October 2022 Watermedia Challenge

KreativeK

For our October challenge, I've selected several of my images for you. Please add your artwork to this thread any time during the month or afterwards if not finished. . If you have questions, comments, or need help don't be shy as everyone is here to learn. As stated at forum beginning "Any watermedia, like watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink washes, sumi-e, and water tempera is acceptable.
leaf on stump.jpg

Oak leaf on stump in my backyard

Italy pic.jpg

Italy

Italy pic2.jpg

Italy harbor

Vermont pic.jpg

Vermont foliage

Beaver pic.jpg

Beaver

Pumpkin pile pic.jpg

Texas grown pumpkins

Pearl pic.jpg

My kitten Mini Pearl

Pam pic.jpg

Friend Pam

Ships pic.jpg

Ships

Cafe still life pic.jpg

Cafe condiments

Bulldog nap pic.jpg

A bulldog napping

Okra pic.jpg

Fresh okra

Burro and goat pic.jpg

Burro and goat

Wildflowers Lincoln Hills.jpg

Wildflowers (resemble coreopsis)

Buck pic.jpg

Curious friendly buck

Gift Shop pic.jpg

Gift shop glassware down the street from my studio

Wild Horse pic.jpg

Wild bay mare, part of the Alto Lakes horse herds who roam freely in New Mexico

That is ALL! Happy October! Have a super Halloween. I hope you will find at least one of these to tempt your brushes with watermedia.

Christel, look at you go! The flowers are lovely and fresh. The beaver is sooooo good. You are accomplished in so many media. I'm smiling.

Jo: Your pumpkins came out beautiful! I love the shine and texture you captured - the colors look so fresh! Awesome painting! ❤️

Beautiful Jo!
watercolor can be done fast. Just have to practice and learn how much water ratio to paint, whether to paint on dry or wet paper, etc. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, KreativeK. I'm trying to follow your beautiful examples. Problem is I need to practice and I haven't been doing much of any kind of painting. You inspire and the other artists here do as well. I appreciate that.

Back