DECEMBER 2022 WATERMEDIA CHALLENGE

Queen Bee

For our December challenge, I am posting images that are my own.
Bird on Beach.jpg
Blue Butterfly.JPG
Car Front.JPG
Classic Car.JPG
Lighthouse.JPG
Old Barn and Victorian House 002.jpg
Owen and GrammyDaddy.JPG
Palms.JPG
Peacock Feathers.JPG
Peacock.jpg
Still Life Squash Set Up 005.jpg
Yellow Flowers.jpg
Please add your artwork to this thread any time during the month or afterwards if not finished. . If you have questions, comments, or need help don't be shy as everyone is here to learn. As stated at forum beginning "Any watermedia, like watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink washes, sumi-e, and water tempera is acceptable.

The photo of the toddler and man is Owen my grandson and my husband his GrammyDaddy. His older brother decided since I was Grammy then he was GrammyDaddy. :ROFLMAO:

Great selection! You are a talented photographer.
Thank you. I actually got into photography so I could have references photos for my art. Soon it took over into a business for a while.

Thanks for the photos. Fun!
You're welcome.
For our December challenge, I am posting images that are my own.View attachment 26536View attachment 26537View attachment 26538View attachment 26539View attachment 26540View attachment 26541View attachment 26542View attachment 26543View attachment 26544View attachment 26545View attachment 26546View attachment 26547 Please add your artwork to this thread any time during the month or afterwards if not finished. . If you have questions, comments, or need help don't be shy as everyone is here to learn. As stated at forum beginning "Any watermedia, like watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink washes, sumi-e, and water tempera is acceptable.
Forgot to add this ocelot.
Ocelot.JPG

Jo: I love the lighthouse. You captured some really great light in that painting! ❤️

Queen Bee and CaliAnn, thank you so much. Watercolor is sort of like my homework so your nice comments are much appreciated.

Jo, great that you can get such fresh work from that mediocre quality paper.

Last edited:
Jo - Great lighthouse!
Queen Bee - Lovely photos!! I must try and get time to paint something this month- feeling withdrawings symptons from not having had time to make art the past couple of months!

Hey Vivien, I sure hope we get to see something from you this month. I feel your pain my art has slowed to a crawl. I will have to wait at least another week before I can get any done.

Back