I'll be looking for next. Will that be 3 hunts in a row for hosting for you?

Happy New Year to all! I will be around throughout the holiday...sketching I hope.

Joan, only two Hunts for the holidays, sort of a tradition now. Ha. I used Paul's list for his and recycled mine! Hope they are different enough. I hope you get out and about. We are having a couple of beautiful days, supposed to be up to about 70ºF.

Joan, thanks. Lovely bun lady. Clever idea! Fun scene with details. The street with numbers is great, too. You always do cars so well and this scene has holiday trimmings and all. The new art supplies make a great zigzag. Nicely done. Have fun with those.

Ai, happy you enjoyed your time away from the city.

All y'all have a day to sketch here, but I've put up the next Hunt for those on the other side of our planet.
https://creativespark.art/forums/art-from-life.50/post-thread

If you don't get back here, thanks for the fun. See you all on the new Hunt. Happy New Year.
Oops, didn't put the right link:

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-97-dec-30-jan-7.6431/

Got a few more done before I head outside for a while. The sun is actually shining today.

14 - alcohol - continuous ink line with watercolor added
15 - veggie
16 - lock
17 - fruit
18 - umbrella

IMG_4359.jpeg

Here it is just as an ink sketch.

IMG_4357.jpeg

Wow! Joan, your alcohol set up and continuous drawing is so good! I love it with and without color. I think doing watercolor must get you in the plan ahead mode. I should practice that.

Back