Scavenger Hunt from Life #13: Feb 14 - Feb 22

Joam, Ai, wonderful job,
yesterday I ate a very good chocolate but I didn't draw it

I'll post sketches then return with comments. 8x5, ink and marker on toned paper.
1. Twisted - wound cables
2. Sphere - marble
3. Scoop - measuring cup?
4. Hatchet > Blade > Knife

hunt13-01.jpg

photo of the setup:
hunt13-01b.jpg

Cheers,

Triss - yahoo socks! Are supermarket socks the socks you wear when you go to the supermarket? Yay Jaws! Oh yay a hot chocolate gift! That might be the rage ... I received one like that at Xmas :) How unusual for a vulture as a toy ... wonderful job on the beak and neck
Ai - love all the luscious colours! Oh how wonderful that Tone waited for you to paint that lovely flower. Yum cookie :)
Jo - yay red added to the b&wsketch of the fluffy :) Aha flush x2 :) Yay tree and fence and weed
Joan - great flush! And shells scene :) Yay scoop and large chopping knife (what is that called ... cleaver?) What a plump seagull. What a fantastic job on that red house
ams - yahoo connection and socks :)
joe1lt - great job on the yummies :)
JennieJo - wonderful fence

EP, nice choices. I especially like what you came up with for twisted.

Hi EP, I’m smiling. I like your sphere and all. My scoops are similar but black.

First trip to Austin for baseball this year today. I’d better get busy.

Jo - Love your page of nature sketches - wonderful lines! Hope the fire danger has passed for you now.

JennieJo - So much interesting texture in your fence sketch, and I like the play of shapes and angles.

Joan - Great sketches and fab media showcase - beautiful work in pencil, ink, & watercolour! I think the ink gate is my favourite - lovely marks and such strong lines.

Ai - Amazing texture in your charcoal cookie sketch!

EP - Fun setup, and love your always-interesting sketching combinations! The black hatching and flowing blue lines look great together.

#5 - Birdie. Town pigeons. Quick scribble, oil pastels, A3.

birdie.jpg

Lots of good sketching happening!

Triss like all the colored backgrounds, the liquid cloth and paper boat is lovely

Ai - Wow, a wild flower extravaganza! Spot on 15 min sunflower

Jo- cute stuffed valentine ....like the color contrast

Joan...love the fence ink sketch

ams....swell connection

joe1lt- The last of three chocolates looks like good desert after the apple and egg.

EP - lovely group composition. Like the China blue color running thru

triss, love your loose sketch of the town.

Nice work on these RobinSusan. Great idea of the uglies and how true for the twisties!

#3 Scoop
#4 Hunger

20220218Sk6 SH13#3-4.png

EP, thanks for your comments. Nice items in your sketch...especially the knife.

Triss, many thanks. What fun scribbles for the pigeons. Love the variety of colors.

Robin, your "uglies" made me smile. I like your view of the room with a pop of color on the bed covers.

Anne, nice scoop. Is someone waiting for that empty bowl to be refilled? Nice shading on both.

Hi Joan.

Robin, fun choices for your sketches. Always love your hatching and colors.

Anne, your drawings are so fine and real. Your empty bowl reminds me of the Empty Bowl event they have here every year. We have a few bowls! Definitely a good choice for hunger.

RobinSusan - Love your sketches - really inventive use of pens & lines, and the drawings are so much fun!

ams - Nice list finds, and wonderful shading - great control with the highlights.

Joan - Stunning beachscape! Love the understated marks and splashes on the dunes, and beautiful grasses.

#6 - Valentine. Supermarket give-away roses. Acrylics & oil pastels, A2.

valentine1.jpg

Wow, triss, such beauties in your Valentine roses. Love the lines and marks.

I did a 15 minute sketch of Scarlett with pastels. Just had to use pastels for anything red. Wiped off paper so brownish background.
Number 7, scarlett - mug from Marie's and plastic lids
csshflscarlet.jpg

Today I sketched in the regular sketchbook, a whole page, with a Micron 02
Number 8 room - sat on the couch and sketched my chair and looking into the dining room
csshflroom.jpg

June, I had a feeling you would paint a dune. You didn't disappoint. Very nice.

Triss, love your bouquet of roses.

Jo, lovely vibrant scarlett mug and lids. I like the hint of shine on the edge. Nice work on the room as well. This looks like it was fun to do.

#5 Twisted puzzle (this is doubling for "shadow" in the Weekly Art Event).
Ink, water-soluble graphite in my sketchbook.

20220220Sk6 Twisted Puzzle (SH13#5).png

#6 Scarlet change purse (ink, water-soluble pencil and watercolor in my sketchbook)

20220220Sk6 Scarlet Purse (SH13#6).png

Back