Scavenger Hunt from Life #94: Dec 6 - Dec 14

Joan: Super gorgeous red high heels, nice job on the sweet and its plastic bag. Wonderful two of mail boxes.

Jo: Thanks so much.

Robin, thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you are taking the time to stop by. I hope it helps to be among friends for a while.

Ai, it is great that such a large group gets together. I miss getting together with sketchers from all over.

Jo, I think if I put on heels like the ones I sketched I'd end up needing an orthopedist for some part of my body. lol

15 - free space - watercolors and ink (Done for the Use Sketchmas prompt of "seasonal product.")

IMG_4203.jpeg

17 - free space - watercolors and ink (Use Sketchmas prompt "flowers or a floral display.)

IMG_4206.jpeg

18 - free space - watercolors and ink (Use Sketchmas prompt "sketcher" done with my sketch group at Starbucks tonight.)

IMG_4208.jpeg

1 — free space - street lamp (with some artistic license)
..... sketched freehand in the ProCreate app on iPadPro with an Apple Pencil
..... semi-speed sketch (but see below)

I'd seen this streetlamp at some point but couldn't remember where, so I drove around forever one afternoon (a few days ago) and finally found it again 😌 I tried to sketch it sitting sideways on a bench trying to balance my iPad on my bent knees up against the back of the bench, and they were shaking from cold and fatigue, and so were my hands.

So I ended up somewhat redoing it (over the top, on a separate layer) at the library just now, and using a different ProCreate brush, so maybe this doesn't count, but I decided to post it anyway, and ask your forgiveness. My life is gone, and about to get much worse, so I really wanted to do something positive.

A couple of events ago, several of you said some deeply kind and encouraging things to me. Your words keep my going, and I love you all so very much (including Joan and JoC and Joe/Fletch and Ai, and others, but I don't have time to go and get all the names because they might be closing). I apologize for not answering sooner, or posting comments lately. Love you all
🤎🧡❤️❤️‍🩹💚💙🤎

IMG_7831.png

Robin -- like the assortment of different sketches. The Christmas lights made me smile.

Fletch -- Got it! The other day I met my retired neighbor walking his dogs down the street. He looked extremely happy and cheerful and scruffy and his hair looked like he just got out of bed. Then I realized as we were chatting that I was the same :) Any and all tips appreciated! Good job on the paper towels and napkins. The subtle shading on the paper towels make them look just right. do you spray your graphite sketches? I was looking at an old sketchbook of mine and the pencil drawings are smeared quite badly.

Joan -- those calves were maybe 15 feet away... they sometimes want to play but there's a fence so they can't run right up to you. There are sometimes bulls in the pasture a mile further along and they make me a bit nervous even with the fence. Love seeing the photos from the show, that's fantastic and it looks like you were all enjoying it! The "sketchmas" set are all great! You are amazingly prolific! I never know why I like something or not, but I particularly liked the pair of mailboxes.

Ai -- that Royal's gazebo came out great. The trees on the left look awesome and the people you added are a nice touch. Wow those photos from the international sketchers are fun to see.

Jo -- the sketch of the mug is great!

Pine Cone -- hi :) I like that street lamp sketch, it has character and it looks cools on it's own like that!

I went to the store today, and because Robin reminded me I got this. My little watercolor box was out in the car so I used tombow markers for color.

#3 free space shaving soap

IMG_1733rs.jpg

Last edited:
Pine Cone, please feel the big hug from here. ((Hug!)) I love your sketch of the street lamp. Whatever brush you used adds to the elegance of it. Thanks for taking the time to stop and share this.

Ned, thanks. Just curious...how big is this sketch. You were able to do the text so neatly. I like it! I see it is unopened...maybe you are following Fletch's advice about shaving. lol

Joan -- thanks :) it's in a 5.5 x 8.5 inch sketchbook, the drawing is about 5 inches wide. I find drawing text very weird: my mind wants to "write the letter with the pen" and I have to keep bringing it back to "draw the shapes I'm looking at" and forget it is a letter! :) I definitely plan to follow Fletch's advice!

Ink, 8x5x11" printer page

1. pertaining to mouth - toothbrush and dental floss
2. Pertaining to hair - clip and barette
3. pertaining to hand - cream, nail clipper
4. pertaining to eyes - safety glasses, contact lens case
5. pertaining to waist - belt

hunt94-01.jpg

Cheers,

Last minute addition...
I enjoyed playing with the tombow markers yesterday so I tried them again.

#4 a pair of oak leaves
IMG_1734rs.jpg

Joan, you make such good memories with your sketches. Love the arch with lights. The poinsettia is so real in its pot. And your friend sketching is super.

Pine Cone, thinking of you. The lamp is so different. Wonderful. Thank you. Be warm and safe. Hugs.

Ned, for someone that doesn't do lettering, that soap is so cool. Markers are hard to use, I think, you seem to get nice shading with them. Lovely, graceful leaves.

eyepaint, hey there. Always look forward to your "frames" of sketches. ery nice line work. The hair clip is wonderful. Look at those curvy lines and ellipses. Fun finds!

Ai, what a fun Christmas tree! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas back at you!

I walked and sketched in the Ohuhu sketchbook with a Micron 03, then sat on the porch and added color looking at the same view but farther away. Ha.
Number 7? Free space

csshfl94free.jpg

Ned, I have trouble making the lettering fit into the space it needs to occupy. Nice shading with the Tombows on the leaves.

EP, you disappear and then come back with an entire collection of sketches. It is nice to see them in your organized manner. You get the essence of the object without all the fuss. I like that.

Ai, what a fun collection on the branch for the holidays. Nice decorations.

Jo, love the landscape! The ink lines really add to the textures and colors.

Nothing new to add. See everyone in the next hunt.

Back