Scavenger Hunt #5 Dec 12 - Dec 20

Great sketch of the ring Joe and an interesting explanation of the design

Ai, really enjoying a virtual trip through the medium of your sketches, they really capture the atmosphere. My favourite so far are the boats

Joe F, lovely sketch of ring. Thanks for sharing the story of the design. Your photo with your iPhone worked great. I'm hoping when I get a flatter sketch book I'll be able to take pictures with my phone instead of having to scan all the time.

Ai, nice digital of train ride. Your lunch looks good. Nice watercolor of boats.

My sketches are pen & ink with some watercolor pencil on Stillman & Birn Alpha. These weren't quick sketches since I did the cross hatching. I'm still exploring my favorite way to sketch. These took about 1 1/2 hours for the three.

1 - Jewelry
2 - hat
3 - gloves

SH5-1,2.png
SH5-3.png

Joe, your ring is beautiful and so well done. Good for you to always be learning new stuff. Applause. Nice start to the Hunt, too.

Ai, ahh, good for you for taking a break. Love the train sketch. Your crab fried rice looks and sounds yummy. Different find for transportation. Nice work.

ams, Anne, Love the jewelry. You do beautiful hatching on the hat and gloves. Wow.

Joe F, lovely sketch of ring. Thanks for sharing the story of the design. Your photo with your iPhone worked great. I'm hoping when I get a flatter sketch book I'll be able to take pictures with my phone instead of having to scan all the time.

Ai, nice digital of train ride. Your lunch looks good. Nice watercolor of boats.

My sketches are pen & ink with some watercolor pencil on Stillman & Birn Alpha. These weren't quick sketches since I did the cross hatching. I'm still exploring my favorite way to sketch. These took about 1 1/2 hours for the three.

1 - Jewelry
2 - hat
3 - gloves

View attachment 15039 View attachment 15040
Anne - The jewelry is well drawn, but the hatching on the hat and glove is great. Like how you combined the hatching on the glove with som darker color too.

Joe

Reactions: ams
#2 Beverage - glass of egg nog. Mutiple grades of graphite in 3.5x5.5 inch sketchbook. Lesson learned: very difficult to draw a light colored liquid on white paper. Was trying to show inside of glass covered in nog. Should have darkened background and shaded the clear glass. On the plus side the ellipse came out pretty good.😎

26EB236C-6694-4295-9D84-5BE024A1D307.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
Joe: Thanks ..lovely graphite sketch of challenging glass with liquid inside

Anne: Thanks I agree with you on feeling our way for our best way to sketch..My humble words are that I dont know if that exists..as I've always tried different things. You got your first three items so fine ..love hatching in hat and gloves.

Joe F, I see your image now. Not sure why I didn't before. Your glass of eggnog turned out well. Good observations to keep in mind for this type of subject in the future.

Ai, yummy looking omlet. Enjoyed your beverage too. Your birds are delightful. Looks as if you were able to sketch just about each angle and pose possible.

Joe, Ai, Ams, it's a spectacular start to hunting, I really like what you posted, they are all very inspired works.

1 associations, Dance related, gym, Karate
2021-12-14 21-24_pagina_1.jpg
2021-12-13 10-34_pagina_4.jpg

Back