Scavenger Hunt #60 - March 7 - 15

Robin Gillis

Here we go!
For guidelines please refer to Hunt #59

This list consists of three sections.

SECTION ONE ———Draw things relating to the listed body part not the parts themselves necessairily. Example list - hand- handle, soap, or a yawn! oOr if you wanna “go deep” with our friend Fletch, for foot you could sketch the toothbrush you use to clean off the bottom of shoe when you step in it!
The main point is to have FUN, (no pun intended), and it IS a three letter word ……(oh, ….I see another way to make a list…..maybe next time)…..anyway fun is a very important word we wanna try and work into the experience because it’s very, very good for your heart!!!

SECTION TWO - - - Numbers 15 - 22 is to sketch either different pairs or different two of a kind. Each 2 in the set counting as two in the list. Example- a pair of socks counts as 15 & 16.

SECTION THREE. Consists of four free spaces. Ned should have room to squeeze in an amazing sketch or two.

CHALLENGE- draw as many of the related items being what you would use in one day.

So, BIG HUG, and here we go!

1….hair
2…head
3…eyes
4…ears
5…mouth
6…nose
7…neck
8…arm
9…hand
10…finger
11…waist
12…butt
13…legs
14…feet
15 & 16 ……pair or two different of a kind
17 & 18…… pair or two different of a kind
19 & 20……pair or two different of a kind
21 & 22…….pair or two different of a kind
23…free space
24…free space
25…free space
26…free space

OK... I am trying to do a super challenge for the first time "OneHundredPeopleInOneWeek" or in 5 days... and I have started one day late ... but today we had a piano tuner in the house, and I later stopped by our neighborhood flea market, full of lotto merchants (in Thailand lotto comes in analog ticket forms... the digital kind is kicking in though) and end the day with some sketches of our family members.

#1 lotto vendor -- the first one, she kind of sat on her bike where she showcased her lotto on the front easel
#2 lotto vendor -- the second one, she sat on the stool, with a prospect checking out some lucky numbers...

h60_lotto1.jpg

h60_lotto2.jpg

#3 ears -- I sketched Lily wearing her earphone

h60-EarPhone.jpg

#4 fingers -- I sketched our piano (being tuned; hence, the action part had been taken out for adjusting)

h60-finger-piano.jpg

#5 butt -- I sketched our piano tuner, wearing a tight jean...

h60_butt.jpg

h60_piano tuner.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the list Robin, and "section 3" :)

Great start Ai! 100 people in a week is a big challenge!!!

Sylwia: Thank you. Lovely flowers... This year I did not let the piano tuner see my sketches but last year I did show him my finished sketches. So may be he might have felt the tingling sensation that someone was drawing him from the back. :giggle: ..

Robin Thanks for a thinking list and the honorable mention. 😎

Ai - Good wishes on the 100 person challenge. Looks like you are off to a good start. I especially like the tuner sketches.

Sylwia Nice shading on the grape hyacinth.

Hoping to be more active again in the Hunts. Course is fun and interesting but miss interacting withe my friends, new and old.

Keep sketching
Joe aka Fletch

Robin, thanks for the fun list.

Ai, I see your people sketches are coming in handy since they work here too. The piano tuner sketches are great!

Sylwia, nice flowers. The fragrance of hyacinth works well for nose. :)

Joe, nice work on the hair comb. Hope you will be participating more.

Like Ai I am participating in the One Week 100 People Challenge and I'm using some of the individual sketches for items here. Most of my sketches so far have been done in the food courts at shopping malls or at Panera.

1 - hair (Love those dreadlocks!) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1961 (1).jpeg

2 - eyes (sunglasses) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1959.jpeg

3 - ears (headphones) - ink & watercolors

IMG_1966 (1).jpeg

4 - nose (face mask) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1942.jpeg

5 - mouth (burger) - watercolors and ink
IMG_1944.jpeg

Thanks all for your kind words. I am still trying to do OneWeek100People theme here ... I likely cannot cover all 100 people in 2 days remaining... but I shall try to have fun with what I can do... :)

This set was done with Pentel fude touch calligraphy pen... It is so sweet to draw with the soft-touch tip, I highly recommend.

#6, #7 two types of Thai street food vendors...the first one was selling Asian style rice poridge ...the second one was selling grilled pork sticks with sticky rice...
#8 free space #1 --- an extra customer of morning rice porridge...

20230309_084630.jpg

20230309_092329.jpg

#9, #10 two of a kind of Thai fastfood customers... Last night, we all were at Texas Chicken, aka, Church Chicken, in the USA.
20230309_115017.jpg

20230309_115047.jpg

#11 - hair -- a student with her big hair clip on

h60_hair-hairclip.jpg

#12 - head -- two different men with motorcycle helmets on
h60_head-helmet.jpg

#13 -#14 -- 2 or 3 more of ladies working out with aerobic dancing routines at the park, yesterday.
h60_2-of-aKind-AerobicDanceWorkouLadies.jpg

#15 legs -- a man joining a big circle to do "shuttlecock kicking" game.... as seen more info. here. Again, this sketch I did while observe morning people at a park nearby my univ. The Thai love to go to many outdoor work-out at our parks.

h60_leg-shuttlecock-kicker-game.jpg

Last edited:
Note to self and all: Uhm... I start to realize that most 80% more of my sketch non-moving people were engaging with their cell-phone... Is this a norm of our modern life now ? I need to see Ned's sketches of the Gull Rock with his footprint in the back sand trail or Joan's beachscape pls. ..:unsure:

Joan: Thanks... Excellent job of sketching people .... I love them all... they are so great with your colors and lines... How did you do this project last year, how far did you go ??

Last edited:
Robin thanks for the list.... wow look at all you folks jumping in so quick.... I will be a bit slower.....

#16 - #17 --- a pair of two types of tropical tree blooms at my workplace ... done in directwatercolor

h60_bloom2_a.jpg

h60_bloom2_b.jpg

h60_bloom1.jpg

h60_bloom1-b.jpg

#18-#19 -- a pair of smoothie-workers at our canteen ... notice one guy was trying to hack the coconuts using a cleaver...for the coconut smoothie prep.

h60-DrinkSmoothyWorkers.jpg

#20-#21 -- a pair of food workers... during their late lunch break... they were wearing the net hats for food hygiene codes.

h60-PairFoodWorkers.jpg

Last edited:
Paul & Sylwia: Thanks.

AlbamaJama: Thanks... Great idea, great sketch of the bottle neck.

Uhm... can you tell that I am exhaused from sketching... trying to wrap up with OneWeek100people project, plus catching some local tree blooms of the season. ... I am very happy to sketch all of these though. ;)

Last edited:
Section 1:
1. Head --- head of lettuce
2. Butt --- the books in the book shelf butt against each other
3. Legs --- legs on food tray
4. Hands --- hands on my old digital watch (ok so I dont throw things away)
5. Eyes --- Eyelets on my sneakers

8.5" x 11" sketch pad.... 40 minutes
I will be back for comments later.... so many great sketch
Hunt60.jpg
es

Last edited:
Back