Scavenger Hunt from Life #112: Apr 25- May 3

Jo, thanks so much.

Robin, thanks. What is the "zone"?

Fletch, thank you. I love summer, but I am really going the trees this spring!

Ai, great sketches from the shopping mall. I would want to taste all of the sweets. Yummy still life setup of the foods...very artistically arranged.

Jo, the still life is great! The pastels gave a very gauzy look to the towel.

Ned, thank you for your comment. Hope your energy level improves soon. It sometimes is slow in returning.

14 - clock - watercolors and gold gel pen
IMG_5155.jpeg

Out on the porch, sketched on my phone with the app, Brushes. Must have taken 45 minutes or so. I try to sketch without using "undo" too many times. I did work on straight lines without using a straight line maker. Ha.
Number 8 geometric - the doors on Gene's work shop

csshflgeometric.jpg

Oops, I see now I left of the hinge on the upper left and on the bottom of the doors. Sigh..... Would be very insecure that way, eh?

Jo, thanks. Nice sketch even without the other hinges.

15 - boot - sketch & wash pencil (dry)

IMG_5161.jpeg

16 - selfie (continuous line) - gel pen

IMG_5158.jpeg

Joan: Thanks.... Lovely series of spring blooms... yes... so cool boot and very nice sp.

Jo: Wonderful pastel... you make them come alive... the red barn is very charming. I see what you notice about the hinge ... I did similarly all the time, like I forgot to draw another side of the man's shirt collar... lol

Ned & Fletch & Robin & Other ... Hi

:) well, I drew.. I saw Joan's clock and stopped at this one on my way home from today's walk. When I got there, it wasn't as similar to Joan's clock as I thought. Usually before I draw I try to remind myself of a few things... I say to myself, "confident lines" and then I repeat "simplify" 5 times. Today, I didn't do that.

#1 clock pen + paper palette WC w/ waterbrush
IMG_1894rs.jpg

photo:
20240502_155422rs.jpg

Ah, Ned, looks like you have joined the crowd for sure. You didn't simplify, but you did a really good job. So many details and fun to see! Yay! I love the way you did the background. I get too fussy with that.

Ned: Glad you stepped in to draw it... Lovely subject... and fun recording !!! Looking for more from you.

Jo, thanks! The sp was mostly continuous line. Someone had the nerve to call me in the middle of sketching it and I had to stop for a few seconds. lol

Ned, thanks. I'm glad my clock inspired you to sketch one near you. It looks pretty similar except for the color and the fact that yours doesn't have numbers. I find them hard to do in order to get them semi-symmetrical. It looks good a little quirky too.

Ai, thanks so much.

Joan, cool clock. Neat touches within the gold pen. The graphite boot is great. Nice so as well nd continuous line. WOW!

Jo, most of the straight lines look pretty straight. A few more hinges would probably work better but it is art so artistic license is allowed.

Ned, neat clock. Think we all talk to ourselves while drawing. It’s a part of the creative creative process. And is only a problem when you talk to yourself out loud in public.😎🥺

Keep sketching
Fletch

Hi everyone, thanks. Joan your continuous line interruption made me smile. As did other comments!

We were on the porch this morning. It is a nice 74 degrees F. but 95% humidity so my sketchbook was starting to feel damp.
Number 9, repeating pattern - on Gene's blanket that covers his chair
Number 10, land - landscape which is mostly trees and grass so all green now. It was cloudy so even the water looks green.

csshfl112pattern.jpg

Ned, thanks for the Hunt! See all y'all next Hunt!

Okay. A new hunt is posted!

Fletch, thanks for your comment and thanks for posting a new hunt. I'll go over and check it out shortly.

Jo, do you have my red Lamy pen?lol It is hard to sketch when the sketchbook feels damp. Nice sketch of the landscape. Are you getting any rain from the storm that is flooding parts of Texas? From the map it looks like you're quite a distance, but the rain may be spread out. Hope you do get some rain out of it.

Ned, thanks for the hunt.

Back