The Broken Branch

Trier

Supporting Member
A few miles away and a while ago.
16x20ins acrylic/cardboard
P1010264Broken Branch.JPG

The light through the broken branch is what attracted me, doesn't show here quite as much as IRL.

Beautiful colors! Love how the shadow seems to flow out of the tree. Looks like you scratched into the trunk for some texture and contrast? very nice!

Wow! I'm in love with this tree! Your dense blues are a thing of beauty. What a wonderful palette you have in this landscape! ❤

your use of blues is beautiful
Thanks Wayne, much appreciated. Blue is not my 'favorite' color, but I enjoy it.
Beautiful colors! Love how the shadow seems to flow out of the tree. Looks like you scratched into the trunk for some texture and contrast? very nice!
Thanks Lamar; no, those "scratches"are the the light bouncing off the ridges of the acrylic of the very impasto trunk, but they do look like scratches in this photo.

I admire your painting style so much, Trier. Your colors are so expressive and in this one the interaction between the deep blues and greens of the tree with the sunlit yellow-greens of the field just sings!

Beautiful palette and wonderful style! Love the light in the landscape, and how even your shadows are full of energy.

Beautiful and very expressive painting. I like all the blue colours variation this, they build a special atmosphere

Wow! An excellent one! One of your best IMO. I love the way you handles the paint, the colors, and the composition. Very, very good. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ :)

Like the strong contrasts Trier, and the interest/colours youve included in the dark - loads of feeling.

Back