Maybe....

JStarr

The simplest landscape pic I've taken- it's from Sonoita Vineyards, a neato place about 30 miles as the crow flies, and an hour-fifteen by actual road. In Arizona, you can't get there from here is an actual direction. You always gotta go way over there, then up over here, then turn onto this other road that'll take you to the road you want. Good wine, too. Makes me wish I drank- but wine hangovers *suck* and half a glass of any of it will give me a hangover.

Attachments

• sonoitavineyardsfincrop.jpg
    sonoitavineyardsfincrop.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 51
Simple works for me - nicely done! What size? Pastel? I like the interest the diagonal clouds provide in that gorgeous deep blue sky.

I like the simplicity of this because it's got a grounding, meditative feeling. It gives a calm beauty. The color combination is one of my favorites. ♥️

Thank you all. Yes, pastel, 15" x 10 or so scrap of UArt 600 grit.

I liked the way the mare's tail clouds went opposite the relentless wind- the trees bowing left- on the high desert flat lands. And yes, the sky is THAT blue- especially in late summer/early fall. Get lost looking up into it.

Wish the shadow showed up as a shadow....might have to go in darker <shudder>

.If you click the link, the first photo in the Vineyard's slide show will show you the trees- my ref is a few years old- and the Vineyard waters their trees, so they are now MUCH bigger.

Love those wispy clouds - beautiful painting, but my gosh, I almost got car sick reading your description on how to get there! :)

Good wine, too. Makes me wish I drank
Hi JStarr. I will try to use your quota of wine. BUT - I just love that sky. I know what you mean and yup, looks right, the clouds too. Not going to comment anything else, stuck on the sky.

Hi JStarr. I will try to use your quota of wine. BUT - I just love that sky. I know what you mean and yup, looks right, the clouds too. Not going to comment anything else, stuck on the sky.
You do that. According to family and friends who collect and drink wine, it's not too bad.

I dunno- I think it all mostly tastes like Communion wine.

Thank you, Kay- but why is it, when done with a piece, you see so many ways you would do it differently should you do it again? Odd, really.

Beautiful, peaceful scene Jae. The trees are nicely done and have a good volume. Like the delicate touches in trees and wispy clouds.(y)

Back