Scavenger Hunt from Life #53-Jan10 - 18

Robin Gillis

Hello art buddies ! Here’s the next list. Please see previous Hunt for details. Mostly it is that we draw these things from life in any medium. Must be done within the Hunt time frame. We love every little effort. Encouragement Comments are not required But appreciated. So hope you can manage to eek out a few minutes to sketch something and share.

Small object
medium size object
large object
logo, label, or advertisement
curly
electric part or thing
pin, screw, or tack
lamp or light fixture
oddly shaped
has a hole
a stack
chain
under the sink
anything viewed from directly above
free space
makes a sound
something in public
road scene
tree
stuffed toy
organic object
non organic object
hard
soft
a mouth
household or garage machine/appliance

woopie....here we go again!

Robin, thanks for the new list!! Hope to post something I did soon, but I'm too lazy to get up and take a photo of it.

#1 something in public ... a (fake) flower arrangement decoration on a classic car at our local shopping mall (we went to the banks inside the mall), done by directwatercolor in 9x11 inch size of a portion of a giant Moleskine watercolor sketchbook page. It took me about 30 minutes. ... Pardon 1) my wonky wheel ... and 2) I missplace the sketch on my page... should have put it more toward the left of the big page.... I also did not have big wc brush ... just a small brush in my sketchbag... Glad I got this done though and eventhough they are faked flowers, somehow, they strike my art vibe a great deal... ;-)

Jan11_2023_CarFlower3.jpg

Jan11_2023_CarFlower1.jpg

Here is behind the scene... Thanks Tone for my pictures.

Jan11_2023_CarFlower4.jpg

Last edited:
Ai- you get First Outta The Gate.......with an inspiring piece that oozes art vibes, you Go Girl

1 small Japanese? Collectible
2. Medium recliner chair
3 free space cat

posted three photos - the page looks so jumbled hard to see distinctly

hope we all get something in our art bag today. :>}
F97E29DC-ABAF-4B19-9B4D-052E66B1496F.jpeg
7F993E91-96B8-443A-BECE-3F84504662FB.jpeg
EBCFE76E-EE70-4B4F-9C28-1E6F11FC106F.jpeg

Robin: Thanks for the list and your kind comments....Love the red sofa and the cutie comfy cat sketch.

I will return with comments.

But first -
I've got some sketches! Ink and highlighter and graphite.

1. Small object
2. medium size object
3. large object
4. logo, label, or advertisement
5. electric part or thing
6. pin, screw, or tack
7. lamp or light fixture
8. oddly shaped

hunt53-01.jpg

Cheers,

Ai, super sketch of the car in the shopping mall surrounded by flowers. Fun to see the photo of you sketching.

Robin, the recliner looks so comfy. I'm surprised the cat isn't stretched out in it. lol

EP, good to see you join in. I like the way you boxed the items. Good choices for all of these.

My sketch group met tonight and our topic was tiny things. I brought along a selection of tiny shells.
1 - small object - watercolors

IMG_1657.jpeg

2 - large object - watercolors and ink
3 - advertisement

IMG_1655.jpeg

Thanks all for kind support of my sketch.

EP: Cool fun super cute set. Love your rectangle frame patterns... Love the cutie 3 size objects.

Joan: Wowza... do gorgeous and beautiful details well captured for all the shops, road, signs, people in front of a big ship, and all the adv. signs..., as well as the beatiful tiny shell things.

Great list, enough too choose from.
I intend to draw/paint more from life this year, hope to show you some here.
Lovely work everybody.

Ai - love the painting and the whole idea of using an old car as a flower pot/vase!

Robin - Great hatching on all three. Love that collectible looks hard and ad chair look soft. Need to share that on first glance I thought the pattern on the cushion was a seat belt and thought “what the…?” Then my brain focused and saw the cushion and design. LOL

EP - Nice group of sketche. I especially like the red switch. Wanted to press it to see what turned on.😎

Joan - Didn’t you just tell us that you never have good things to bring to sketcher meetings? Well scratch that off. The shells are a great find and always fun to draw. The guys bundled up sanding the boat really made me smile. As Ai said great detail in all!

Played on my iPad.
#1 large about 2 feet sitting up.
#2 small about 3 inches
The largest and smallest bears I could find quickly. Mostly playing to remember various Procreate tools ad tricks.

EC8429AE-F544-4469-BE05-37856957A22A.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Thank you for the new list, Robin.

Ai – nice and colourful sketch.

Robin, lovely sketches of collectible and the sleeping cat. The chair looks very cosy.

Nice sketch eyepaint. I like how you presented all the items.

Joan – lovely shell collection. I like the soft colours of them. The little scenes from daily life are superb as well.

Beautiful digital sketch, Joe. I love the expression of those tiny, adorable bears. The bigger is charming too, with the light reflection in hos eyes and on the nose.

#1 hard – porcelain tee cup and dessert plate. — quick sketch with brown calligraphy pen.
5-jpg.27607

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 155
Hi everyone .. still limping on the phone. Hopefully we get Starlink back today!!

Ai, I love your car flower pot!! And seeing you. Super.

Robin, love your arrangement of collectible and the chair. Makes me smile and also the free cat!!

EP, love your "square" (nerdy) collection. Another smile. You find such interesting items.

Joan, the shells are gorgeous. Nice find. The large boat and buildings are so well done and your sign. Cool!! Details in the road scene are great. Of course love the red stop sign (octagonol for the last Hunt)..

E.J.H. Welcome looking forward to some sketches.

Joe, love the teddy bears. Look so soft. Sharon and I have a house full, eh? Nice digi, I haven't done one in ages.

Sylwia, ahhh, nice tea cup and plate. Love my cups!!

I started this for last Hunt but touched it up yesterday and this morning.
Number 1, organic and #2 non organic - Margarita Time, pastel on Pastelbord, 12 x 12 inches. On a wiped off board. Oops, I forgot the salt. Best Margaritas are 1 measure of fresh squeezed limes and lemons, 1 measure of tequila, 1 measure of simple syrup, 3 measures crushed ice. Blend and pour in salt rimmed glass over ice cubes, rocks. You can add more ice and make frozen, but I like on the rocks.

csshfl53organic-non.jpg

Jo – Very nice still life and Margarita recipe :) I like the colours combination and textures. Cheers! ;)

Jo: Thanks ... and Wow...what a treat of your margarita... love the recipe too.
Sylwia: Wonderful brown ink drawing

My life is great :giggle: ... sipping Jo's margarita and Sylwia's tea... cuddling with Joe's teddy... looking at beautiful marine scenes that Joan have captured !!!

Below were my #2,#3 and #,4 -- large -med-small ... all old wardrobes of my girls, celebrating Thai Children Day on Jan 14. ... Done with markers inside my giant Moleskine (14 x 20 inch)... took me about 20 min. of super joy mama art time.

h53_LargeMedSmall.jpg

Back