November 2022 Watermedia Challenge

CaliAnn

For our November challenge, I've selected several of my images for you. Please add your artwork to this thread any time during July. If you have questions, comments, or need help don't be shy as everyone is here to learn. As stated at forum beginning "Any watermedia, like watercolor, diluted acrylic, gouache, ink washes, sumi-e, and water tempera is acceptable.

Woodpecker.jpg

winter.jpg

tiger.jpg

Teacup.jpg

Summer.jpg

Poppies.jpg
Simba.jpg

pears.jpg

Ollie.jpg

LongHairedCat.jpg

KidAndPuddle.jpg

Clown.jpg

bottles.jpg

apples.jpg

A little background on the 2 dogs:

Ollie: Ollie is the little dog with the folded ears. He was initially a foster, who suffered horrible abuse. When his foster mom took him in, she worked so hard and patiently with him. He was terrified of everything - cowering and shaking at every little sound and movement. Through her patience, he's become one of the sweetest, friendliest dog I've ever met. She ended up keeping him. On his daily walks, he stops by all the neighbors houses to say hello, wagging his tail and butt, the minute he knows he's going to get a pet. Once he gets his pet, he likes to move on to the next neighbors house for more of the same! ❤️

Simba: He is the dog in the stroller. He is an elderly dog that has arthritis, and has trouble walking - hence the stroller. His owner ( a neighbor), takes him out 3x a day, every day in his stroller, just like she did when he was able to walk. I think that is so sweet of her - he's a very lucky and happy little dog :)

Haven’t been around for awhile, thought I’d pop in to see some familiar names.
I did this for a daily sketch exercise yesterday. Pen outline with watercolour markers and wash. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 25776
Sanlynn, wow, this is gorgeous. Makes me want to find my watercolor markers! Love the richness and technique.

Sorry for the blue cast to the image of Ollie! A poor iPhone photo. After I return home Sunday will do a proper scan.

Thanks, CaliAnn, Jo and Kay.
Kay, you’ve managed to capture a sweet personality in this depiction of Ollie. Perfect!

Back