Scavenger Hunt from Life #108: Mar 24 - Apr 1, 2024

#3 ceramic bowl for chicken soup ...with a challenge of my rare medium ( digi on my mobile phone)

#4 people on a bus ...I am on a day leave today, going into the city for an event.

20240328_072655.jpg

20240328_073414.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Jo, yay...you got in some good sketches while Gene was in PT. I really like the look of the dental office....that barn door cinches it.

Ai, nice digital of the bowl of soup. Great sketch of the people on transit!

6 - building near the water being raised higher - watercolors and ink
7 - parts of homes in the background
8 - brick restraining walls (sub for fence)

IMG_4911.jpeg

9 - vehicle - watercolors and ink

IMG_4908.jpeg

10 - free space #1 - watercolors and ink

IMG_4906.jpeg

Ai, that's such a pretty scene. I thought the yellow on the ground was from flowers growing there. I didn't realize it was so many fallen petals. Wow! Great job!!

JennyJo, what a great idea to paint the bottom of the pole so nicely. I love that idea. Fun sketch of it with the car in the background.
Thankyou. There was a community project to paint poles around town with animals of the area, I was involved in the concept and funding, but wasn't the driving force. I did a pelican and an emu. Here's a link to the project ..

Hello, I took a day off today, to go into our City of Bangkok, to visit a Flower and Craft Show at Nai-Lert Park.... LoL, Joan, I did try to use pencil-to pre-draw my sketches, and also try to use some pen to touch up my wc sketches... I think my result was ..:sneaky:. This made me think of your work, Joan... so beautiful and naturally done. But I enjoyed my sketch-out today with my another art friend. In addition, there were several unofficial fan-club to cheering on me and my friend's endeavor.

#5 free-space - i) the scene of flower bug arrangements at the event entrance
h108_p1a.jpg

h108_p1b.jpg

#6 part of the heritage home
#7 vehicle ... a kind of vintage Fiat
h108_p2a.jpg

h108_p2b.jpg

#8 interesting texture ... the canopy & its leaves of the giant rain tree ... plus some people in the scene also...

h108_p3a.jpg

Last edited:
Robin - Your comments about your pets brought back lots of memories. We had 2 dogs and my mother in law had 2 as well so one would bark at something and then the all start barking and it would go on and on. Was sure they no longer even knew what they were barking at. One of my mother in law’s dogs did not get along well with ours so there were lots of barriers to climb over separating them.

Jo - Nice pen work. Love the country motif at the dentist. The bench image looks like an example of how to use hatching.

Ai - Neat job on the soup bowl. I thought it was drawn in markers until I read the text. Nice line work on the people. WOW What productive day off! Absolutely love the flowers shaped to look like giant bugs! Like the vintage car and house. The giant tree looks to be a lot older than the car.

Joan - Cool image of house being raised up. Quite an engineering feat. Great job on the dozer. Final setup truly looks ready to create..

JennieJo - great work beautifying your community. Town where I live did a similar thing with murals. The local art association organized it. Been up a while as with hurricanes and Florida sun many have been “updated”.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Ai, Oh, I love the blue bowl of soup. Perfect! Sorry to see the bus riders still wearing masks, but a really good sketch. Thanks for your comments. The bluebonnets are great.

Joan, wow, that house will be on stilts. Amazing. Not my kind of place, ha. Love the vehicle. They were working on the road on the way to town and I thought of you and your vehicles. No place to stop, though. Love your art items. Excellent.

Jennie Jo, fun project. The artists painted the utility boxes here in Bastrop a few years ago. you did well.

Ai, how fun are the flower planters to look like bugs. Made me smile. Love your sketch. The home and vehicle are great, too. You included some people. Very special. The big tree is amazing. Applause to you!

Hi Fletch, thank you. That dental office is an old train station maybe or a storehouse. I'll take photos next time. It is very cool.

Gene has PT, may go for the bulls and wildflowers.

Jo & Fletch: Thanks so much for your kind words.

Here is the actual giant tree of the last part of the above post...

Attachments

• h108_p3c.jpg
    h108_p3c.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 8
JennyJo, thanks for the link to all the decorative poles. It was great to see all the wonderful artwork1 One local town here has a lot of trash recepticals that have been painted and once when I was in Amsterdam artists were painting all the large utility boxes. That always improves the appearance of an area.

