Animal & Wildlife Challenge, August 2024

Kay, lovely "washiness". I meant to crop this before it was posted. Amazing that was such lightweight paper! That would never work for me with the buckets of water l use.

You said “see how colourful you can make your subject “! I used my recently purchased Sharpie Creative Markers, basic set of five.
IMG_5439.jpeg
They did work in my black paper sketchbook. I should have drawn it out first but just went right at it starting with the eyes. It was fun to do. Thanks for the challenge and the photos, Joy!

Sandra, that is so creative! The other participants will be in awe! I am not familiar with these markers, and surprised they work on black paper. They must be opaque.

It is so unique and creative, those markers show up beautifully. It’s like a wonderful Light-bright piece, that game we used to play with when we were young. 👍🏻

Thanks so much, Joy and PB. I hope to experiment more with these markers. I hope they make some with smaller tips.

It is so unique and creative, those markers show up beautifully. It’s like a wonderful Light-bright piece, that game we used to play with when we were young. 👍🏻
Wow, I remember Lite-Brite! How clever of you to note the similarity, as I would never have thought of that.

Joy, this is wonderful. Love the colours and shadows. You have just the right amount of detail. He does look sad though.

Joy, love the rhino. He does look sad, but that's ok. He may be going through a rough time.

Joy it’s absolutely fabulous. I love how you built him up. It’s like he’s coming out of the dust on Serengeti! Beautiful observation, and great control of the medium! It’s a beautiful painting.
Re the “sad” look. I mean these creatures don’t have to tap dance to anybody so I imagine he’s just very chill. Maybe even a bit bored. Lol But if you want to, you can do what I did with my kangaroo, and you can bedazzle him! Kidding…☺️

Joy - Beautiful, wet, watercolor washes! Love all that watery look! Well done on a super watercolor painting!

Back