Scavenger Hunt from Life#2 -- Nov 18 - 26, 2021

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Mary, Sookie looks like a contented modelhere. Nice digi.

triss, looks as if you are having fun with different media. They are all different and yet all obviously by the same artist. Lovely work on all of them.

"J", nice sketches.

Jo, nice work with the missing sketches. You iPhone stand is really interesting.

Joe1, good sketches. I like your coffeepot and pack of tissues for paper.

Mary, love your flower pot. You do amazing work on a cell phone.

EJH, wonderful line and wash of a not so wonderful job that has to be done. Got 4 in 1, good job!

EP, nice sandal, socks, hat and scarf.

Ask Joe 1, Triss, Joy, Ann, Joe, and Mary...thanks so much for your comments.

Triss, I thought I already commented on that WOWZA somewhat abstracted mug and apple sketch!

Anne, that sculpture is so lovely and graceful. You sketched it really well with the digital charcoal. Looks like you are ready to don you socks and sneakers to go walking.

Mary, what fun shoes!!! I love the imperfections you put in the color! They really make the sketch...this rocks! I'd keep those too.

Ai, you did a great job on that white motor boat!

EJH, your color and inking in those items is so good!!

Joe, I looked back at the list to see if corners was mentioned. lol Glad you were able to use the sketch for another item on the list. Nice earth toned hassock.

Jo, love the sketch of the bottles from the lunch table...nice reflections. I like the landscape too...you could count the animals too.

I've been going out almost every day to do a landscape before the autumn colors disappear from the trees.
5 - multicolored trees - watercolors
6 - tastes great (fresh produce from the farm stand) - watercolors
7 - white tents
IMG_9066.jpeg
IMG_9070.jpeg

Joan, lovely sketch of fall colors and yummy produce.

Here is my #4 (blue) and #5 (Propelled by man power).

ball - digital oils
can opener- digital pencil and charcoal.
SH 2-4 Ball.jpg

SH 2-5 Can Opener.jpg

Joe1: Thanks... Cool set... like tangerine ... and the metal coffee pot... reminding me of our trip to Italy a few years ago...
EP: Cool ... upbeat energy fun set. Love the sandal and socks. That is an interesting headwear.
EJH: Awesome sketch... Love seeing a snapshot of your day in a farm or homestead.
Joan: Glorious fall season items on both. I so agree with you, If I were there I would go out to paint everyday too.
JO: Love the blue and yellow combo. The helmet piece is neat, your son made it ...wow.
Joe: Hello
Mary: Fantastic fun texture of the planter. Nice patterns on it.
Anne: Beautiful blue exercise ball. The can opener is super...

thank you all for the nice words,
Ams, nice work on both of them.
Joan, postcards, wonderful scenes

AJH, wonderful watercolor.
Marykos, beautiful vase.
EP, good job on everyone

MartKnos - love how you did highlighting on the succulent.

EJH - love the tractor. Nice work.

EP - Really cool how you added color with markers without actually coloring them in. Neat effect.

Joan - Excellent fall colors! My wife and I were both looking at all the colors you use to produce such a beautiful effect.

Anne - Nice digis. Especially like how you did the shading on the ball. Cool looking can opener.

#2 shoe
#3 socks
Drawn with multiple grades of graphite in half of a page in a 9x12 in sketchbook. Tried to show texture of shoe cloth by adding some hatching before shading. Did not work as I had hoped. Roughly an hour with lots of erasing.

C8E5CD0F-F446-48F1-B2F4-E33C2758615D.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Joe, I like your shoe and sock. Good contrast of textures. Especially nice work on the shoe laces and eyelets. They are just right.

I did a few more. All done in 4" x 6" Aquabee Sketch book, ink & wash with water soluable graphite and Neocolor II.

Sh 2-6 Tissue Box.png

SH 2-7 Camera.jpg

SH 2-8 Wood Box.jpg

The shakers are mainly plastic with metal shaker on top of salt and metal ball on top of pepper where it screws down.
Salt is the plastic and pepper is the metal. ;)
SH 2-9, 2-10 Salt & Pepper.jpg

Anne, I love your wooden and tissues. Paper/cloth is very difficult to draw for me.
Joe - Nice mandarin and shoes.
Jo - So simple and fresh, the red shakers and the horses.

This is my contribution, a pineapple for texture. It is my first attempt at direct watercolor. I did this and a dog for another forum's monthly challenge after becoming fascinated with Shibasaki on YouTube.

EBBB77EA-8523-437B-BB52-4C56A7C31370_1_201_a.jpeg

More ...
ink and marker on 5x8" toned paper

5. made from wood - handle on spatula
6. made from plastic - tongs
7. made from paper - post it note pad
8. made from metal - can opener
9. made from stone - knife sharpening stone

hunt002_02.jpg

Cheers,

Joy, your direct watercolor experiment was a success! Beautiful texture and color.

Good ones EP.

Love all the Hunt sketches that are already posted ! Here's my first lot of Scavenger Hunt Sketches. I sketched with pencil and ink then decided to add watercolor to the sketches as I do love color. I also enjoy putting the items together in a composition, so this time I went with what was in my groceries cupboard.
1. White - Salt
2. Dark - Vegemite
3. Blue - Lid on Peanut Butter and Label
4. Yellow - 2 minute noodles
5. Red - OXO packet
6. Multi-colored - Vegemite Label
7. Earth tone - Peanut Butter
8. Green - Parsley

Scavenger Hunt 2.jpg

Anne - Nice shading on the tissue box, the grain effect on wood box is cool and clever finds splitting the salt and pepper shakers plus like the line work on them

Joy - WOW you nailed the textures on the pineapple? The leaves even look sharp. (Have gotten a few cuts picking them.)

EP - Real like how you are using the color. Hmm I have Whet Stine some where. Need to do a little search. Nice composition too. Like how the eye kinda loops around.

Keep sketching
Joe

Viv - we cross posted! Great cupboard finds to make a fun composition so full of color. 👍🏽

Viv, love your grocery items. I wouldn't have thought of the peanut butter for earth tone. Good idea.

Joe, thanks for your comments.

Joy: Yes, I used to see Mr.Shibasaki's nice 5 min. tree painting demo too. I ditto Joe... your pineapple is brilliant. (y).. the color looks very fresh and yes ... super sharp leave.

Viv: Beautiful cupboard set, colorful and happy combo together. What was oxo for ?

ams: Great to see you enjoy the Hunt and the sketches come out very nice for all colors or black/white piece.

EP: Wonderful fun set... love the happy colors and how you put them into cute kitchen combo sketches.

Joe: Wonderful graphite set. I love the contour of the socks too... I can feel that It was laying, creating a gentle bump down the shoe in the back.

Thank you Anne and Ai.
Ai - Oxo is a Beef Stock cube. You cumble one cube in a cup of boiling water and it gives a great flavour in casseroles, soups and stews.

Thanks to all for the inspiration and comments on mine.

Vivien - Your objects are all great. I have peanut butter nearly daily for lunch. Never had Vegemite, but I hear it is (to phrase it politely), an acquired taste. ;)

EP - Amazing that just a few lines could immediately produce a recognizable can opener.

Back