September 2022 Watermedia Challenge

Beautiful Black Cat.jpg

9x9 watercolor on Grumbacher 140 lb cold press paper done today. Mixed black: Permanent brown (DS), Indanthrene blue, thalo green.

Kay: Henry, the cat, came out superb! You somehow managed to capture his personality in this painting - I LOVE IT! ❤️

I didn't know it was named Henry. A beautiful baby indeed!
Henry was my last foster who just got adopted out. I foster FIV+ (feline immunodeficiency virus positive) cats, since my resident cat is also FIV+. I wanted to keep him, but he didn't get along with my cat. They are hard cats to get adopted. The couple who adopted him recently lost their own fiv+ cat a few months back - he lived to 18. My vet hooked us up. Although I was sad I couldn't keep him, the couple are wonderful people who understand and can care for such a cat. Henry is simply a fabulous cat, sweet as can be, with just the right amount of catitude! ❤️

Awww, bless you for being a foster mom! My first studio kitty was Jezebel, Siamese, who was also FIV+. She lived to a ripe old age of 19, had a stroke, became blind but still going strong. I found an oral cavity tumor and took her to be checked and she had to be euthanized; probably was in pain from that for awhile.

Jo: He came out awesome! He really looks like he's swimming in water - the motion is so beautifully rendered and colors are so alive! I say, frame and hang! ❤️

Back