Scavenger Hunt from Life #80 - Aug 14 - 22

Robin Gillis

Hello Art Buddies,
For detailed information on the hunt please refer to the previous hunt introduction.
We use any medium available to image from life within the time frame of the current hunt. Comments are welcome and enjoyed. Please join us.

Scavenger Hunt #80

1 red
2. Yellow
3. Blue
4. Green
5. Black
6. White
7. Triangle
8. Square
9. Circle
10. Free space
11. Makes a sound
12. Chair
13. Shoe
14. Lamp
15. , 16, 17 - three different type of fasteners
18. Shadow
19. Media tool
20. knob
21. Curtain
22. Pillow
23. Above your head
24. Plant
25. Selfie
26. Corner of a room

Let’s keep sketching’!

Sketched at my computer desk in a Strathmore Bristol 100 lb sketchbook with watercolors and Micron 02. I like the dried leaf. About an hour.
#1 Blue - label on water bottle and sort of the water
#2 Red - apple

csshfl80blue-red.jpg

Robin, thanks for the new list.

Jo, you are quick with sketches today. Good job on the bottle shape and the writing on the label. Your reds in the apple came out well!

1 - triangle shape over the door - direct watercolor
2 - white picket fence
3 - yellow door
4 - blue shutters
5 - green plants
6 - red stripes
IMG_3114.jpeg

An old wood decoration piece at my workplace garden ... done with a pen.

#1-- square (shape of a wooden frame)

#2 -- circle ... table top

1000018500.jpg

Joan, thanks. I like your sketch so much. Your flag and pickets always amaze.
Ai, always nice to see your line sketches, too. Interesting find!

JoC…great detail on water bottle ..the lid alone is so nice! And the water surface…love it! Yep, you took your time with the leaf..one happy apple. I looked at a couple YouTube shorts of watercolor with complementing colors and had a pleasant experience trying it…and am encouraged to continue. It is direct technique that makes room for play. easy to just pick up the brush and go. Thanks for sharing

Joan colorful sketch. Love the way the house sits couched and snuggled in amongst the vegetation.

Ai…I love your quaint rust ink sketch. Nice vibe. See your concentration and pleasure. Love the way you unabashedly post your adventure attempts and wonderful successes. The true artist way.

1makes sound
2 free space, Bunbun hanging out by the air register

in Fletch mini pocket sketchbook

4A44DC61-52C8-45CE-A382-F090D7ABB32E.jpeg
9AC317E1-36AE-4596-99FF-35DAD43596DF.jpeg

Robin, clever finds and well sketched. Always love your hatching! Bunbun is very cute.

I sketched at the dining table on the bottom third of the bottle apple sketch. Used watercolor and Micron 03.
Number 3, green - leaves
csshfl80green.jpg

I had my sketching bag with me, this morning !!!. We got two flatted tires. So Tone and I had to get them fixed. Done with Tom Bow's brush pen and some dabs of wc for mass of shadows....about 20 minutes total.

#3 white ...our car
#4 black ... the tires

1000018519.jpg

1000018518.jpg

Ai, Wow, two flats!! Not a good start to the day. Made for a good sketch, though. Thanks...

I sketched on the porch. It was a nice morning and our heat today is just normal, no breaking records so about 100º late today . Smiling.
These are on a couple of pages in the large Canson Mix Media sketchbook with Micron 03.
Number 4 above your head - curtain/shade on the porch
Number 5 circle - Wheel on Gene's walker
Number 6 triangle - the supports on the arms of the chairs make a sort of triangle.
Number 7 something that makes sound - Gene
Number 8, first fastener - door latch
Number 9, second fastener - shoestring
Number 10, third fastener - zipper on soft bag that holds computer attachments

csshfl80above-triangle.jpg

csshfl80sound-fasten.jpg

JoC. That looks like the water plant I can grow! It easy to care for. Good quick catch. Backgrounds do add a lot . Your various sketches look like you enjoyed the time….Is Gene good with you drawing him. I think my Tom would be kinda uncomfort……nice detail on door fastener, looks like something on an antique.

Ai - great way to redeem two flat tires……very interesting to look at.

oh, I forgot orange in the color list, please substitute orange for anything you don’t like on the list. ;>}

Another 20 min. starter of my workday, sketching part of a garden, front of our faculty building, decorated with a wooden cart wheel... ink on light purple wc pre-grounded sketchbook page.

#5 sub. Triangle, with curve sections in the spoke area of the big wheel
#6 free space (plant pots and brick wall)

1000018596.jpg

Ok..I cant help putting more wc light wash down on it...

1000018597.jpg

Last edited:
JoC. That looks like the water plant I can grow! It easy to care for. Good quick catch. Backgrounds do add a lot . Your various sketches look like you enjoyed the time….Is Gene good with you drawing him. I think my Tom would be kinda uncomfort……nice detail on door fastener, looks like something on an antique.

Ai - great way to redeem two flat tires……very interesting to look at.

oh, I forgot orange in the color list, please substitute orange for anything you don’t like on the list. ;>}
Gene is a very compliant model. I think because usually it doesn't look much like him. Ha. Oh, and orange is the color I would omit!

Ai, great find for your wheel and wall. The color adds some magic.

Robin - thanks for the new list. Yay rabbit! Yay clicking pen!
Jo - hello. Woo hoo bottled water. Woo hoo corner of room and all thse ink sketches
Ai - hello. What a strange, lovely wood decoration. Is there a photo of this? Ooooh leaves! Oh dear sorry to hear you had two flat tires. Any idea how that happened? Twice I've walked by cars with flattened tires and rang the doorbell to notify the people in the home who may know whose car that is. Oh what a gorgeous big wheel
Paul - hello
Joan - hello - lovely fence and home scene
joe1lt - hello

I can't believe I am so behind looking.

Ai, I like your workplace garden decoration in wood. Sorry about your tires. At least it gave you another sketching opportunity. Fun to see the other garden decoration from your building. Looks great. Thanks for your comment.

Jo, thank you. I know you like flags and picket fences. We seem to have a lot of them here. You got quite a few sketches done. I like your three kinds of fasteners and the shapes too. Love the sketch of the green leaves...nice shading.

Robin, thanks! I hope Bunbun is keeping cool in that spot. :) Good thinking of the pen for a clicking sound. Gene seems good at posing for Jo. I've sketched Jerry a few times, but usually I'm doing a stealth sketch. lol

EP, hi!! Thanks!

7 - plant - (really more of a painting than a sketch) watercolors
IMG_3134.jpeg

8 - free space - watercolors

IMG_3138.jpeg

9 - above my head - direct watercolor

IMG_3139.jpeg

Back