November 2021 Monthly Challenge

Nice work Perry. Gouache and acrylic together is a combo I've not seen before. Do you work them together, or in separate layers?

Thanks Hawkmoth.
I ran out of white and yellow in gouache so I used acrylic to replace them.

I decided to use this challenge to try new things, techniques,...

Here is my first experiment, watercolor on a modeling paste on a cardboard.

DSC01290_2_pge.jpg

It was a bit difficult to control the paint, I think next time I need a better support for the modeling paste. :)

Hello, these are some great pieces:

Perry: your sunflowers are great: I like your colors - especially the purple in the shadows on the stem and the veins on the leaves.

Esther: two excellent watercolors that are so different. the sunflowers light and loose - I like how the greens flows a little bit into the sky and your purple shadows. The portrait of Loy is stunning: the black paper is excellent for this subject and the white gouache makes the highlights pop. So well done, his pose and his expression.

Christel: great likeness for Loy and excellent hands (those are so difficult! I like the reflection of the white bowl on the table top...

Cheers
Tanja

Thank you Tanja for taking time and commenting. Your water soluble wax crayons also look interesting.
Never heard of something like that before.
The white gouache on black paper experiment was interesting to do, I will definitely do some more like that.

I like both of these. It seems many of us have been inspired by this photo.

Esther, this is great., so atmospheric, and so different from the sunflowers one! You are so versatile with your experiments.

And lovely work Christel, this is so sensitively done. It's very calming to look at, even on a screen.

I’m in awe, Esther, of how well he looks here with this one. I might try this approach.

Christel, you nailed it. His prayerful pose is somber and reflective.

Almost done with the Asian persimmons still life.

Lovely painting Perry!
Esther, 2 wonderful paintings!
Christel, well done on the portrait!

Back