Scavenger Hunt from Life #94: Dec 6 - Dec 14

#4 butt related - canned seat of chair four different attempts
#5 hair related clip.
IMG_2244.jpeg

Last edited:
Robin, I like the idea of the ear brush thingy! :) Now I have to figure out what to do with all these little digis sketches. At least they aren't filling up more sketchbooks.

Ai, that tree is so huge it looks like it could shade the whole park. Nice flow to the branches! Good pastry sketches and fruit. Now I want something tasty...

Jo, it is fun to see the new versions of your items. The gold gel pen is great for writing.

Robin, great sketching of the texture on the canned chair. Those are so hard to do.

Procreate sketches.
7 & 8 - a pair of earrings
9 - hand cream
10 - nail polish

IMG_0109.jpeg

Joan: Thank jou...gorgeous nail enamel and hand cream...happy earrings....

#12 mouth -- Thai sweet

20231210_113552.jpg

20231210_113724.jpg

Joan -- the lettering on the hot cup holder somehow makes it more 3D... like the "wet in wet" shadow, if that's what it is. Great greens in the 2nd one. And the nice bright digi-sketches ( :) )

Ai -- wow, that tree is wild. I like the little baker guy and the way his hat pops up into your painting! Nice fruit and coconut :) Oh, we were typing at the same time, nice Thai sweets!

Jo -- like the brightly colored college themed items.

Robin -- good job on the complicated cane. things like that are intimidating to draw!

#2 a pair of calves ( of course the one in back mooved )
IMG_1732rs.jpg

Robin, love your lines on the cane chair. So difficult to keep "straight" in the head for drawing the crossing pieces.

Joan, fun digi work. Thje earrings are so cute and looks like nice hand cream and polish. Don't think there has been any polish in our house in 20 years or more. Ha.

Ai, again you have me hunting snacks. I like the little cone shapes. We eat some small ice cream cones about that size. We received a basket of goodies with some candies, I need to work on those both sketching and eating the models!

Ned, awwwww. I love cows and haven't been close to any real ones in ages. You made me homesick in a good way.... Nice sketch!

Robin, you got busy! I like the smell of coffee, too. Great selection of items. Comfy shoes and nifty napkin holder. All have your hatching touch I like so much!

Well, I finished my course, did a painting for our Christmas card, got the painting into a app to print and got printer setup, so yesterday I printed the cards and today addressed and mailed them. A little late going out but now done. Hoping to get back into the Hunt and saw a neat class online for doing watercoior trees. but realize I ‘need’ the Hunt and ‘want’ the class do plan on more balance.

A little catch up on comments.

Ai -Animals are rarely cooperative. Nice work on the dogs and the pet themed walkway ad bench. Cannot give you a good reason but I like the hand and pottery without the ink lines better it just feels different. Sketches of students are always fun to see. That tree is amazing and well rendered. In the fruit and sweet images my fav is the mini baker.

Robin - I am with the crowd on the Beaver Balm sketch. 👍🏽 I did not see the ear gadget as a brush. Thought it was a corkscrew and struck me as dangerous. In a previous Hunt I mentioned to Joan how the scene had too much detail and it would would inhibit me from even trying. Cane is very close in detail. As Jo said too hard to keep track of ins and outs. Great ink sketches. The sepia like ink made me think back to older sketches where you twisted colors but nailed the values.

Joan - Am convinced your art skills move from one media to another. Enjoyed the so subtle shading on the gloves and the hat. Love the dumpsters! The earrings, creased nail polish are so well done. With the digi sketches you can stack the and label by Hunt

Ned - retired tip. Shaving is a weekly task unless going out to eat with family. That “lost in the drawing” is addictive. Drives you to keep creating. Excellent lunch spot sketch. Love the cows!

Jo - Your marker drawings are really nice but when look at them I wonder how they would look in pastels which I can actually do with the bear sketch.

Keep sketching (and i’ll work on restarting.)
Fketch

Ai, your food sketches are always so yummy. I want a taste even though I just finished a few chocolate chip cookies. :)

Ned, thanks. How close were you to the animals? Luckily they look very content.

