Animal & Wildlife Challenge, August 2024

Oh, I really like your kangaroo Joe. You captured his expression. And i really like the use of lines and how you described his face and body in particular with them.

Pat, sorry to hear about your illness. Thank you so much for organizing this challenge and leading the way with it. I hope you feel better soon.

Paintboss, cute kangaroo. Love the sparkle in his eye.

Joy, I like your bird. Glad you have found a paper you like.

Moscatel, I like your gouache cat. Love how you captured the pose and expression. The gouache worked very well for you. I can tell you are an oil painter because you handle the opaque medium so well.

Viven, I like your kangaroo. I can imagine him thinking "Well? What are you looking at?"

Mosc, I like your rhino too. Wonderful use of unexpected colors that work perfectly here.

Queen Bee, nice drawing of the bird. I like your crop. I used to work in colored pencil many years ago too. Your colorful cat surely meets the challenge! I think the most important part of art is the enjoyment in creating it. When you have fun doing it, that spirit comes through.

Christel, beautiful job on the rhino. Graphite was a good choice for this one.

EP, nice sketches and lots of fun as usual.

Joe, cute kangaroo.

I've been involved in some non-art projects but I was able to work this in.
Micron pen, 005, about 7"x4 1/2", in XL Mixed Media sketchbook. I am planning to add a watercolor wash but I really liked how the ink version came out so I decided to post. I'll post again when I've add the color.

Thanks Joy for stepping in and posting the images.

20240818Sk9 Crested Tit on Branch (Wildlife Challenge).png

Re: the notifications, I know that sometimes the forum software can be buggy in this regard. I'll talk to Hannah about it. Sorry for this.
Thank you, but it is hardly a priority. I (erroneously) thought no one was posting this week in this thread b/c I didn't get one. I just didn't want to shirk my "duties" on commenting.

Joe - Really nice drawing, especially the eyes and the fur. In a few years, it is amazing to see how much progress you made. They are so much more detailed. Also, your writing and English continues to improve. Having studied other languages, I know how much time and effort is involved in learning to communicate effectively.

Anne - Exquisite rendering, with such a small pen! The feet are especially good, as a common error is to have them grasping the branch too tightly.

ams, excellent drawing of the bird. Glad you posted it. It'll be exciting to see the next or final painting.
Thank you for your kind comments on my paintings!

Queen Bee, I get a feeling that your kitty is coming out of the jungle with lots of sun shine all over and she's heading to the front door and looking for cool air inside. Well done!

Christel, OO Ooh WOW Spectacular Rhino! 🦏 👏

Eyepaint, You did so many!! Looks wonderful all together!
Thanks for your comment on mine. It's actually quite amazing how strong and good the paper is (elephant poo). Oh dear, monkey poo coffee ...

Joe, cute kangaroo!

Anne
Thankyou for thinking of me .
Patricia

Reactions: ams
Anne, your bird looked great without the color. I do like it better with the color though.

Reactions: ams
Anne, your bird looked great without the color. I do like it better with the color though.
I do too. I'm tempted sometimes to stop with the ink when I do a drawing but I'm usually glad I added the color if I decide to do so.

Back