Scavenger Hunt #5 Dec 12 - Dec 20

2 - mode of transportation - watercolors and ink
3 - garden related (trees)
IMG_9199.jpeg

Welcome back. Glad your show went well. You certainly have been busy since it finished.

Your dancing poses are great. It looks as if she was a good model with lots of interesting, different poses.

Love your Christmas tree farm. I can almost smell the trees. Nice work on the boat.

Thanks for your comments.

Love the tree farm! Glad the parent took the kid along for his first tree! That's a really nice piece.

Yeah... I was back home on Thursday night. It was a good mini solo trip via a short train ride from Bangkok. Thank you all for your kind support.

Joan: Thank you. I got home OK. Congratulations on the show and the sells. Wow... wonderful dancer sketches...love all your poses. So charming tree farm with people shopping, plus a beautiful and graceful sketch of a boat.

Anne: Wonderful graphite works. Fantastic piano keys and trowel. Nice scarf too. The hobby pieces are amazing... you did great straight lines.

Jo: Thanks. Wonderful yummy crisp sketch.

Robin: Thanks. I sketch in the cafe when there were hardly any people around and the owner has remembered me from my previous trips. Love your colorful yoga mat and all dancing lines.

Last edited:
We did a short stop at a good bread shop today ... I got two types of croissant.
8- crispy -- almond pieces on the croissant...done with Pentel Fude Touch calligraphy pen.
h5_crisp.jpg

9- sweet -- chocolate croissant... 2 views: ink and ink with wc wash ... the big dark blob was supposed to be chocolate sauce... lol

h5_sweet_a.jpg

h5_sweet_b.jpg

Last edited:
Watercolor pencil and graphite on 90 lb paper, about 4x6" I finally got one done! A winter hat. Got this a while back during a visit to my cancer doc. A group makes and donates these to cancer patients.

thumbnail_IMG_6478.jpg

Thanks for your comments Anne.

nti, thank you. You captured the fuzziness and texture of the cap nicely!

Ai, my mouth is watering with all your croissant sketches....they look so good.

Joan, I thought I commented on your tree farm and Lucy. They are so good. You captured the gestures so quickly.

Ai, you made me hungry!! Super sketches.

Rainy here today, should be sketching!

Ai, nice croissants.

ntl, nice hat. I hope it kept your head nice and warm. I have made these for a local cancer center in the past.

Jo, you did comment on Joan's sketches and mine as well only you posted them to the Scavenger Hunt #4 thread instead of the #5 thread. :)

ink and marker on 8x5" toned paper:

1. Music/musical - capo for ukulele
2. Dance related - finger cymbals sitting on top of the beaded bag (with cinching ribbon) for carrying them
3. Hat - toque (beanie for the US folks)
4. Gloves
5. Muffler/scarf - poncho I crocheted

hunt005.jpg

Cheers,

Joe - ooh lovely wedding ring! So fancy! Egg nog - oh goodness - so lovely!
Ai - mmm good digi memory. Mmmm fried rice. Mmmm fishing boats. Cool frypan with breakfast items. And I think I spy a dog head cookie jar in that photo. Seabirds hang around the fishing boats - smart birds. I love your colourful sketches and photos of your lovely part of the world. Oooh chocolate croissant! Chocolate inside? drizzled on top?
Anne - awww spikey ring? brooch? Gret hat and gloves - much better than mine. Mmm good healthy breakfast items. Stunning scissors and love the loom tools. Yahoo piano keys :)
joe1lt - lovely figurines with Kung Fu Panda :)
Jo - of course there is a star on the mug :) Good for you to sketch your food before eating it. I'm much too impatient and hungry to sketch first. I need to eat first, then mock things up so I'm not hungry while sketching. Mmm seasonal flower :) And again! Mmm snack food :)
RobinSusan - great colourful sketches! Please share more about that colourful instrument :) Mmm lovely coloured yoga mat bag
Joan - congrats on the successful art show. Yay dancer poses! I always enjoy your xmas tree lot sketches and boat yard sketches
ntl - yahoo lovely handmade hat

Sorry to have disappeared for a few days. I had my art show last weekend and am still trying to deal with bringing all the show stuff back home. You know how when you take something out of a space all of a sudden that space closes up? Well, that happened and I still have to get it all back in storage. The show did go well. I sold a few pieces. Yay!! Then I started my Christmas cards and still had some shopping to do. I just got bogged down. Anyway, I am back and hopefully ready.

Joe, thanks for the new list. Great job on your wedding ring...love the design. You have quite a collection of NA objects...just curious is it part of your heritage? I should have asked you that years ago. lol

Ai, I love all the sketches from your trip. Hope you had a great time.

