Christmas paintings 🎄

moscatel

oil painter
In December 2023 l'm posting to this thread Christmas theme paintings.

The paintings/drawings can be daily or other kind new or old still life paintings but somehow related to the theme. The goal is to post 24 ... maybe I manage to post less .. or maybe even 25 paintings. This is a perfect way to get to Holiday Spirit!

0_alotusrz.jpg

This is so sweet! It has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. Beautiful textures.

You've set quite a goal for yourself. I'll be back to see how it's going - have fun with it! :)

Very good! And a lovely festive project too. I'm getting excited about Christmas already. And a great first painting, it has a lovely vintage feel to it. Looking forward to the next one 🙂

Day 1.
We are already in the 1st of December so here's the first painting. I posted a crop of this in the start post and here's the whole thing after adding some more highlights and other stuff.

_Day1.jpg

Size: 32x24 cm (12.5"x9.5"), oil on oil paper (Fabriano Tela).

Last edited:
Jo Castillo, Merry Christmas to you, too!🎄
Terri, thank you. If posting gets too hard l can just stop. I have to admit this will be intense posting.
Donna, thank you!
JStarr, good luck with the Christmas reno-ing and stuff! Yay for the wine🍷.
Arty, thank you! With this 🧑‍🎄🎄thread I hope to increase activity to still life.
Wayne, thank you!
Triduana, I'm the same, excited always early about Christmas. The first painting in the beginning was a crop of today's painting day 1. I added things like highlights and let it dry to photograph it.

This takes me back in time to my art high school when during end of the year we would make small paintings on cut square pieces of older paintings so it would be more of manufacturing than art, background already provided. People laughed on how shitty my birds were. A lot of rules teachers usually aplied to our work changed because this was commercial for winter art school market, and that was kind of difficult to get for me. Maybe ill try to paint something later, im not much of a crimbus person, this might be an idea for presents even, much to think about.

We also did like wooden angels, the faces were premade and creepy, i think my angels ended up weird because one had like a monk hairstyle and other was a duo which they allowed, always the need to stand out haha.

Happy holidays

I love your pomegranate, Moscatel! Those reds are luscious!

Don't sweat the photo; we all know it's sometimes a struggle with lighting around the house. We're all viewing from different monitors, anyway, so it's all good! :) Keep them coming!

Back