Scavenger Hunt from Life#27: June 7-15

Robin: Thanks... Cool dancing line set ... good thought on come in multiple with garlic... and a pair with salad thong...

EP: Thanks.... Lovely happy colors in your surrounding...

Jo - I love your coasters! Great details and they look bright and lively. Nice work with your PC pen, too - good sketching.

Ai - love your watercolors. That is a peaceful scene - wonderful subject for "keeps me calm." :)

Joan - what beautiful results from your garden tour! All the detail work in your "complex shape" painting is excellent. Love your beach painting, too, with that perfect little picket fence.

RobinSusan - wow, you got a lot in there! I'm impressed! So many shapes, and you got people in there, as well. Great sketching!

EP - nice landscape with your ink and markers. Love your bright colors and strong lines. Will you finish coloring out your cactus?

Here are mine so far. Will try to get more in before the time is up.

#1 Squares. Done with Blick colored pencils. I received this odd little string of square flags tucked inside something I had ordered (and don't even recall what it was!). They are small and cute so I have strung them up.

#2 Flowers (more than one kind). From my mom's back yard. The yellow ones are perennials and I'm not sure what they are, and mom doesn't recall. The blue ones are annuals. Done with my watercolor pencils - not as messy as the first attempt!

#3 Tool - some odd, very small specialty screwdriver. Derwent Chromoflow pencils.

All on my usual 11x14" Canson Mix media sketchbook pad. Total time for this page about an hour.

CS Hunt 27.jpg

Jo - Nice digi! Love the hatching on the egg carton. What is plastic canvas? Nice pen work on the soap and bottles.

Vienna - pretty watercolor of an obviously tough little flower.

Joan - love the shading on the flower. The colors and contrast on the beachscape are spot on! You have definitely mastered painting people. The 2 floral paintings are pretty but again I was pulled in Toby the color and contrast of the beach painting.

Ai - We use to own a bus but ours was light blue. Your painting brought back lots of memories. Both the Cheesecake and the fruits look yummy. Like the almost abstract look on the mountain scene.

Ntl - nice shading with water-soluble graphite.

Robin - love the fun collection of sketches.

EP - The landscape is nice but the potted cactus is my fav. Like the style and color.

Terri - a fun page of watercolors. For me watercolor pencils are easier the using paint plus the colors are more intense.

Joe1 - Eeyore always brings a smile.

#1 vehicle - multiple grades of graphite in 8.5x5.5 inch sketchbook. Took about 45 minutes and most of that time was erasing or blending.

845FAB9F-9089-4110-B736-9CF1684A5B15.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

N# 1 Couldn't choose between "gives you calm, and gives you happiness". Acrylic wash, overlooking local
IMG_20220614_072851_1-01.jpeg
waterway. A4 watercolour paper. Liquid acrylic paint, use mainly to outline cartoonishcartoonish sketches. . First time used as wash. Quick, 5 min Max time. No editing.

Last edited:
Ai, thanks so much! I love seeing such unusual fruit.

Robin, thanks. Love the salad tongs! (Good thinking.) Nice to see people sketches.

EP, nice landscape view. Looks like you were sketching from above it. Love the Christmas cactus...definitely fun organic shapes. Thanks for your comments. Yes, that was my friend who was sitting across from my at the coffee shop. She was sketching too. I told her I had to do her quickly because she always leaves early when we meet to sketch...and I was glad I did because she left right after I was done with her part.

Jo, thanks. The homeowner said it was a flicker box but they missed the flickers flying over Long Island this time. I didn't know a flicker was a bird. lol I thought it might be a bat house.

12 - spice in my life - Sketch & Wash pencil
13 - comes in a pair

IMG_0183.jpeg

Ai, thanks so much! I love seeing such unusual fruit.

Robin, thanks. Love the salad tongs! (Good thinking.) Nice to see people sketches.

EP, nice landscape view. Looks like you were sketching from above it. Love the Christmas cactus...definitely fun organic shapes. Thanks for your comments. Yes, that was my friend who was sitting across from my at the coffee shop. She was sketching too. I told her I had to do her quickly because she always leaves early when we meet to sketch...and I was glad I did because she left right after I was done with her part.

Jo, thanks. The homeowner said it was a flicker box but they missed the flickers flying over Long Island this time. I didn't know a flicker was a bird. lol I thought it might be a bat house.

