Inktober 2022

Triduana

Contributing Member
Is anyone participating in Inktober this year?

Thought I'd start a thread early in case anyone not familiar with it might be interested.

Link here

Basically, it's an ink drawing per day through October - you can either work through a list of prompts (see link) or do your own thing.

I've tried it a couple of times but never made it through the whole month, so this year I'm planning on doing my own thing, with a botanical theme.

Maybe. I did it last year for the first time. While I enjoyed it, and love ink, it was time I could have been doing more work in my concentration.

I was just checking if someone had opened a topic about it.
I just miiiight participate.
Judging by earlier experiences I will probably not last more than a week or so...:D.
Oktober is not the best month for me, but we´ll see, maybe I surprise myself (I have been keeping a daily diary the last three years or so, and that is also rather out of character for me).

I didn't do that well last time I tried, I'm not sure I lasted 10 days!

Maybe it was the prompts I struggled with, which is why I'm going to try my own theme this year. I've been trying to get a botanical sketching project going for a while now, so this might be a good way to get it started.

I tried it one year and also struggled with the prompts, but I know they don't have to be so strict, as long as you just do something each day. I still didn't last but a few days! :ROFLMAO:

It starts tomorrow ... I'm considering starting a day early, to get a bit of motivation going!

I’ve done it several times, even doing my own ink related work and using prompts, for the entire month. Fun but time consuming for sure. Thanks for starting this thread. Not sure I’ll do it or not as there are more things to do like focus on making better watercolor paintings. Just joined the American Watercolor Society again and sent in an entry.

Good, Kay! 👍

Hi, Joe! It's good to give it a try if you like ink! It's probably my favourite sketching medium.

So I didn't start a day early! I brought my sketchbook to work with me today though, it looks like the rain might hold off so I might start this at lunchtime.

My gargoyle. Small drawing, a6 size, Preppy fountain pen with platinum ink. Light wash.

Attachments

• 20221001_150103.jpg
    20221001_150103.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks for starting us off, E.J.H.! Love your gargoyle. They've always fascinated me.

Love the face in your gargoyle Joe! I don't see why digital ink shouldn't count 🙂

Cool Triduana, we have that species of gras here too, I recognize it. The Icelanders call it "Blávingull".

I'm going to try an Inktober/Scavenger Hunt mashup, so I'll be posting over in the Scavenger Hunts, probably. No prompt list. I completed Inktober in 2019, but I haven't tried it since. Made my own prompts that year - thirty one candies that would be typical to give out on Halloween.

Back