Scavenger Hunt #3 - Nov 26 - Dec 4

Hello, everyone!
Joan, thanks for the list! I like the detail on your pencil sketches.
Triss, nice soft dog sketches.
Mary, good wet-looking coffee and shiny mug.

Oh no! :( Good for you to get the Covid pass onto your phone - but now you have to deal with this. Hope you get in there soon.
Terri - success! I got my son to come and unlock my phone for me! If at first you don't succeed...ask your son!

5B390560-1392-4729-BE1C-BA42875A2AA6.jpeg
Sketch #2 - Comes in a bag- my other hobby is playing Dungeons and Dragons and the dice we use to play usually come in a little felt bag. Sketches app iPhone.

Joan your can opener and binder clip are fantastic

Amo-your shading and highlights on your bowl and spoon are wonderful.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new list, Joan. Will try something maybe (fingers crossed) on Sunday.

Triss: Awesome starts of this Hunt. Beautiful pup sketches... precious !!!
Angela: Nice round bowl with great shadow.
Joan: Great combo of 3... love the curve on the folding knife.
Mary: Yummy creamy cuppa. Cool game set. I wish I could see how you do digi on yr phone ... as WIP.
All & lurkers: Welcome and pls. join with your sketches.

Ooookay, thanks for hosting Joan....sweet and simple pocket knife and yes binder clips are an indispensable tool I haven’t been thankful enough for. ;)
truss. for first outta the gate with copious and good dogs.
mary K thanks for the warm-up cup. Like the digits.. a pro4 donit stylus arrived here , I am looking forward to using it on the phone
HIGH TO NEW SUE - hope you get the habit....it’s healthy!

Hi folks, thanks for the welcome - but please don't tell me I can substitute, I'm too prone to being indecisive already :);)

Some great contributions here.
Triss, - love the dog sketches, I was given some XL blocks for my birthday but not tried them out yet, your third piece has inspired me
Angela - you bowl is certainly round, -not something I find easy as you will see
Mary, - I can smell that coffee - like the smell but not keen on the taste!
Joan - liking the rhythm between these two sketches

OK, here is my first lot - all quick, less than 5 minutes, pencil sketches in a small sketchbook

1 Round - a sheep (as opposed to piggy) bank which turned out a wee bit more egg shaped than round Sorry, managed to upload that twice somehow and can.t find a way to delete the second one

SH 1.jpg

2 Cuts - Scissors

SH 2.jpg

3 Soft - a wee stray puss who we have adopted - or who has adopted us really! This was a rare moment when he was totally relaxed as he is still very wary when he come in.

SH 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivien, sorry about your phone problems...hope you figure it out.

EJH, it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. lol My hubby hides this one so the other one is just easier to grab when I need it.

Terri, thanks. It helps to have several wine opening options. :)

Angela, nice shading on the bowl and the spoon. Looks like the bowl needs a refill.

Joan, thank you so much for the new list and the challenges.
Triss, beautiful works on dogs .
MaryKnos, good works.
Joan, nice drawings.
Angela, beautiful draw.
Sue, nice drawings

triss, lovely dogs. I especially like the last one.

Mary, your creamy coffee looks yummy.

Joan, nice corkscrew and binder clip. Boy, do we find binder clips useful. Great choice!

Vivien, hope you managed to unlock your phone. Technology is fantastic......when it works!

amo, lovely bowl.

Mary, nice dice from Dungeons and Dragons.

Sue, welcome. Good start on the hunt with you round piggy, scissors and cat.

Mary, mmm, your coffee looks good. I put cream when I'm tired of coffee or for dessert with real cream. I like your dice and bag. Looks like an interesting game. Probably David and Cole play/played.

Joan, I understand about the corkscrew. We buy Franzia in the boxes. The cabernet is from Chile and so good. In a box it doesn't get air in it so it stays good until we finish the box, don't have to drink the whole bottle. We probably drink a whole bottle at a time anyway. Ha. Love your hand and clip, very useful.

amo, I love your sketch of the bowl and spoon. Great.

Sue, fun items. I like the sheep. Cool scissors and sweet kitty.

I sketched in the big book this morning in the living room with the Lamy pen.

Number 1, box of cereal - Number 2, bottle of dressing - Number 3, cuts - kitchen scissors

shfl3cs-box-bottle-cuts.jpg

Sue- I LOVE that they make sheep banks, great job capturing the fun shape! Great shading on the scissors and your kitty. Cats are flighty models so great job capturing a more relaxed moment

Aunt Jo- nice mix of items! I love the touch of red on the scissors. Great sketch

Mary, love your D&D dice!

Sue, I edited out one of those sheep banks for you- so cute!! Nice job on the scissors, too. I love your little stray - but they really do adopt us, don't they? 😉

Jo, great pen work!! That little touch of red is inspired. :)

Jo, nice cereal, dressing and scissors.

Mary, cute fruit "snowman." Nice shading and highlights.

Joe 1, thank you.

Anne, thanks. It is amazing how often I look for a binder clip for something. I now keep one nearby with my hunt supplies.

Vivien, glad your son was able to unlock the phone. I was out sketching with a friend today and when we went back to her house she helped me solve a few iPhone related problems.

Mary, those dice are so wonderfully cool! Love the shapes and the colors.

Sue, what a fun sheep bank. I have a (very old) lion bank that dates back to high school. It was a gift from my BFF at the time. I like your long handles scissors and the relaxed kitty. A fruit snowman is a good idea...if the fruit cooperates. lol

Jo, wowza on all that lettering!!! Good sketches. You are right about the wine in a box. We used to pick that up for my mom to have at home. She drank so rarely and it would keep until we visited.

Jo, it's a beautiful drawing, composition, very nice the figure on the bottle.

MaryKnos, funny idea, and very beautiful drawing.

1) Something round
I redesigned minions, because, it is a rount plush, litle plush of this shape

I made two, the second is a faster drawing, the first longer.
2021-11-27 16-26_pagina_3.jpg
2.jpg

The old train station, HuaLumPong, in the center of Bangkok will be closing by end of this Dec. So me and 4 other sketchers headed out on a short memoir train trip from HuaLumPong to Ayudthaya ancient city (80 miles north of Bangkok). It was a pleasant day to sketch, clear sky but not too hot. I did a pano sketch on 1/3 sheet of Fabriano watercolor paper. It took me about 1 hour to do this. Later in evening, when we returned to the station in center of Bangkok, we did one more night sketch... the station was decorated with changing color LED light. We had tough time sketching in the dark, not so sure of our color mixing but we all have a great memoir sketching of the closing HuaLumPong to remember by.

#1 landscape -- Ayudthaya ancient city, Thailand
#2 round -- HuaLumPong Train station in the center of Bangkok.

h3_landscape_a.jpg

h3_landscape_b.jpg

h3_HuaLumPong_a.jpg

h3_HuaLumPong_b.jpg

Back