Scavenger Hunt from Life # 65. 16 - 24. April 2023

Thanks Jo and Joan. I really love to share this little gems. And, the lamp is, indeed from Morocco.

Jo I really like the intrincate of the teacup/candle. So detailed!

Got two more down, but it could easily be for important.

#4 open
#5 closed
IMG20230420063711.jpg

Robin: Thanks... great sketches like the theme of vehicle. well done
perspective on gear selector. I cant opne my glove compartment without
everything falling out!

Ai: Thanks... bet your glad to be home, tough flight schedule.

Bghisly: Well done lamp the sweet looks delicious milk chocolate is one of my
favorites. Well done jewelry nice good luck charm. Great idea for open and closed and
well sketched.

Jo:
Thanks... The wheel is a wall decoration it just hangs above the fire place. It has been there since
at least 1973 I think my mother-in-law purchased it. Nice collection of sketches that candle is awesome love the detail.
Great job on the outdoor scene and good find for important and well sketched

Joan:
Thanks... love the coastal scene and the color of that boat is great! The
tractor is well done. Like your diversity coastal scene to farm scene, nice

Bghisly, ahhhhh, well done on the watercolor kit - open and closed.

Paul, thanks. So nice to have something different to sketch.

Hello you all, thanks for your good vibe.

Cool artworks folks: Jo, Joan, Bghisly, Paul. I am slowly recovering from the long USA flight. So I finally get this one down with some markers.

#1 round ... took me about 20 minutes.
h65_round.jpg

Ai, hi there. Yummy apple. Always my "go to" object. Love red and painting red! Take care and don't overdo. Welcome back.

#7 Glass --- glass muffin enclosed shelf
#8 Something I like --- going to Panera's for coffee and visiting my sister..

Sketched in my 5.5" x 8" sketch book too approximately 45-60 minutes

Will come back later to comment on all the great work!

penera.jpg

Last edited:
Bghisly, I have a locket that belonged to my mother given to her by the guy she was dating before she met my father, a pocket watch that belonged to my dad's father, and a cameo pin that my uncle bought for my grandmother before he came home from Italy after WWII. They are special in their own way. I'm glad you have something from your family from so long ago. Nice job on the open and closed watercolor palette.

Jo, thanks. I love all the detail in that teacup and saucer. Great job on that complicated pattern. Good basket lamp and nice sketch of Gene with his eyepatch.

Paul, thanks. Luckily we have a lot of variety of scenes to sketch here. Nice Panera sketch of the inside and the people. Look at all those yummy treats!

Ai, glad you are slowly adjusting to being home. Did you have to go back to work right away? Nice apple...great color!

Robin, nice sketches. I like how you showed the magnifier working its magic. You chairs in both places look good...nice to have when you have to wait.

7 - something I like - watercolors

IMG_2220.jpeg

8 - rectangular sections of fencing - watercolors
9 - round clusters of flowers

IMG_2218.jpeg

Paul, great Panera sketch. I like your technique fot eh signs and people.

Robin, you made me laugh. We both seem to be spending all our time at the dentist and doctor!. Pretty lamp. Very different chairs and cool magnifying glass.

Joan, the flowers are beautiful. Sigh..... I like the trees and fence. Lovely job on the fence.

I started a pastel sketch and found the paper very rough for the detail I was trying so quit to ponder and didn't get back to it. Maybe in the morning. They fixed the roof this afternoon and then I watched the baseball game. So.....

Thanks all for your good vibe.

Great sketches: Paul, Robin, Joan, Jo.

Joan:
I have one day to rest before going back to work ... so that was good.

Jo: Thanks.. nice work on the hanging lamp love Thai food and Gene looks
cozy just stitting back all realxed and reading. Glad to see you like him.

Ai
. Thanks.. good job on the apple.

Robin: Nice ceiling lamp, comfy looking chairs, great magnifying glass
CVS scene with end table is looks inviting. All well done but I particulary like the
maginfying glass.

Joan: Thanks .... Their muffins are pretty good especiaally the blueberry muffins
I have to sample them when I go. Beautiful flowers and like the detail on the fence,
I like how you manage to put things behind each other e.g. tree holes and view
between the fence slates, nice

Paul, thanks. Joan is so good at her watercolors. That detail of fences and distance is so hard to do. She inspires.

Hi to Ai, joe1lt and all the rest.

I sketched at my easel with pastels. New paper Joe, but it will be a wipe off. I used 400 grit UArt paper and it is too rough for the detail of the letters and fine lines. Eats up the pastels! It will be good for fuzzy animals or landscapes.
Number 6, books and magazines - the thin one is a Reader's Digest, they used to be small like pocket books. The bottom two are wedding books of our daughter and granddaughter. About 9 x 12 inches on paper size.

csshfl65books.jpg

Jo, thanks! Nice pastel of the books...I'm sure we will see the paper again. Somewhere I have a very similar carved gourd. I think mine came from somewhere in Mexico. Good sketch of yours!

Ai, sorry you didn't get more time to adjust to being back.

Joe, thank you.

Bghisly, nice work on the glass bottle! I love that interesting tree!! Your plant and the terra cotta planter are nicely done...nice shadow too. I was out at an urban sketching event yesterday too.

I went to an Earth Day Festival at the Queens Museum yesterday. There were all kinds of things going on, including a man dressed as a bee who has his own aviary. I got to taste the yummy honey he gathers.

10 - important (raising bees) - watercolors and ink

IMG_2226.jpeg

11 - Fragile (bees in the bee hives) - watercolors and ink

IMG_2227.jpeg

12 - closed door to the station - watercolors

IMG_2235.jpeg

Fantastic works Jo, Bhistly, and Joan.

Jo:
Love your glowing pastel... love how those background are glowing together and how you do details of books.

Bhistly: Love your flowers from previous Hunt. Beautiful glass bottle and candle. Superb plant pot with nice shadow.

Joan: That is OK... my work schedule was a bit slow on that week... so that helps to readjust. You got great Spring tree captured. Great beehives with tulips and the super cute Bee man.

FYI -- The next Hunt has been posted here as I am in faster time zone but most of you still have plenty time with this Hunt.

Wonderful sketches. Thank you all for participating. I'm sorry for not commenting, but I didn't feel well all the week and wasn't able to be more active in this hunt.
I need to make some break. Hopefully for not long.

Back