12 - spice in my life - Sketch & Wash pencil
13 - comes in a pair

View attachment 22448

JennieJo - I'd go for "gives you happiness." That made me smile!

#6 square -- table at our local cafe, done in directwatercolor
#7 round -- planter at our local cafe, done in directwatercolor

h27_square_a.jpg

h27_square_b.jpg

h27_complexShape_a.jpg

h27_complexShape_b.jpg

Terri, great job on the squares, clever find. Pretty flowers and fun tool.

joe1lt, I always love Eeyore.

Joe, wow, great vehicle. Super shading and perspective. Hot Wheels??

JennieJo, very nice.

Joan, Clever pair. I was looking for something besides shoes and gloves. Spice is nice.
Ai, I so enjoy your direct watercolor, thanks for the photos. Beautiful.

Trying my new pastels. Sketch out my studio window on reused sanded paper. Plein air Jo style, in air conditioning. About 95 degrees F outside.
The new Schmincke half sticks are very nice. 50 pieces.

Number 10 organic shape
csshfl27organic.jpg

And the photo a la Ai
organic-photo550.jpg

organic-easel550.jpg

Ai, love that colorful sketch of the table. Pretty sketch of the flowers in the round planter.

Jo, super that you could do the plein air from the comfort of your AC in the studio. The organic shapes are great!

Robin, good luck getting your digital sketch posted.

Thanks all!

Joe1 - Your idea of sketching Eeyore as a triangle is wonderful! Made me smile.

JmFletch - love your graphite car sketch. When you include erasing along with blending, I'm assuming you use the eraser as a lightener or highlighter of sorts? You have a nice tonal range here.

Jennie - your wash of greens and blues looks very soothing to me, so I agree it meets both "gives calm/gives happiness!" Nice work with the acrylics.

Joan, the salt & pepper shakers look great, as does the pepper jar! Nice work with the Sketch & Wash pencil.

Ai - wonderful direct WC! Your table and flowers are lovely! Nice work with the planter.

Jo - you're smart to stay out of the heat for your "plein air" session! ;) I think a lot of us in the US are in for a heat wave this week. Ugh! Your tree works beautifully as an organic shape. Those new pastels did you proud - that light green is gorgeous.

Robin, I hope you're back soon with your digital sketch!

Somehow I missed a few comments and sketches.

Joe 1, I like Eeyore the way you did him so that he resembles a triangle.

Joe, thanks so much. Your car proportions are really good. My wheels are usually off a bit. Nicely shaded too.

14 - gives me happiness (a little cottage in the sun) - direct watercolor
IMG_0194.jpeg

15 - triangle face mask - digital using Artrage

Pedi.jpg

A few more quick sketches, from my comfy seat. #2 rectangle, speaker #3 camera lens, round #4 my version of famous Australian portrait, The Drover - I think, #5 found in multiples, LP records, #6 complex shape, lock. A4 sketch pad, Derwent pencils, hard crayons, HB pacer pencil - to make corrections
IMG_20220614_085858_1-01.jpeg

Ai, Joan, Jo,Jenniejo ,Wonderful job. . Thank you all. Robi, I press share in jpeg, for destination I choose a folder on the tablet, or I created one, called drawings. Saved on forum I press on the postcard and choose the file.using the tablet to post.

Thank you all for kind comments on my items.

Joan, Jo, JennieJo, EP, Joe: Wow... all are excellent !!!

EP: Love your signature simple elegance lines... now they come in fabulous colors.

Joe: What a fantastic ride you sketch.

JennieJo: Wonderful sweet cozy group of sketch...esp. the Drover.

Joan: Love your digi too besides, your glorious wc.

Jo: So nice to see your pastel dance...esp. when I can see your pastel on easel with your actual scene. I like how Schemeke pastels come in nice box format, perfect to put on your easel... such a thoughtful industry design.

Robin: Looking forward to see ya sketch, in whatever form...

Hello Joe1, Robin, Viv, EP, Terri, and all lurkers. Sorry that I am short in time, and so does my comments on all great art works here.

Terri: Love your super cute squares ... glad you can have fun with variety types of pencils, while you still put art stuffs in storage.

Joe1: The E-oare in triangle pose is very cute.

Back