DECEMBER 2022 WATERMEDIA CHALLENGE

Sylwia, this is very good and fresh!
Anne, very well rendered and clean looking. Glad you did the whole thing. Since Kay did such a great job with the head, I thought maybe someone would do just the bum end! ;)

Christel, lovely sunset and palms. gorgeous colors.

Anne your pigeon is so cute and just the right touches of color.

Sylwia, your lighthouse is wonderful. I like the warm color touches. (I may try to add some to mine, so nice.)

Hope all your weekends went goes/went well.

In keeping with the spirit of the season (if you look closely, you should be able to see cat hair mixed with the paint! :LOL: ):

HatBird.png

Anne- Your flowers are lovey, and the car is phenomenal. Great seagull painting.
Christel- You captured the sunset beautifully.
Sylwia- Lovely lighthouse painting.
CaliAnn- What a festive seagull. Love the way you painted the hat and scarf.

Here is my ink and watercolor, in a Canson Xl watercolor paper sketchbook, 140CP, about 6 x 10. Hubby Jerry, (who is quite good at research) discovered that this is a 1947-48 Chevy Fleetline. More practice is needed making the finish appear reflective.

1B08145F-3181-4F78-9253-733C1299F82F_1_201_a.jpeg

Yes the rendering of the car colors is superb ... not easy to achieve ! and I like the colored shadow too

CaliAnn and Erik, thank you! The shadow was the fastest part. So often, I find what I did quickly looks better than areas that are over worked.

It is a fine automobile, Joy. Just leave areas the white of the paper for reflective areas/highlights is what I do. Sometimes on chrome I will use a very dilute Prussian blue so it looks like silver or shiny metal. Ink effects are spot on with this one.

Joy, I love the car. I was hoping someone would do it. The picture was taken at a BBQ Festival where they had included a car show.

Joy, the car came out great! What I do for shine is to leave a larger area than the shine unpainted and then immediately take a clean, damp brush (or a water brush) and soften the edges. The paint will move into the white area a little which is why I start with a larger area than I want. If it is a sharp reflection like on glass, I skip the softening step.

Deborah, Jo - Thanks for the positive FB. Special thanks to Deborah for hosting!
Kay - Thanks for the tip about Prussian Blue. I have tried very watery mixes of Cobalt, but Prussian is warmer.
Anne - I did leave white initially, but not as much as necessary. It seems like it is always too much or too little, so thanks for the advice.

Reactions: ams
Back