Scavenger Hunt #60 - March 7 - 15

Joe: nice armchair… and for my shower head.. it looks better at the bottom bc drawing white plastic is easier than metal 😝
Bama Jama - I read it all as metal so what technique you used for the plastic might work on the metal too.

#4 hand - hand sketched with 0.5 mechanical pencil in 8.5x5.5 inch sketchbook.
1A0543B6-D575-4891-95EF-898255282314.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Paul - Nice set of sketches. One question. Does that one die really have 2 sides h
with 6 or was that artistic license?😎 Really like the shading on the shakers.

Robin - Nice composition. Do I see a little aloe in that front pot too? We have no luck here with houseplants. 🥲

Keep sketching
Jor aka Fletch

Fletch LMAO........ good catch I would like to say it was artistic license but that suggest a planned action and well it wasn't.... just another dyslexic move on my part... Although they weren't the standard dice they came from the Clue game that has a magnifying glass on one side and I am pretty sure neither had two sixes...

Ai- gettin’ bold with the browns pastry’s. Awesome sketch of the students. They have the group connection going on!

AlaJama….that shower head means business….creative thinking . Fun quickie lizard sketch . The simple line and lith subjects give a relaxed feeling.

Vivian….Hi, glad you got some sketching in. Very nice clear drawings. The glasses look just like the pair you have on in your icon photo

Joan….wow…you get SO much into your coffeehouse sketches these days. I especially like the guy with the apron tied and pensive pencil in hand and thoughtful look on face…great catch. Did that other guy finally sneeze?

Fletch…your great sense of humor made me laugh out loud. The chair sketch looks comfortable. My back feels much better knowing such furniture exists. You have long fingers! What a delightful happy buddy bears sketch!

MPaul….nice set….looks like a food and fun night with the poker guys……

hope I can get a few five minute studies in today. It’s been a ong time since I finished a hunt…..

Ai, thanks. The people have been fun to sketch. I hope you enjoyed doing it too.

Joe, thank you. I like your armchair. I usually have trouble with those spindly arms. You did well. Good hand too...nicely shaded. Cutie pie bears from what I expect is from Sharon's collection.

Paul, you've done so many "two of a kinds" for the hunt. You did good getting them to come out the same size. Yay!

Robin, nice little potted garden you have there. Like Joe, I don't have much luck with houseplants here. We don't really get enough light to keep them healthy indoors. Nice grouping of different leaves. Love the napkins and the napkin holder. Your comment about the guy sneezing made me remember that when I looked at the finished sketch of him I thought he looked like he was gonna sneeze too. He was just deeply concentrating on whatever was in front of him on his phone that was on the table. lol

I went to Grand Central with the NYC Urban Sketchers yesterday so I'm using those sketches for some free spaces.

14 - free space for a sketch in the Grand Central Main Concourse where they have the big clock that everyone meets near - watercolors and ink

IMG_1986.jpeg

15 - free space sketch of Luke's Lobster down in the dining hall (I had lobster bisque from there for lunch.) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1987.jpeg

14 - legs covered by this woman's ripped jeans (done on the train) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1989.jpeg

Paul, love all your ideas for section one. The T-shirt neck is fun. The yard stick was clever. Nice glasses and belt. Thanks. Oh, got to the unusual salt shakers. The two of a king in cards and dice made me smile are you a gambler? I love games but Gene doesn't so only get to play with our kids who are now almost old folks. Slippers look comfy.

Robin, thanks. I really like the Canson Mix media sketchbooks, better than the watercolor ones. Oh, your sketch with the plants, candle and napkins is so cool. Love the bacon. Mmmm. The sketches make a nice still life.

Ai, eeek! More food and chocolate to make me want some. Nice form and coloring. Your students look serious and busy.

Alabama, clever on the shower head. Good find and catch on the lizards!

Vivien, hey. I like your selections, too. Well done.

Joan, Congrats on finishing the 100 people. The computer pair is excellent with the folks at the counter. The others all doing their thing. Fantastic. The Urban sketches are so nice and show us New York! Wow. Lobster for you, nice. Like the legs, too.

Joe, super perspective on the chair with arms. I agree on Ai's food sketches. The hand looks delicate and the long fingers for playing the piano.... The bears are precious. Surprise for you to sketch bears! Ha. You probably have more than me.

Joan - Great job on Grand Central. We get decent bisque down here but Luke’s sign says lobster rolls. Yum. Have not had a good lobster roll since we left Rhode Island in the 90s.

Robin - Glad I made you smile. Oh and I do have large hands. Wrist to tip of longest finger is a tad over 8 inches

Jo - While packing up moving here, I started counting but lost count around 350 but that included about 40 bear ceramic pieces. We have bears in every room including bathrooms.

Keep sketching
Joe aka Fletch

Note. We need a host for Scavenger Hunt from Life #65: Apr 16 - Apr 24

The schedule has been extended through July so now is a good chance to pick the week that works for you.

Jo, thanks. I love having a group to meet and sketch with. It makes the day so interesting.

Joe, thank you. I didn't try the lobster rolls there, just the bisque.

Sylwia, love the graphite sketch!!! You make it look so easy!

Robin, love the ink color. Great job on the paper weights. Is that one on the right an insect? Hope you finished by the time your coffee was ready.

Ai, good sketches of the bee carcass. I wouldn't think to use a magnifying glass to view it.

Joe, thanks for keeping up with the list of hosts!

Sylwia, I love the mystery in the "nose" sketch in pencil.

Robin, fun items in the reddish ink. Makes them lively. Like the paperweights.

Ai, you found an interesting bee. Ouch!

joe1lt, fantastic job on the bust of David.

Off to Hunt!

Back