• sweet
  • something seen in your city/town
  • shiny
  • important
  • something you like
  • tree or trees
  • water
  • fragile

• All levels and techniques are welcome.

• All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life

• Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list

• All items posted must be numbered. The first item you post will be # 1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

• Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

• Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch.​

• If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read / comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required.

1. Lamp pen and ink about 20 minutes

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 36
Sylwia, thanks for the list. Hopefully something today. We are going to lunch with a high school friend and to music played by our neighbors. You can look up Libby Koch and Chuck Hawthorne if you have the time on YouTube or other music.

Sylwia, thank for the new list. Hope to get to work on it soon.

Paul, congrats on the first post. Nice looking lamp.

Sylwia: Thanks for the list.

Joan: Fantastic works, esp. the spring scene with people

Paul: A great start of our Hunt with nice lines in the lamp sketch.

Hi Art buddies!

thanks sylwia for the good list!

paulM. You get “First one outta the gate”…nice lamp sketch, love the under angled vi…

Joan…lovely spring watercolors….like the way the couple on park bench are nestled,

heres
1 seen in town…Walmart parking lot
2 rectangle windows
3. Outdoor flag
4 important..gear selector
5 closed dashboard compartment
6 open dash board compartment

including photos of smaller pocket sketch book with little pocket inside front cover to hold scavenger list…thanks to our one and only Fletch for the idea….

Ai…you are home?
4E56507E-339A-4FF9-A5B3-43FAA73E5A29.jpeg
B85F7BDB-D64A-4E3C-A5B9-3E574E2C8B41.jpeg
CCF7A505-A945-457D-8530-6159E17B4A06.jpeg
E713B71A-ADA1-45B1-803F-B0A254F434DC.jpeg
E5216DC5-A3E3-4CEB-A504-D706C58A79B5.jpeg

EP- columbines …ummm I think they grow from cormes maybe but they are prenenials ,easy to grow here. I think they also grow up north. I recall a high school in northern state..Columbine High…was one of the first high school shooting..:>(

Robin, fun sketches in the Wallmart parking lot. Love the ones from the inside of the car...nice!!

Robin: Yes, I am back home and back to work now... We were in Franklin, NC... don't know how far that was from your yard. ... Nice cool fun lines again... and love your super cute sketchbook and your super burst moment of sketching at Walmart.

Paul: Wonderful set. Nice Cape cod wheel and the shaker. I ditto with Robin of your transparent glass candle. Well done.

Hello You all from my Bangkok turf.

Paul you got off to a good start. Good ellipses looking up.

Joan, you always find beautiful colors and interesting buildings. Love the couple on the bench.

Robin, fun parking lot view. I like the 4 x 4. Inside the car with gear shift is great and the round chair is so clever. I saw one of those at Lowe's in the outdoor furniture section. Looks comfy but not sure I could get in and out!

Paul, different items to make me smile. Is the wheel from the boat a used one? Love the pepershaker.

Bghisly, cool lamp. Nicely done.

Hi, Ai, take it easy. Nice you are home safely.

Paul, I love the Cape Cod salt shaker. I haven't been there in too long!!! Good boat steering wheel and nice job on the candle!

Bghisly, thank you. Your lamp is lovely. It looks very antique. I can see from your sketch of the chocolate that you are in another country. Where do you live? I'm always interested in seeing sketches of things that are a little different than here. Pretty locket!!! Is it a treasured keepsake?

4 - seen in my town (ferry to get to Fire Island) - watercolors and ink

IMG_2198.jpeg

5 - open barn door - watercolors and ink
6 - old tractor

IMG_2200.jpeg

Joan: thank you so much. I'm from Spain. The lamp is one the boyfriend has, but it's outdoors, so, it's weathered (that's the word?), but, I think its from Morocco. Will ask him.

The locket is a really cool treasure. I took it from my grand other house. So it could be 100 years old. Sadly, I don't know whom was. It was in my jewelry box for more than 20 years. And now I had to take it out as I always say that the boyfriend is my lucky charm, lol. So there's a strand of his hair with me every time. It's super tiny.

I don't know if pictures are permitted, but if not, will remove.

IMG20230419050530.jpg

IMG20230419050545.jpg

Last edited:
Bghisly, the candy sounds great. Chocolate can't be wrong! Well done. Beautiful locket and memories. We love having photos.

Joan, your ferry is so neat. I had a hard time on ferries in Canada. I have to walk and keep moving! Great find on the old tractor. Great setting.

I sketched at the dentist office yesterday and on my footstool today.
Number 1, outdoors and Number 2 important - time, in the travel sketchbook with the Acurit 03 pen.
Number 3, candle - given to us on Sunday when we went to our high school friend's for lunch then music in the ArtStreet book with a Micron 02.

csshfl65outdoors.jpg

csshfl65candle.jpg

cscandle.jpg

Back