Christmas paintings ๐ŸŽ„

Kay and Arty, thank you! ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŽ„

Day 4.
A miniature bell on cardboard piece prepared with gesso. Also the model is a very small bell.
_Day4.jpg

These little still life pieces are so good! Your attention to the light on the string coming off the bell really shows off your skills, Moscatel.

Wow - you're killing it with these pinks and purples. โค๏ธ Day 3 up there is a very soft, romantic looking painting - beautiful!

Joe, Donna, Terri, Triduana! Thank you for your comments! I read carefully all of your comments several times and give them deep thought.
We have holidays tomorrow and no work, except painters do work no matter what.

Day 6.
This oil painting is probably the oddest practice I've made. I didn't expect it to turn out like this but there was no way to reach my goal .. so good experiment painting. Painting from life, size: 32x24 cm (12.5"x9.5"), oil on oil paper (Fabriano Tela).
_Day6.jpg

Terri, thank you!! (y) ๐Ÿ™ ๐ŸŽ„

Day 7.
This is a daily painting from life. I was learning to paint a ball shape and this is what turned out from this practice. They are chocolate balls. Size: 10x6 in, oil on cardboard (gesso added before oil painting). Green color surrounding is meant for not painting black always. lol

_Day7.JPG

Arty, thank you for your comment! โ™ฅ๏ธ ๐Ÿ™ For me posting every day is an effort itself! Some are daily paintings like the one I post today but not all. Some paintings are meant to try different things with brush/knife and some have many layers, some are old which I haven't posted in CS forum before and some are new from this or past week but most of all I want to take painting calm and slow no matter what. I want to spend time with them trying different things b/c I don't think I can do anything in a hurry. Besides December is not meant to spend in hurry and stress. This Christmas I don't stress about Christmas itself, I do very few things mostly with my cat so that she has all Christmas lights etc. which she enjoys. My Christmas is spent painting all kind of subjects slowly without hurry, enjoying the process and I could say I have found the perfect way to spend Christmas.
Hope you too have a nice Holiday Season!

Last edited:
Day 8.
More bell practices from life. 20x30 cm, oil on self prepared (sanding + gesso + imprimatura layer) mdf board.
I post tomorrow's painting already now b/c I have lots to paint tomorrow. It's also a daily painting.

_Day8.jpg

Like them all but my one observation is spray seven shadows are too dark and one colour saturated. I think 8 = 5 for best yet.

Day 7.
This is a daily painting from life. I was learning to paint a ball shape and this is what turned out from this practice. They are chocolate balls. Size: 10x6 in, oil on cardboard (gesso added before oil painting). Green color surrounding is meant for not painting black always. lol

View attachment 36946

Arty, thank you for your comment! โ™ฅ๏ธ ๐Ÿ™ For me posting every day is an effort itself! Some are daily paintings like the one I post today but not all. Some paintings are meant to try different things with brush/knife and some have many layers, some are old which I haven't posted in CS forum before and some are new from this or past week but most of all I want to take painting calm and slow no matter what. I want to spend time with them trying different things b/c I don't think I can do anything in a hurry. Besides December is not meant to spend in hurry and stress. This Christmas I don't stress about Christmas itself, I do very few things mostly with my cat so that she has all Christmas lights etc. which she enjoys. My Christmas is spent painting all kind of subjects slowly without hurry, enjoying the process and I could say I have found the perfect way to spend Christmas.
Hope you too have a nice Holiday Season!
I love these ornaments, especially how the color of the background makes them "pop." I'm so happy to hear you aren't rushing! That makes ME feel better as an artist. I am very slow and methodical and often wonder how other artists produce so much. Sometimes it makes me feel like the world of art is rushing by me and I'm left in the dust. :ROFLMAO: It's nice to know I'm not the only one taking it easy. ;)

Day 9.
"Poinsettia I", oil on canvas, 8x12 in. There's a lot of pait in this painting! Piles! Photographed still wet, cadmiums take a long time to dry. Will take better photo later when dry but this must work for now.

_Day9.jpg

๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿชท๐Ÿชท๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿชด๐Ÿชด

Wayne, thanks, agreed! (y):giggle:
Arty, thanks, I'm pretty much the same way! ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Wow, Mosc, such an ambitious project! I donโ€™t think I could do it myself. And these arenโ€™t just little sketches either, theyโ€™re fully rendered paintings. Well done on all of them!

Hi to everyone else! I signed up a long time ago, but the system still sees me as a โ€œNew Memberโ€ because Iโ€™ve been too busy with other things (classes, health, life) to post much. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Last edited:
Day 10. "Still Life with Red Onion, Garlic and Silver Plate", still unfinished but getting better, 16x12 in, oil on self prepared MDF board. Painting from life. To some of you today's painting might not be so christmasy but for me it's. ๐Ÿง„๐Ÿง„๐Ÿง„

_Day10.jpg

Wayne, Arty, Terri and Annie, thank you for commenting. Annie, good thing with this challenge is that l get to finish some paintings that l wanted to get done.

Back