Anne, nice sketches of the fruit and muesli...very illustrative. The shading of the folds on the hanging scarf is great. You nailed the sketch of the piano keys!!!

Jo, I really like the red and the white poinsettias...good job on both. I finally watered mine today...hope I didn't wait too long. I'd better sketch it quickly. lol I think I can smell those chips over here.

Robin, nice shading on your sketches. Like Joe, I will always remember your colorful ink sketches over at WC. Jun that you were able to sketch the seal of the state of NC. Nice pattern on that yoga mat bag...it really stands out!

My sketch group had a live model the other night. She is a dancer and did a lot of flamenco poses.
1 - dance related - pencil
View attachment 15376
What a fabulous page. Love it. Congrats on successful art show! Love the tree lot and Boat.

I do not have any Native American heritage but had a great mentor and friend in the Navy who was Chickasaw and his wife was Kiowa. I became fascinated with the many Native American cultures and beliefs. At first I just collected books on history of tribes and cultures but expanded to collecting arts, crafts, weapons, etc.

Joe

Last edited:
ink and marker on 8x5" toned paper:

1. Music/musical - capo for ukulele
2. Dance related - finger cymbals sitting on top of the beaded bag (with cinching ribbon) for carrying them
3. Hat - toque (beanie for the US folks)
4. Gloves
5. Muffler/scarf - poncho I crocheted

View attachment 15403

Cheers,
I always look forward to your sketches. You use color so well without fully coloring everything. And usually have interesting finds…like finger cymbals. Nice set of sketches EP.

Joe

We did a short stop at a good bread shop today ... I got two types of croissant.
8- crispy -- almond pieces on the croissant...done with Pentel Fude Touch calligraphy pen.
View attachment 15389
9- sweet -- chocolate croissant... 2 views: ink and ink with wc wash ... the big dark blob was supposed to be chocolate sauce... lol

View attachment 15390

View attachment 15391
Mmmmmm croissants. Sitting here licking my lips thinking about that chocolate blob! 👍🏽

Joe

EP, nice collection of sketches. Thanks for your comments on mine.

I'm from the Garden State so #5-13 is of a pepper that grows in a garden.

There are two versions. The first is just water-soluble graphite, the second adds some color. I'm not sure the color made it better, I think I like the first one better. Peppers are so much fun to do with all of their bumps and dips.

SH5-13 Pepper.png

SH5-13 Pepper2.png

Thank you all for your kind comments: Joan, Jo, Joe, Anne, EP, Joe1, Terri, Lazarus, and all Likers...

EP:
They dipped this croissant to choc. sauce plus there was some choc. fudge as the filling inside too. Love your sketch set... I love the color tone ...it feels cozy warm pastel.

Anne: Wonderful 2 styles of bell pepper. The color tone is happy vintage feel to me, love it.

Reactions: ams
Aarrgghhh! Isn't technology wonderful until there's a problem - no internet or phone for days and took ages to find out why . Anyways, back on now and fingers crossed it's fixed.

So many sketches, you have all been so busy.

Anne, the brooch is great and I love how soft and squishy the hat and gloves look, so comfortable. Love the soft colour on your breakfast items and the wee plant looks to be thriving. The scarf looks soft and cozy too and the scissors and crochet hooks are beautifully rendered. As for the piano keys and trowel I echo Joe's comment of WOW And then there are the peppers, I enjoy the shapes of those to sketch too, great fun.

Joe, Mmm, egg nog - a favourite at this time of year although I have it with lemonade (called a snowball). Love the way you've shown it sticking to the side of the glass.

Ai, Yummy! that makes me hungry for breakfast. Love the golden glow in the glass mug. The Gulls are great, you've really caught how they all swoop around and then we continue to enjoy your trip with more boats, wonderful. Making me hungry with the croissant again, lovely quick sketches.

Joe 1, Super sketches, full of movement,

Jo, breakfast is certainly a favoured choice to sketch this time - love the solidity and weight your mug has. The Poinsettia sketches are both great, I like the subtle changes of tone on the red one and the pop the white one has on that dark background. Good sketches of the bag of chips - or crisps as I know them - I like them both but think the one with a touch of colour just has the edge for me.

ntl, lovely cozy hat - your sketch really shows the texture and fuzziness.

eyepaint, lovely selection of items beautifully sketched, I like the colouring, it's bright without being garish.

Robin, you've been very productive too. For some reason I'm struggling to see the sketches on your first post but loving your floppy hat and colourful yoga bag.

Joan, congrats on the sales. Great set of dancer sketches, wonderful captures of pose and movement. I do like your scenes, they have a real 'slice of life' feeling about them and the boat is a great choice.

Back