Ai, looks like a wonderful location to paint and sketch. The flower bug arrangements made me smile. Your color in these is so vibrant and your direct watercolor is great. What brand of watercolors are you using? My favorite of the sketches is the one of the Heritage Home and the vintage car. The ink lines give it a wonderful, free look that is so nice.

Fletch, after the hurricanes and storms that have affected the towns with severe flooding, a lot of people raised up their houses to withstand the high water. It is amazing to see them perched up in the air while a new foundation is being created. I should keep track and watch as the construction continues and then the house is finally repositioned. After Hurricane Sandy one of Jerry's cousin's had her house raised 9 feet. It turned out beautiful, but she was out of the house for a very long time while it was being done.

Jo, thanks. This house looks quite worn, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like when it is finally done. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just knock them down and build a new one. It may have something to do with permits being easier to get for existing structures.

Ai, Oh, I love the blue bowl of soup. Perfect! Sorry to see the bus riders still wearing masks, but a really good sketch. Thanks for your comments. The bluebonnets are great.

Joan, wow, that house will be on stilts. Amazing. Not my kind of place, ha. Love the vehicle. They were working on the road on the way to town and I thought of you and your vehicles. No place to stop, though. Love your art items. Excellent.

Jennie Jo, fun project. The artists painted the utility boxes here in Bastrop a few years ago. you did well.

Ai, how fun are the flower planters to look like bugs. Made me smile. Love your sketch. The home and vehicle are great, too. You included some people. Very special. The big tree is amazing. Applause to you!

Hi Fletch, thank you. That dental office is an old train station maybe or a storehouse. I'll take photos next time. It is very cool.

Gene has PT, may go for the bulls and wildflowers.
Sadly, we don't have an art group. Just lots of artists and creatives.

Joan: Thank you... I enjoyed my day-off sketching and looking at plants & flowers at the place. I mostly use Daniel Smith, wc for 90% of my paint tubes (especially on my travel pallette)... I used to enjoy my old batch of W&N, Professional grade. But the W&N batch are about 20 years old and start to dry out... and later I got my self a small set of DS... then the year our late Hunter, Kirvin had passed, her DH gave me lots of her DS collection. I need to paint more. My last USA. trip, I stock up 10 tubes of Blick, professional WC... I have not yet opened them yet.... Other than that, I have some Kuratake (Japanese brand), Holbein (Japanese brand)... professional grades... and a few M-Grahms tubes. ... I think a good paper sketchbook also reflect the wc paints nicely too. ... :) You have done amazing sketch of the tall building with the brick ground, lovely still-life of your art materials, and super cool tractor.

JennyJo: Enjoy seeing your arts... at least we are your mini unofficial art group here :love:.

Been a while since I have participated in a hunt...

2024 Acorn, egg, mustard DSC_8707.jpg

Acorn (a kind of fruit!), egg, mustard (condiment).

HB pencil sketch on printer paper. Whatever other sins you can accuse me of, using fancy materials is not one of them. :D

Ai, love the tree. Thanks.

Joan, Hi and thanks.

Brian, wow. Great shading, hatching and perspective. I think I would like that mustard. Egg looks real. Nice to see you!

Ai, love the tree. Thanks.

Joan, Hi and thanks.

Brian, wow. Great shading, hatching and perspective. I think I would like that mustard. Egg looks real. Nice to see you!

English mustard tastes pretty much like Japanese wasabe, i.e. quite strong, but sinfully delicious. :)

BrianD: Welcome back...such a great job with the shading and the texture of the sketch.

Joe1: Thanks.... Wow za... love them all ... superb !!! The expression of the cat one and the eyes of the bird are amazingly done.

Jo: Thank you.

ALL: Happy Easter !!!

------------------------
#9 building ... our special breakfast family stop this morning, called, "Praline", and with some Easter flowers extra decoration to their front lawn.

20240330_101552.jpg

Last edited:
Brian - Excellent shading and perspective! 👍🏽👍🏽

Joe1 - WOW. Love the textures! Chicks are adorable and kittens look hungry.🙂

Ai - Hope the food was as good as the entry was pretty.

Robin - Looks like someone else wasout eating or at least having a cuppa joe. Nicely done Robin.

Keep sketching
Fletch.

Back