NOVEMBER, 2021 ANIMAL & WILDLIFE CHALLENGE

Pat, great that you are here! CS is a great place, very user friendly and wonderful sense of camaraderie.

I've actually made a start! It's all drawn out and I've got a little bit of colour down, so the hardest part is over with. I went through an evening of getting totally absorbed in drawing out the background and forgetting to put the main subject in, but that's all sorted out now. 😆

I've actually made a start! It's all drawn out and I've got a little bit of colour down, so the hardest part is over with. I went through an evening of getting totally absorbed in drawing out the background and forgetting to put the main subject in, but that's all sorted out now. 😆
Couldnt help but laugh Kay! I can see it now...a beautiful painting but where's the animal!

Hello Everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous post [post # 32] [ in response to Kay M's interesting
post # 31] - I find it very interesting to hear how others work - what methods they
use and whether it was a success:D or disaster😬 ! etc
I think many others also find this interesting.

Since then, there have been some good discussions and I'd like this challenge
to include more of this than it has in the past.

So - Henceforth and forevermore on the 'reveal day' 20th day of the month
[and from the 20th up until the end of the month] -

Please post your artwork [from one of the photo ref's] finished or unfinished
-AND if you wish- please feel free to post any WIP photo's you might have taken while
you were doing the artwork whether success or disaster [ I have more than a few WIP
photo's that I have titled "Everything was going fine until this point !']
-AND any comments that you have about it.

Cheers,
Patricia

Last edited:
I like this idea Patricia! I've taken a couple of progress photos, and I'm more than happy to share them. I'd love to see other people's too :)

Reactions: pcj
Oh dear, I began a week ago and there it sits, sketched out ony! I'll get on to it in the weekend.

That's great Kay, I'm looking forward to seeing them :)
Patricia

Patricia, what a wonderful idea! I made a mess of my first one. At least a photo would give the group a laugh!

Great idea to show some WIP pics or talk a bit more about how the painting process went. Too late for me to take pics this month but I'll try to remember next time.

I think mine might be finished. It's at the stage where I think there might be something else it needs, but I'm not sure what ... I'm going to take a photo of it in daylight tomorrow and see how it looks from the photo (I find this a really useful thing to do). It's so good to be painting again!

Reactions: pcj
I agree with Kay.

I find it useful to take photo's too. Looking at the WIP photo is like seeing it with
fresh eyes. I sometimes see things that I've missed or see things that could do with
a lot more livening up [ more cowbell :) ]

Cheers,
Patricia

Last edited:
Im getting there Penny. With a bit of luck i should be ready to post tomorrow.

Back