Scavenger Hunt from Life#2 -- Nov 18 - 26, 2021

triss, you continue with wonderful variations on your mugs and apples. I love your free style on these.

Robin, lovely sketches of these little items. I especially like the plastic tortoise shell hair clip. Don't be discouraged with the technology. It will get easier. You have figured out how to post comments and your artwork so you are well on the way.

amo, glad you had a chance to post a sketch before the week was over. Much more important to get your artwork up than it is to comment on all the others individually. It can be quite daunting!

#11 & 12 done in Artrage digital chalk. Probably about 30 min but I got interrupted in the middle so I'm not sure.

View attachment 13865

The hat is resting on a sketchbook. A sketching artist never has enough sketchbooks or paper! I guess I don't really have that problem though since I do so much digitally. How would I draw disk storage space???
Anne, that's great sketching! it looks like youve sketched it on actual paper and a sketchbook. Your digi work is amazing!

Thanks for your comments everyone! For all of you who are celebrating today...Happy Thanksgiving!

Vivien, I will have to try to remember to ask my niece of she ever developed a taste for Vegemite.

Triss, another fun mug sketch! Your sketches are always inspiring. Love the cello scroll.

jo, noq Nutella I love...since having it in crepes in Paris.

Joe 1, great figures!! Love the minion too.

Robin, I like your sketches. I find it easier to post here than I did on WC. I don't have to resize first.

Angela, I love those slippers. I had that pattern for a wile until I wore them out. They are so comfy. I'm probably the one who said I had the same ones.

Anne, I love the softness of the hat on the sketchbook. Super!

Hope I didn't miss anyone. I had a few glasses of wine with dinner so I'm not concentrating fully. lol

Nothing new from me. I am working on the next hunt list. Hopefully I won't forget to post it before the night is over. :)

Reactions: amo
EBA9F695-E862-4509-9011-AD4CA9E64EA4.jpeg

Robin, I'm glad you finally got it to post correctly!! I agree...never enough earrings. Although through the pandemic I stopped wearing earrings because I was never going anywhere. Now it is hard to get back into the habit of wearing them again.

Scavenger Hunt #3 is now posted. See. you there.

5C999F6C-6DA9-4B41-B8D7-2D8C55126FD3.png

Sketch 6 - Stone. Mortar and pestle. Digital iPhone

Triss, Aunt Jo, Joe, Joan, Robin,Ai, great work y’all and anyone I might have missed. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Robin: Cool earrings and dresser ... glad you can post image right with the message.

Angela: Lovely soft sandal. Glad you can join with a sketch.

Mary: Wonderful digi on iPhone.

Anne: Wonderful set in digi. Love how you put the hat on the sketchbook.

Robin, I'm glad you finally got it to post correctly!! I agree...never enough earrings. Although through the pandemic I stopped wearing earrings because I was never going anywhere. Now it is hard to get back into the habit of wearing them again.

Scavenger Hunt #3 is now posted. See. you there.

Thanks for your patience and thanks Ai for the tip. The above is old style and never enough earrings
Wow lots of earrings!

thanks for the nice words about minions.
Robin, Maryknos, Joan, Triss, amo, ams,
good job.

Robin - Love your shading on the hairclips and earrings, and fun drawings of the dresser and earrings box - great lines and style!

Angela - So glad you had time to join in! Fab work with the coloured pencil slippers, wonderful job on the patterns.

ams - Lovely texture and tone in your sketchbook and hat - really enjoying the way you use the digital paper texture so well.

Mary - Wonderful texture in your sketch, and love the background colour!

Thank you to all who hosted and participated. Great work by everyone!! (Again, the list of participants is so lengthy I have to just toss that out!) Terrific art in these Hunts - I am always impressed. ❤️

I meant to post more this round, and sooner. Here I am, better late than never I suppose.

#1 White - an embroidered white round pillow on a daybed.

#2 Accessories - an old bracelet

#3 Tastes great - a wine glass with red wine, my fave

These are mainly done with colored pencil and Prismacolor, in my 11x14" Canson mixed media sketchbook.

scavenger hunt items.jpg

Reactions: ams
Better late than never Terri. Very nice sketches. I like your hint of a reflection of the wine glass and the light coming through the wine.

Terri: Thanks for your support and 3 awesome sketches. ... Well done.

All: 🥰 Thanks for sharing your sketches and kind encouraging comments. See ya in the next Scavenger Hunt from Life#3. ;)

Back