Scavenger Hunt from Life#2 -- Nov 18 - 26, 2021

8F92DE6A-7B97-478E-95FC-CF2B92AF29E9.jpeg

sketch 3 “an animal or person” my puppy Cersei is way too active to try and draw so my roommate’s lap dog Sookie was kind enough to sleep while I drew her . Sketches app iPhone.

EJH - love the colors and textures on your dishes

Joe- great sharing on your hassock

Aunt Jo- I love how different your two subjects are but how you can tell they were done by the same person. Very lovely!

Ask- love your shoes and a clever way to add socks in the same pic

Last edited:
Ai - Love the looseness of the boat sketch, wonderful watercolour tones.

E.J.H. - Beautiful blends of colour in the shadowed areas of the objects, and lovely texture with the watercolour.

Joe - I'm trying to have an experimental week (and use up some of my acrylic stuff!). Love the soft shading on the storage box, and the great handling of the values.

Jo - Fantastic reds in your first sketch, and I like the fun combination of the drawing and watercolour in your landscape.

ams - I like the sketchy pencil outlines with the soft shading on your socks & shoes sketch - nice style!

Mary - Wonderful sketch of Sookie - love her fabulous fur, and amazing background! Hope we get to see Cersei, too, sometime - even if she is just a blur of activity!

#1d/2c - Blue/red. Acrylic ink & pencils/oil pastels/gouache sticks, wrapping paper roll, A1-ish.

bluered2.jpg

Triss: Thanks ... Lovely glowing effect on your blue cup combo.... also very interesting ground.
Jo: Thanks. Nice landscape and the trio of vintage red.
Mary: Thanks. What a pleasant dog model ... very cute and warm result....I don't know how to delete a thread either. Pls. converse with either Terri, or ArtyZhar.
Joe: Thank you. Beautiful shading on the box.
EJH: Thanks. What a fun hobby. Love all 4 combo and the beautiful color on the cup.
Anne: Thanks. Fantastic shoe and socks combo.

Triss, nice and beautiful the first version of the cup, all 3 works are wonderful.

Ams, nice work with the dolphins and with the shoes in a small sheet.

MaryKnos, nice shoe work, wonderful scene, and wonderful painting for your number 3.
Ai, I really like the boat and the scene, on the boat you have created a very three-dimensional effect, it stands out a lot.
E.J.H.
all beautiful, and I really like the coloring you made

Joe, thamks, you did a wonderful job, I really like chiaroscuro and this work of yours.

Jo, both are wonderful, different subjects but the same wonderful rendering.

I made some drawings, I post them later

1. sock
2. tastes good
3. clothes
4. yellow
5. blue
6. red
7. white

Done in an 8.5 x 8.5 Bee Pen Sketcer book. Pencils, pen and colored pencil

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 98

Ai - Nice series of sketches. Bananas look yummy, but can’t top a good pizza! Neat idea to use the stand-off pfrom pizza as plastic. What degree is the Pentel fude? Like those lines.
Joe: I'm not sure I understand your question right. It is this pen here on Amazon: , it has soft tip for calligraphy... we can control and vary the weight of the strokes.... Very gentle and easy to hold and feel great to draw on... not just only good for calligraphy. I highly recommend... and they come in many colors too.

Last edited:
Jeanne: Welldone set. Colorful and cute... glad you can join in.
Joe1: Thanks.

Thanks everyone.

Anne, aww, love the shoes and shading.

Mary, Cersei is so cute. I've been wondering. Good job.

Triss, so good. I like how you are doing the same objects with different media. This oil pastel and gouache is lovely and on wrapping paper. Wow.

Jeannne, "J", I like the lollipop. Great finds and rendering.

I thought I had numbered my sketches wrong. No I just hadn't taken the photo of #1 and #2, yellow and blue. In the big book with Zig Millenneum 05 pens.

cs02blue-yellow.jpg

J , beuatiful job
jo , beutiful ,fanny , number 2
2 texture

tangerine
3 4 5, 6, shoes, something plastic (cake wrapped with plastic film), glue in a tube,
something paper, a packet of handkerchief, and there is something metal, the coffee pot, they are tiny drawings, on a5 sheet, or smaller.
the mandarin instead is drawn larger, normal size.
texteture, tried with hatch, I don't know if it's the right choice. for mandarin, maybe not.
mandarino texture.jpg
oggetti.jpg

Joe: I'm not sure I understand your question right. It is this pen here on Amazon: , it has soft tip for calligraphy... we can control and vary the weight of the strokes.... Very gentle and easy to hold and feel great to draw on... not just only good for calligraphy. I highly recommend... and they come in many colors too.
Ai - Thought it was a fude fountain pen. The typically come in 40° or 55° bent nibs. Did not know the made a fude brush pen. Pretty cool. Loved the line quality you got with it.

with texture Mandarin / clementine
made from plastic
made from paper
made from metal , sandal or shoes ,the exact terms I should have used for the drawn objects, sorry .

the exact terms I should have used for the drawn objects. mandarin, shoe, paper handkerchiefs other.
Regarding the fude pen that AI said, yes, they are strong.

I have a fountain pen, but it doesn't have the pressure change, to prove it, a couple of years ago,
I was tempted by brush, to use for ink, it is a purchase that I found a little difficult, for the search for the right brush, for ink, and for the fact that it is something I do not know how to use, I read about these FUDE PEN pentel and them I have found it and it has not existed.
they are cute, when I try ink faces, caricature attempts or faces, I like to use these, alternating with normal pens if I don't want to waste ink or if I want to try pages with only lines or circles first.

Jo - Like the salt and pepper shakers. Neat landscape. Am not going to make any comments about prunes and Dallas Cowboys in the same composition 😎

Anne - Nice shading on shoes pand socks. Thanks for kind words.

MaryKnos - Skokie is adorable. Nice digi

Triss - Wow the colors just leap off the page. Like the paper reflection on the mug and mug highlights.

Jeanne - Nice set of sketches. Like all the art tools for colors.

Joe1 - Nice hatching on the orange. Especially like line work on the shoes and the coffee pot.

Keep sketching
Joe

The line and wash of today. We were shoveling sheep dung into the shovel of my case tractor, to drive it away to the dung heap.
#made from metal
#Red
#earth tone
#record event

Attachments

• 20211121_194816.jpg
    20211121_194816.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 101
joe1lt, I like your small sketches, well done. The mandarin is nice. It looks to be in the shade with no highlight. Good to me.

Joe made me laugh and I had to send this comment to my son: "Jo - Like the salt and pepper shakers. Neat landscape. Am not going to make any comments about prunes and Dallas Cowboys in the same composition"

Mary, the flower pot and succulent is very nice. I like the highlights.

E.J.H., super sketch of the farm equipment. I really like seeing everyday work and workers. I'm smiling again.

Hello,

Here are my sketches. Ink and (new!) marker on 5x8" toned paper.

1. sandal or shoes
2. headwear (toque/beanie for the US)
3. accessories (scarf)
4. socks
hunt002.jpg

Cheers,

Back