Sept. Abstract Challenge (1)

Thank you Donna .. now. I'll tell you a story ..
You need to see the red and white as one piece .. when you see that you also see the steel rails that lead you inward where you see houses and some strange beast with arms high and extended. The being, looking up as if trying to appease what might be in the light above can't hold you and the circle moves you and you see the white and red as feathers and war bonnets of red against the madness of the dream. So much to see in the madness.

I actually thought the red and white looked like feathers in a war bonnet! I did an abstract a year or so ago and you said the red areas looked like blood so I’m very conscious of that effect now. Red is a powerful color!

I still haven't had but an hour or so to spend on this thing, and now I'm leaving town. Wayne, sorry to see you go, but I understand if it's not for you or you're not feeling it.

abstract-4.jpg

Hey look, some pink has appeared! I really like the patchwork look of the fabric pieces - why should it be limited to quilts?

Arty, little steps will still get you to your destination. I can hear your frustration, but it’s really nice to see how keen you are to do this project! 🙂
But participating in a show is a big deal and other responsibilities too.
I have to say I’m enjoying seeing your project step by step. It’s interesting to see how it’s slowly building and unfolding. What will the next piece be like?
Do you remember in school when the teacher put something on the TV for us kids to watch, and it would be an artist drawing? Maybe for story-time or history? He would slowly be illustrating and we would be curiously watching to see what he drew? Like that. I used to love that.👍🏻
I like the little blue pattern in the piece. It draws my eyes.
This gives me a desire to try collage!

An update on my own painting: I have completed the first layer, which is the under painting that will show through and affect the colours of the transparent glazing layers. The drying time of each layer is the rate determining factor. Added to this is my habit of adding some scumbliing as well when I feel it is needed. This is a slow process, so I've decided to wait until completion to show all the steps in one post.

Back