Scavenger Hunt from Life#2 -- Nov 18 - 26, 2021

8 never have enough ,minion,
is peluche, which was at the super market a few weeks ago.
trying shading, i tried to practice shading calle's book.

Minion.jpg

I'm too far behind to comment individually, but I enjoyed seeing how creative everyone has been.

Vivien, I think Vegemite is an acquired taste. My niece was in Australia as an exchange student ages ago (She lives there permanently now.) When she came home she brought a jar for everyone to taste it. lol

5 - person - watercolors and ink
6 - clothes
7 - made of brick (sub for stone)

8 - never have enough of these autumn color
IMG_9077.jpeg
IMG_9078.jpeg

Joe, an adorable minion.

Joan, very nice paintings of barber shop and autumn colors. I know what you mean about keeping up.

Joan - Nice Barber painting and Autumn colors!
I'm too far behind to comment individually, but I enjoyed seeing how creative everyone has been.

Vivien, I think Vegemite is an acquired taste. My niece was in Australia as an exchange student ages ago (She lives there permanently now.) When she came home she brought a jar for everyone to taste it. lol

5 - person - watercolors and ink
6 - clothes
7 - made of brick (sub for stone)

8 - never have enough of these autumn colorView attachment 13819View attachment 13820
Joan - nice Barber Shop and Autumn colors!
re Vegemite - I grew up always eating Vegemite or Marmite on toast for breakfast. I guess they have both been around for multiple years and we are all so used to the taste in NZ and Australia. There's been many instances of New Zealanders living in England posting home to relatives in NZ to please send them some Vegemite or Marmite as they were missing it! Happens a lot apparently!

Joe1 - Great sketch - love seeing all your creative shading and hatching experiments!

Joan - Wow! on that tree colour - absolutely gorgeous. And fun sketch from the barber shop - love the brick texture.

#1e/#3d/#4b - Blue mug, green apple, wood block letters. Acrylic and XL charcoal blocks, A2.
csmugapple.jpg

Jo - great sketches! Vegemite is a savoury spread for toast etc.. and yes it can be used in casseroles to add extra flavour. But its main purpose is as a savoury spread. I have it on toast for breakfast every morning as well as Peanut Butter.
Vivien, I learned about Nutella and Tim Horton's in Canada and liked both. Guess I will look for some Vegemite and try it! Why not? Thanks.

ViV: I will try to fine Vegemite and Marmite to try.
Joe1: Love ya Minion...
Robin: Hello... just happy to see ya back.
Joan: Glorious barber scene and super special on the colorful Falls.
Triss: Fantastic blue cup and apple combo.
Jo & Ned & other: Hello ...

It’s unanimous. The minions rock!!! VERY likable drawing Joe
Joan lovely fall landscape and peoplescape

Plastic. Metal. Green. Earth tone. Yellow

Attachments

• D062A3F3-0921-42B6-99B3-42D92118E642.jpeg
    D062A3F3-0921-42B6-99B3-42D92118E642.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 114
  • D9D1AADA-0113-4DBB-A43B-8CC1439AD03A.jpeg
    D9D1AADA-0113-4DBB-A43B-8CC1439AD03A.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 111
  • 8E70A847-F35C-4DE7-BFCD-F150734ECE7E.jpeg
    8E70A847-F35C-4DE7-BFCD-F150734ECE7E.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 4E70900B-E292-4464-9CF7-9E9299A5608F.jpeg
    4E70900B-E292-4464-9CF7-9E9299A5608F.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 116
Still need to work on posting. I read a good post on it but then didn’t get to use the knowledge and forgot. Dang technology changes so fast it is annoying just trying to keep up

Robin: Lovely set... love the hairpin turtoise shell, earring, and the fossil. beautiful pen work. BTW, if you intend to put the whole image right inside the post, when you upload try to wait a bit longer, when you done inserting image, you will see the image appear on your screen, then you can press enter at the bottom right of the image, for uploading the next picture. If you hit enter too soon, the file will appear as attachment only.... this was what I have observed when I uploaded mine.... Pls. just try it.

No way I could even read all the comments this time, much less comment myself. But I love seeing the sketches, and I'm glad the hunt found a home! I finished one sketch. Pencil and CP on 9x12 sketch paper. I realized that I have sketched these slippers before while I was working on this, and one of the hunters said they have the same slippers! But that was years ago. (No, I don't wear them much. Yes, they did have more shape the last time I drew them.)

Happy Thanksgiving!
20211124_154615 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
No way I could even read all the comments this time, much less comment myself. But I love seeing the sketches, and I'm glad the hunt found a home! I finished one sketch. Pencil and CP on 9x12 sketch paper. I realized that I have sketched these slippers before while I was working on this, and one of the hunters said they have the same slippers! But that was years ago. (No, I don't wear them much. Yes, they did have more shape the last time I drew them.)

Happy Thanksgiving!
View attachment 13859
Great sketch of your slippers, they look super comfy! Is it in colored pencil? Sorry Ive just read it is in your notes!

Happy Thanksgiving!
View attachment 13859
Beautiful. well done.

triss, you continue with wonderful variations on your mugs and apples. I love your free style on these.

Robin, lovely sketches of these little items. I especially like the plastic tortoise shell hair clip. Don't be discouraged with the technology. It will get easier. You have figured out how to post comments and your artwork so you are well on the way.

amo, glad you had a chance to post a sketch before the week was over. Much more important to get your artwork up than it is to comment on all the others individually. It can be quite daunting!

#11 & 12 done in Artrage digital chalk. Probably about 30 min but I got interrupted in the middle so I'm not sure.

SH2-11, 12 Hat, Sketch Pad.jpg

The hat is resting on a sketchbook. A sketching artist never has enough sketchbooks or paper! I guess I don't really have that problem though since I do so much digitally. How would I draw disk storage space???

Back