NOVEMBER, 2021 ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE

Hello all,
first of all, thank you all for your kind and motivating comments on my pig & seagull painting. I appreciated them a lot.

Lesley: your watercolor of the pig and seagull is great: I love your patches of color applied with confidence and few subtle marker lines.
You alpaca has some attitude, wow!

Joy: thank you for the Churchill quote about cats, dogs and pigs - I didn't know it, but it makes perfect sense (to me).

Vivien: thank you for your explanation of pan pastels and good to hear that they are a solution to your problem with the soft pastels. For me, I am a fan of "wetter" materials, so I am using mainly watercolor, some gouache and for pastels I am a fan of Sennelier oil pastels - very buttery....

Kay: wonderful chunky little bird with a great look on his face - he could be sitting outside my window sill where I have started feeding the birds....

Joe: excellent drawing of the racoons (this would have been my alternative motif, I am so happy that you picked it and how you have handled it). The simplification to 2 raccoons is clever and I like how you have applied the white highlights. Great job!!

Eyepaint: simple and elegant - could be a wonderful christmas card. wonderful!

Have a great week!

Cheers
Tanja

Vivien - Sweet Indy! Great job!
Joy - Great frogs. I can't decide which I like best as I love frogs! Both great!

Schuee - Beautiful ink and w/c. Love all three - you are a very talented lady!
Triduana - Thanks for showing the steps. Great work on the caterpillar.
AMS - Nice sketch on the alpaca - good job. The bird is sweet!
Christel - Lovely swan!
Hawkmoth - Awesome starfish. Your shadows are perfect!

Tanjaf - Great job on the pig and seagull! Sweet pink nose.
Rainowl - Nice job on the pig and seagull but especially LOVE the alpaca's expression!
KreativeK - Sweet little bird, good feathers.

I commented on everyone else's work and forgot to post mine!! Lol
Here it is:
Red Eyed Tree Frog 9" x 6 1/2" acrylic on w/c paper
2021-11 CS Animals.jpg

Lazarus - good work, I like the detail in the wings and the soft look of the feathers.

Cindy - good work on this frog! He's very vivid (I love that eye too) and stands out really well against the leaf.

Lazarus,
Nice swan -especially the feathers.
Cheers,
Patricia

Cindy,
Lovely frog -great expression. His eye is really good.
Cheers,
Patricia

Schuee - Beautiful ink and w/c. Love all three - you are a very talented lady!
Triduana - Thanks for showing the steps. Great work on the caterpillar.
AMS - Nice sketch on the alpaca - good job. The bird is sweet!
Christel - Lovely swan!
Hawkmoth - Awesome starfish. Your shadows are perfect!
Thank you very much, Cindy. 🐾

Back