Scavenger Hunt from Life #13: Feb 14 - Feb 22

Jo, thanks so much. No snow this time. Love the Scarlett mug and container tops. The red pastel pops even on the brown background. Nice view of the living room.

Triss, thanks. Nice lines and movement through the roses and the leaves. Well done!

Anne, I had to force myself to go sketch the dunes at the beach. lol The lines on your puzzle metal are so well done. I always have a hard time making things like that a consistent distance apart. Nice scarlett change purse. I only use change purses when I travel internationally. Home I pay for most things with a credit card so I don't end up with a lot of coins. In Europe I end up with more coins because they use them for dollar amounts too.

9 - socks - watercolors and ink
IMG_9601.jpeg

Thank you all for your kind comments. I run out of steam ... hope to do better in the next Hunt.

Fantastic sketches everyone: EP, Joan, Jo, Anne, Triss, Robin. ... beautiful scarlett pieces. Wonderful beach scene, Lovely Birdie, what a Valentine flowers, and lovely graphite pieces.

Last edited:
Jo - Glad you got the pastels out for your beautiful reds! Lovely colours and a great touch for the shine. Fun sketch of your room - love all the details and your lively shading.

ams - Fab drawing of your puzzle shapes, and wonderful red and gold shading on the purse.

Joan - Snazzy socks! Great painting of the pattern design - love the way it bleeds into the shadow.

#6b - Valentine. Wilting roses. Acrylic & oil sticks, A2.

valentine2.jpg

ams - thank you. Good scoop. Your bowl reminds me of "please sir, can i have some more" from Oliver Twist -
. Oh yay the twisty puzzle - so cool!
Jo - thank you. Is Austin as "wierd" as the slogan says? :) Yay plastic lids - I think I know what they belong to.
Triss - thank you. There is so much life and sense of joy in your pigeon piece! What are they so interested in? Your supermarket gives away socks and roses, hey?
Robin - thank you. Funny combo of ugly blinds and pretty hanging bobbles
Joan - thank you. Yay beach grasses. Yay socks with cool patterns.
Ai - thank you

Anne, I had to force myself to go sketch the dunes at the beach. lol The lines on your puzzle metal are so well done. I always have a hard time making things like that a consistent distance apart. Nice scarlett change purse. I only use change purses when I travel internationally. Home I pay for most things with a credit card so I don't end up with a lot of coins. In Europe I end up with more coins because they use them for dollar amounts too.
Thanks Joan. Actually, I haven't used the change purse in years either. It's been in my dresser but every once in a while it is useful, so I didn't throw it away. Nice socks.

Triss, nice bouquet of flowers.

EP, thanks. I was thinking of something like this with the empty bowl but this video clip even pulled together the twist and the hunger! Very clever.

ams - thank you. Good scoop. Your bowl reminds me of "please sir, can i have some more" from Oliver Twist -
. Oh yay the twisty puzzle - so cool!
Jo - thank you. Is Austin as "wierd" as the slogan says? :) Yay plastic lids - I think I know what they belong to.
Triss - thank you. There is so much life and sense of joy in your pigeon piece! What are they so interested in? Your supermarket gives away socks and roses, hey?
Robin - thank you. Funny combo of ugly blinds and pretty hanging bobbles
Joan - thank you. Yay beach grasses. Yay socks with cool patterns.
Ai - thank you
EP - I thought of this too when I saw the empty bowl!

Joan - Classy socks!

Triss - Lovely Valentine roses

Anne - Nice twisted and shadow, and lovely change purse! I'm another person who never has any change, as I pay everything by Eftpos. It's difficult when I do need change for something - I never have any!

Thanks, Ai, Triss, Anne, EP, and Vivien for your comments.

Triss, you've gotten a lot of paintings out of those roses....nice!

Vivien - Always happy to see more dogs appear in the hunts! Hope Pippa joins in more often - beautiful sketch, wonderful pose & colours.

Jo, nice homie feel to the pencil sketch
ams - great job on the metal link puzzle
Triss your flowers are wilting, looks like you are beginning a time lapse series, interesting the way the background insets the subject
vivian- your dog sat for that or you got good memory, nice sketch looks like the ole I’m-ready-to -play-ball posture.

Viv, nice portrait of Pippa and the ball. How nice to have a ready model.

Anne your puzzle and shadow is so good, I love those. The change purse looks soft and has the metal clasp. Excellent.

Joan, such soft and comfy socks. Love the soft texture.

Triss the wilting roses are full of life, ha.

Vivien, awwww, love pippa and the ball. Such tenderness in the sketch.

And will see all y'all on the next Hunt. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: ams
Back