Inktober 2023

I'm posting early this time. Day 29,. Massive. This is a large tree I can see from my backyard. I haven't drawn many trees so this was a learning experience.
20231027Sk9 Fall Tree (Inktober 29-Massive).png

Anne your massive tree made me smile, we had the same idea! I like your technique. Very successful.

Thanks, Joy. You can do it, always paint light and dark shapes then the item appears!

I sketched the trees across behind our house by the ponds. Loblolly pines are massive. In the Canson mix media sketchbook about 9 x 12 inches with Ohuhu pens several tips including brush for the shadows. It is in the Scavenger Hunt since it is from life for wood.

csshfl89wood-ink29.jpg

Beautiful trees Jo. I like the dark shadows behind the trees. They really make the trees jump out.

Mississippi, this is certainly massive. Good choice. What a sad ending for that luxurious ship.

If you have something for sparkle and you just missed the day, post it anyway. We would love to see it.

Here's mine for Rush. It's stretching things a little. Think of this little guy rushing through the room so he doesn't get caught!

20231028Sk9 Mouse Hole (Animal & Wildlife, Inktober 30-Rush).png

Thanks, Anne on the trees. They are pretty big! 80 feet tall I would guess. Your rush is so cute.

Mississippi, (love typing that), your massive choice is great. Fun sketch. We would like to see sparkle.

I sketched very quickly this morning in the BookFactory sketchbook with a Micron 03 pen.
Day 30 Rush

ink30rush.jpg

Thanks for your comments Jo.

What a great idea for Rush. Good job on the figures.

Anne, ooooh I love your fire. The hatching is so good and clever idea!! Congrats on finishing!

I sketched in the Canson mix media sketchbook with Piochoo and Wexford dual tipped pens. Our electric fireplace so cross posted to the Scavenger Hunt for "living room item".

csshfl89living-ink31.jpg

Nice finish Jo. Congratulations!

Good cross post for the scavenger hunt too.

Jo, Anne - You both deserve praise for the excellent art you have created this month for Inktober! While I was not able to comment on all of them, I viewed them and was impressed by both of your skills, perseverance and ingenuity! Many other members surely enjoyed these, but may not have had time to comment.

Reactions: ams
Congratuations to Jo and Anne for perservering and finishing all the days of the month of Inktober! your creativeness was amazing! And even though i didnt get time to participate, I so much enjoyed seeing your ink drawings!

Reactions: ams
Back