Scavenger Hunt from Life#27: June 7-15

AiArts

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.
If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/
Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required.

Scavenger Hunt from Life #27: Jun 7-15, 2022
---------------------------------------------
animal or animal related
bus
round
oval
polygon
square
rectangle
triangle
complex shape
organic shape
your fav. color
gives you comfy
gives you calm
gives you happiness
You want to share this with other
flower (Challenge#1 -- more than 1 kind)
Spice in your life
People/figure/portrait (Challenge#2 -- your self portrait)
comes in pair
often found in multiple
vehicle
tool
fruit
drink
vegetable (Challenge#3 -- more than 1 kind)
landscape or building

Thanks for the new list Ai. I must really try and get some sketching done this time instead of just commenting!

#1 Figure -- Life drawing of Lefty Lucy via zoom this morning (Bangkok Time) or 7ET on June7 in USA. I join the session late and it took me a couple of sketches to warm up and I like the last one of her 20 min. pose the most. Done in directwatercolor.

June8_2022_ThailandMorningTime_LeftyLucy20minPose_a.jpg

June8_2022_ThailandMorningTime_LeftyLucy20minPose_b.jpg

June8_2022_ThailandMorningTime_LeftyLucy20minPose_c.jpg

The list for hosting is going well but we have an upcoming slot for Scavenger Hunt from Life #30: July1 - July 9 still open

Joe

Ai Thanks for the list. Painting direct watercolor is right up there with drawing directly in ink..leaves me with awe. Now you take it a step further painting using a live model. Thank you for inspiration! The paintings, like you, are impressiv.

Joe

Joe, thanks for reminding us of the list.

Vivien, we appreciate the comments, too! Hope you get to sketch.

Number 1 - landscape, by the lake in the travel sketchbook with the Zig Millennium 05

csshfl27landscape.jpg

Number 2 - rectangle - the coffee pot stand. I thought it was a maker but must be just a warmer to keep the coffee they make somewhere else. The upside down cup was almost as big as the one Joe sketched in the last Hunt. Ha.
In the travel sketchbook with a Micron 02
csshfl27rectangle.jpg

Thanks so much Terri, Jo, and Joe.

Hello Viv, and Joan, and the lurkers.

Jo: Nice details in the tree sketch, I like the depth and varieties of plants and trees.
The rectangle is a good clever one. Nice coffee pots too.

Ai, great job sketching Lucy. I can't believe I forgot. I even checked earlier in the day to make sure it was last night (for me).

Vivien, I hope you get to do some sketching!

Joe, good to see ya!

Jo, I like your use of ink for the bark texture. Good find for rectangular.

Joan: It is unfortunate but it is also OK. I think you must have done so many things.... so this time, it slips out of your mind. I wish I could do more too. This was my 3rd time so far...

Jo the tree bark is freaking ubnbeliveable, Super job!
The mug I drew is very heavy but the sides and bottom are extremely thick so the cup only holds a little over 6 oz. 😂

Jo the tree bark is freaking ubnbeliveable, Super job!
The mug I drew is very heavy but the sides and bottom are extremely thick so the cup only holds a little over 6 oz. 😂
Thanks.
Wow on the cup, you have to be a "strong" coffee drinker!

Ai - thanks for this new list! Lefty Lucy looks like she gives you lots of inspiration. Your watercolors are great!

Jo - terrific landscape sketch! Your detailed bark, pine needles and flowers is excellent. I agree with you that it's a "coffee stand" since the pots are generally already full - and they're just standing there. LOL A good subject for the rectangle!

ai nice list..thanks. — lovely life watercolor..good way to make one relax when your time is limited you gonna make mistakes and that is the way we learn and discover....good go!

Joe1 and other thanks for the digital viewing suggestions, nice to have you input

JoC - I believe I can almost smell pine needles . Interesting counter top scene.....

Hi Terri, Joan, Fletch, Vivian

This morning I sketched in the 9 x 12 regular paper sketchbook with a Zig Millennium on the footstool in the living room.
Number 4 complex shape - egg carton
Number 5 oval - egg (supposed to be oval)
csshfl27complex.jpg

Ai - terrific Lefty Lucy drawings!
Jo - great trees, and I love the egg carton!

Ive finally got a sketch done. We are in the middle of Winter, way down here near the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere, and I discovered a brave little Jonquil flowering in all the cold weather!
Pen & watercolor in my sketch book

Attachments

• 20220610_102853.jpg
    20220610_102853.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 90
Hi everyone!

Joe, your mug sounds like the pottery I made when I took a class. It was heavy enough to use as door stoppers. lol

Ai, I'm glad you remembered to join Lefty Lucy and sketch.

Jo, you get such interesting things to sketch at the doctor's office. Love the light alcove and pillar. Glad to hear that Gene's eye checkup went well. Good sketch of the tricky egg carton. They aren't easy to sketch.

Vivien, how nice to find a flower surviving in the cold weather.

Sorry I've been lazy getting things posted, so here goes.

1 - flower - direct watercolor

0609 rhododendron.jpeg

2 - landscape - direct watercolor

7.jpeg

3 - rectangular windows - direct watercolor
4 - organic shapes (bushes)

IMG_0169.jpeg

Back