Scavenger Hunt from Life#2 -- Nov 18 - 26, 2021

Thanks to all for the inspiration and comments on mine.

Vivien - Your objects are all great. I have peanut butter nearly daily for lunch. Never had Vegemite, but I hear it is (to phrase it politely), an acquired taste. ;)

EP - Amazing that just a few lines could immediately produce a recognizable can opener.
Joy - I love Peanut Butter too and usually have some on toast for breakfast. I also like Vegemite, which is made in Australia, but not so keen on Marmite which is made in New Zealand. Marmite has a stronger taste than Vegemite.

Joy, it's a wonderful painting. texture, colors, fantastic pineapple, your works I've always found wonderful, but I'm glad you found Shibasaki videos.
in the last few months, or the last 2 years I have started to think,
right or wrong,
, that seeing works, or advice, or a new pencil or new tool, explanations can help, help for new things that are learned or discovered, and to have new stimuli, new challenge, energy.
Ep, Vivien you have done 2 works with beautiful composition and drawings.

eyepaint, you always make me smile. I like your lines and colors. Cool shoes and socks. Fun items and coloring from your kitchen. I don't think we have a sharpening stone anymore. We had a couple over the years.

Joan, you always surprise with your market scenes. So good.The trees are beautiful colors.

ams, Anne, love your finds. The ball is super and the can opener is very cool. You are busy. Clever for paper. I like the camera, too. The pepper mill is interesting. We have so many different ones.

Joe, I think the shoe looks like the cloth. Great shading. Applause.

Hi Lazarus.

Joy, What a clever find for texture. Your pineapple looks edible!

Vivien, you found some a great variety of items and good job putting them together. I've never heard of OXO or Vegemite. Hmmm. (I just read your answer to Ai, guess Vegemite gives veggie broth.

I painted most of the day with acrylics ( in the acrylics posts) and sketched this afternoon waiting for paint to dry. Amazing how much I have forgotten about painting. I like to paint oils wet into wet and try to do the same with acrylics. Not as easy so have to let some layers dry. Ha. Sketched in the big book with Zig Millenneum 05 pens.
#6 socks and #7 accessories for Gene's trike riding - skull cap, shoe horn and computer for miles, speed, heart rate, etc.

shfl2socks.jpg

Jo: Awesome colorful snapshot sketches of Gene's ride.

Viv: Thanks for kind answer.

Joe, wonderful work with shoe and sock, fantastic design,

ams, splendid work on all 4 jobs
Jo , wonderful draws

Sorry for falling behind on this one - trying to get caught up, hope I haven't missed anyone!

Jeanne - Love your assortment of items and your colouring style.

Jo - Fab drawing - particularly like the wonderful helmet sketch, and Gene's trike cap - great use of the coloured pens.

Joe1 - Lovely sketch of the tangerine - really beautiful job with the shading on the leaves. Dynamic figure drawings from your statue.

Mary - Love the flower pot sketch - brilliant style and colours!

E.J.H. - Such a great sketch of the tractor at work - I love all the little details you've included in the surroundings.

EP - Fun and stylish sketching with your new marker, great look, and I love the layout of both sketches.

Joan - So glad you're getting out and painting these beautiful autumn watercolours, outstanding job with the colour.

ams - Love the can-opener sketch - great use of the paper texture and digital charcoal, it looks genuinely smudgy! Lovely work with the water-soluble graphite, too - really like the camera sketch.

Joe - I like the texture you got on the sock, and lovely range of darks.

Joy - Amazing texture in your pineapple sketch, and wonderful job with the leaves - great colours and brush strokes!

Vivien - Great to see your collection of items, love the parsley! Wonderful line and colour on all the items.

Triss: Amazing print works an all items. I love the cello.... Wow.

Joe1: Cool person/figure sketches. I love seeing you having fun with sketching. I can feel it.

Anne, Ai, Viv, Jo, Joe1 and Triss Thanks for kind encouraging words.

Jo - Nice finds in your acrylic escape efforts. All 3 florals are so beautiful!

Joe1 - great series of figures! Again they remind me of a page out of an old master’s sketchbook.

Triss - Experimenter extraordinaire! Love the strong shapes you achieved in the first Apple print. The cello has a very cool abstract feel.

Keep sketching
Joe

WISH ALL THOSE CELEBRATING A HAPPY AND HEALTHY THANKSGIVING!

Anne, Ai, Viv, Jo, Joe1 and Triss Thanks for kind encouraging words.

Jo - Nice finds in your acrylic escape efforts. All 3 florals are so beautiful!

Joe1 - great series of figures! Again they remind me of a page out of an old master’s sketchbook.

Triss - Experimenter extraordinaire! Love the strong shapes you achieved in the first Apple print. The cello has a very cool abstract feel.

Keep sketching
Joe

WISH ALL THOSE CELEBRATING A HAPPY AND HEALTHY THANKSGIVING!
Yes, Thanks, Joe.
Happy Thanksgiving all around!

Jo, nice sketches. I like your choice for metal.

Joe1, great figure studies.

Triss, some more apple fun! Love your cello scroll too. Wonderful choice for wood. Do you play the cello?

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US and Brazil.

eyepaint, you always make me smile. I like your lines and colors. Cool shoes and socks. Fun items and coloring from your kitchen. I don't think we have a sharpening stone anymore. We had a couple over the years.

Joan, you always surprise with your market scenes. So good.The trees are beautiful colors.

ams, Anne, love your finds. The ball is super and the can opener is very cool. You are busy. Clever for paper. I like the camera, too. The pepper mill is interesting. We have so many different ones.

Joe, I think the shoe looks like the cloth. Great shading. Applause.

Hi Lazarus.

Joy, What a clever find for texture. Your pineapple looks edible!

Vivien, you found some a great variety of items and good job putting them together. I've never heard of OXO or Vegemite. Hmmm. (I just read your answer to Ai, guess Vegemite gives veggie broth.

I painted most of the day with acrylics ( in the acrylics posts) and sketched this afternoon waiting for paint to dry. Amazing how much I have forgotten about painting. I like to paint oils wet into wet and try to do the same with acrylics. Not as easy so have to let some layers dry. Ha. Sketched in the big book with Zig Millenneum 05 pens.
#6 socks and #7 accessories for Gene's trike riding - skull cap, shoe horn and computer for miles, speed, heart rate, etc.

View attachment 13726
Jo - great sketches! Vegemite is a savoury spread for toast etc.. and yes it can be used in casseroles to add extra flavour. But its main purpose is as a savoury spread. I have it on toast for breakfast every morning as well as Peanut Butter.

Back