Scavenger Hunt from Life #108: Mar 24 - Apr 1, 2024

Thanks for nice words,
Joa,Robin,Fletch, wonderful job,Fletch,nice ceramic

1fruit
2egg,3mug,4 animal,ballpoint ,A5

2024-03-30 19-36.jpeg

JennyJo, it is a shame that you don't have a group there.

Brian, good to see you here! That pencil sketch is amazing...love the shading! That mustard sounds a little spicy...yum!

Joe 1, Happy Easter! Your chicks are so cute! Hope the kittens don't bother them. I like your collection of ballpoint ink sketches...especially that rooster.

Ai, what a lovely, welcoming look to the cafe. Happy Easter!

Robin, what a great heart pattern in the shelving at the cafe. Fun sketch with your supplies and coffee nearby.

Fletch, what a cute ceramic Indian! What a nice piece.

I took the train into Manhattan this morning. This lady was traveling with her dog. He started out standing up with his paws on the window, but the next thing I knew he was comfy on the seat next to her.

11 - animal - watercolors and ink
12 - person

IMG_4919.jpeg

13 - free space #2 - direct watercolors (We were sketching the cherry blossoms in Central Park and the Guggenheim Museum was in the background.)

IMG_4929.jpeg

Jenny Jo , I started to check on the murals here as I heard they are poublishing a book. While many of the artists are in the local art association the murals are maintained by the Punta Gorda Historical Mural Society. Here is a link with pictures of all the murals.

Last edited:
Joe1 - Nice set of sketches. I especially like the rooster as you can almost hear him cackling.

Joan - Keep looking at the dog and how you captured a cute little dog with a few dabs of color and a few lines. Like the trunk texture on the cherry tree too.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL,

Keep sketching
Fletch

Last edited:
Hi to all, and happy Easter.

"double headers" ( two baseball games in one day ) Thursday and yesterday. I brought my sketchbook to the games, but I'm one of those who watches every pitch and didn't think of getting it out. Planning on a hike today and we'll see about drawing!

My "medium dark" ink in a water brush clogged -- it didn't work when I drew those pipes. This morning I took it apart and cleaned it and now it is good as new. Nice to know that's possible! I don't remember when I bought it, but it's been refilled with ink a few times and must have gone more than a year before getting clogged.

Happy Easter to everyone! It was a busy day and I didn't get any sketching done today. I hope some of you did.

Fletch, thanks for your comment about the dog. I really wanted to sketch him while he was standing up. I should have started with him instead of his owner. lol

Joe, thank you.

Jo, I hope the spicy mustard hits the spot.

Ned, sometimes we get too involved in something to actually sketch it. I hope you did a little sketching on the hike. Glad you were able to unclog the water brush. Yay!!

Robin: Thanks ... gorgeous and dazzling lines as always... beautiful shelf with items, and my fav. was the pen stand-up pouch/bag. Well done.

Joe1: Thanks. Nice animals, mug, car, and fruits.

Joan: Thanks. Beautiful spring blossom on the Central Park scene... A great captured of a passenger with the dog.

BrianD & Jo & Fletch: Thanks.

Jo, I hope the spicy mustard hits the spot.

So do I: it's a linguistic mess-up again. What Americans usually call mustard is a fairly sweet and mild sauce we know here as mustard sauce, often sold in the same kind of plastic squeeze bottles as ketchup. Our mustard is English mustard: it's very hot, like wasabi, though with both the burn only lasts a short while, unlike, say, hot chili peppers. Plus, it really clears the nasal passages. :D

joe1lt, wow, love the chicks and kittens. Happy Easter back to you. I like your mug , eggs and animals. Fun rooster!

Hi, Ned. We had baseball on Thursday to not have games on Easter. Happy your water brush cleaned up.

Ai, looks like a great restaurant for your Easter Sunday. Well done.

Robin, Lovely shelf at your coffee place. Fun find on your items. Always love your style.

Hi, Fletch! What a cute ceramic bear. You really sketched it well with form.

Joan, fun to find a person and animal in the same sketch. Love it. And, the beautiful cherry blossoms.

I sketched at the Coffee Dog while Gene was at PT so I could find some different people. I am so out of practice. People too large for the chairs, etc. Anyway, I sketched!!
Number 1 People at the coffee shop
Number 2, rock in a landscaping area on the corner
In the Canson travel sketchbook with the Acurite 03 (numbered wrong) Oops.
csshfl108people.jpg

csshfl108people2.jpg

csshfl108rock.jpg

Ai, thanks for this Hunt. Hopefully I will get back in the grove and sketch more.

Jo: Thanks... Wonderful people sketches, esp. the mother and child in her arms.

Thanks everyone for joining this Hunt.

Jo - You did people other than Gene! 😎 Nice work. Am with Ai the woman holding the baby just hits a chord.👍🏽

Ai -Thanks for hosting.

Back