Jo, glad you like these. I use the polish for my toes. I hate seeing them naked, but I never paint my fingernails with color. They get too messy and end up with ink all over them. lol

Robin, you found quite a collection of "twos." I like the touches of color in the hanging lights in the sepia sketch. The shoes/slippers look very comfy. And ahhh...the smell of fresh coffee brewing. Nice!

Fletch, yay for getting your cards done. I started printing just the text on mine this morning before the show and of course had problems with the printer...ugh!!! I only got a small amount done before it started printing too light. I played around for a while but ended up abandoning it because I had to get ready for the show. Hopefully it has rested and will be more cooperative now. lol

Nothing from me today. It was the second day of our art show/sale so I was too tired to do any sketching. I'll have to make up for it tomorrow and catch up and do some extra sketches for Sketchmas. I have a somewhat busy week coming up. It is nice to be able to say the a few of my paintings left the show and went off to new homes. It was a fun event and nice to see people's reactions to the work that they like. Here are a few photos from the show.
IMG_4186.jpeg

Some of the participating artists. No men joined us this year.​

406810079_10228500163842216_4585748075970159439_n.jpeg

The sales table. Some of my cards, ornaments, small paintings and books are on the right.​

406827297_10228500163922218_942715555561893231_n.jpeg

Some of the artwork. The two above and below each other in the white frames are mine.​

406835716_10228500164042221_7479174649956531879_n.jpeg

One of my pieces that sold is on the top in the photo.​

Last edited:
Joan, who let the brunette in? See y’all pmade her stand to the side. 😎
iCongratulations on sales! 🥂
FYI notice I said ”get the printer setup”? That was the better art of a day after fighting with the app. Finally gave up trying to get it to print both sides in some systematic way and msnually controlled the print sequence. Also colors ran light twice but was ready having ordered ink back in September.

All: Thank you for your kind support.

Robin: Thanks.... I love all your dancing lines, esp. in the two types of light

Joan: Thanks... Congratulations to the sale, beautiful arts, and a beautiful show. Such an active group of artists.

Toward the end of our 3 days sketchwalk and foodsketch -- I did a plein aire sketch (about 11x14 inch) of the Royal's gazebo in Santichaiprakarn Park. It took me almost 2 hours to do this one: first round with pencil, then wc.

#13 head -- roof over the head

H94_OverHead_p1.jpg

H94_OverHead_p2.jpg

Fletch, too funny.

Joan, love the photos of your show and all. Busy time, hope to see you when we can!

Ai, such a lovely scene and then you in it is very special!

Ai - That is beautiful. Love how you are surrounded by so much beauty and then you capture it in paint and share, Thank you.

*grins at jo

#1 Two different of a kind - Paper towels and napkins. Multiple kinds of graphite in pocket sketchbook.

IMG_2209.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Fletch & Jo: Thank you for your kind words. There are places that beautiful and there are places that I wish I did not see. I'm glad that I got to record some good ones for you to see.

Fletch: Yes, super work of those two kinds of soft tissues.

Last edited:
Good morning to all. Busy day sending stuff to Kentucky for Christmas so sketched early.
In the Book Factory sketchbook with Micron 03
Number 4 or 6 depending on how I number. ?? Hand or to do with hand, coffee mug I haven't used since we used to travel. Got it out yesterday for sentimental reasons. Ha.

csshfl94hand.jpg

Fletch, thanks. It took a bit of a fight but I finally got the printer to work right and the bulk of my cards are in the mail. Nice useful paper products for two different of a kind.

Ai, lovely work on the Royal gazebo! You had a nice turnout of people for the sketch walks. Who did all the organizing to get people from different places?

Jo, nice sketch of the sentimental mug. Nice to pull out something like that and think about the trips you took.

I spent a lot of time working on my cards and the only sketching I did was for Sketchmas. Luckily I can make the sketches fit in here.

