November 2021 Monthly Challenge

Persimmons Shadows.jpg

9x12 wc on Grumbacher 140 lb cold press finished today using Daniel Smith paints

Very nice work on the persimmons pic, Kay! I've been trying to find an approach to that photo; maybe before November ends...

Oh gosh Kay, they are both fantastic, but I like the new watercolour best. You've captured the sunlight beautifully and the colours are sensational.

Kay, these are both excellent, but I like the WC best, for its freshness and bright hues.

Lazarus, nice sketch, your tabletop woodgrain is fab. Interesting choice of crop.

I'm having a go at the persimmons now, but it's looking really weird at the moment. The fruits look like they're from another picture and just stuck onto the patterned background! I'm hoping I can bring it all together.

Wow, some great versions on here. Thanks for posting these images KreativeK.
Tanjaf - Very nice work with pastels. Like how the light hits his sweater.
Hawkmoth - Great job on the hands and the hair. Beautiful work.
Perry - Lovely job on the sunflower field.
Color Enthusiast - Both works are very nice.
Christel - Wow, beautiful job!
KreativeK - Wow, I like both versions but your w/c is my fav.
Lazarus - Great sketch.

Okay, I finished my attempt. It's 9"×6 1/2" on w/c paper. I cropped the image a bit. I was afraid of the detail.
2021-11 CS Wcolor.jpg

Wow Cindy! I'm loving the crop to focus only on one persimmon. Your detail work shows each pearl and each ribbon in such a shiny, pleasing way.

Nice work everyone. Cindy, I really like your crop of the persimmon. Beautiful job painting it too.

This is really excellent Cindy. Your crop is really clever, it works brilliantly as a composition. (I really wish I'd thought of doing the same. I stuck with all 3 fruits and completely messed up the back 2!) Well done, it's a lovely painting.

Back