11 - feet - watercolors and ink (The prompt was "beautiful shoes." Not my kind of footwear. lol

IMG_4196.jpeg

12 - waist (exactly where this chocolate is going to end up...lol) - watercolors and ink (The prompt was for candy or sweets.)

IMG_4199.jpeg

13 - arms (Used to carry the bins of mail) - watercolors and ink (The prompt was a mailbox.)
14 & 15 - pair of mailboxes
IMG_4201.jpeg

Joan….awesome digital earrings and cosmetics-wow. just can’t take my eyes off them…..whoa- nifty, flashy torturous shoes…you did a great job. Really like the light lavender for plastic bag. Good work on the muffin paper shapes and words . I love Trader Joe’s. I like their fun bags too. There is not one close here. Lovely postal sketch, great proportions and accurate coloring. Congrat on making a sale or two. That is real good feeling .

Ai … those sweet treats are wonderful. All the nice detail touches. Great job on the swirling icing. Depth and shading on round in paper box is delicious. Lovely atmospheric sketch of pavillion. You make it look so airy and spiritual. real nice to see happy photo of you.

Ned - those cows look very friendly and pasteurized.

Jo - thanks for your kind comments to everyone….really. Your sketch looks so happy..can’t say why exactly…then reading the words echos and pushes the happy feeling closer. All that from a sketch? Yep, that’s what I like about art.

Fletch- enjoying your honestly crisp comments. The paper pair look SO 3D so solid and yet soft like paper..impressive.. you got some good trick there….would.love to see your watercolor work.

Joan & Robin & Joe1: Thanks for your kind support

Joan: For the international sketchers (about 20 of them from 8 countries of this event), many of those countries are our neighbor countries i.e. Singapore, Malaysia, and a super active chapter of a classic region of Malaysia called Penang have been friends with our FB pages of BangkokSketchers Group and/or Urban Sketchers Thailand group. So when we have our "Sketchwalk+ Foodsketch Banglamphu Dec 9-11, 2023" event post, they have seen our poster and decide to join this event. In the past, some of us also have gone to sketch thru Penang Urban Sketchers (though I missed both events in the past). In addition, among ASEAN countries, we do have a regular AsiaLink SketchWalk, event, rotated amoug 10 countries every year. So all in all, for those active sketchers/painters we will see each other often if not in physical event, at least on our FB pages. But for any event in Thailand, if they plan to come, they will message us, we dont do any booking for them, we may give them some recommendation of hotels near the event Venue; so they can take care of their travel & hotel to Thailand themselves. But when they are at our event, we may tell them where we will meet to take a group photo at end of each sketch day and such. So they can sketch at the event, or roaming to sketch nearby spots, but know when to come back for a group photo with our BangkokSketchers Group. Our group is great, we don't charge them or required them to registered anything...but they can hang around to see some workshop in the evening. However, if we host the official AsiaLink Sketchwalk, our organizing will be more official driven than this. Here are some pic. from Day1 end of day, day2 end of day, and Day3 end of day (Asian love food and foodsketch !!! :love: )

Day1 -- End of day & night wc demo how to simplify scene workshop

Dec11_2023_SketchWalk-Day1-a.jpg

20231209_191151.jpg

Day2 -- End of day2, we had a night forum sharing some sketchbooks of some showcase artists (both Thai and non-Thai). I was not at this night forum though.

Dec11_2023_SketchWalk-Day2.jpg

Day3 - End of day

Dec11_2023_SketchWalk-Day3.jpg

Dec11_2023_SketchWalk1.jpg

Last edited:
Joan, lovely to look back at old sketchbooks and sketches and find the memories! Love the shoes, never ever wore heels like that. The peanut butter cups look great. Trader Joe's is near Gene's doctors, will have to stop there in January. Gene likes their mini chocolate chip cookies. The mail lady and mailboxes are amazing. Great!!

Robin, nice to read your comments. Love Ned's pasteurized cows! Good memories abound today.

Ai, wonderful times with your group of sketchers. Love seeing your sketches among the others. Applause and hugs.

Back