Inktober 2022

Day 16: Crispy oak leaf I found on a path (I think it's a Quercus robur / petraea hybrid but could be wrong)

20221017_195549.jpg

E.J.H. yes, so far all of my Inktober sketches were done from life. Mmm...those teeth look scary. Nice ink work!

Kay, love the rooster...looks like he's got an attitude. The reflection on the top of that salt shaker is great!!

Triduana, looks like you have a lot of patience doing the edges of the leaves...very nice!

Robin, fun sketch with your model sitting up near the clock!

Day 16 was sketched sitting in a small park opposite Lincoln Center in NYC. It called for color too.
1016 lincoln center 2.jpeg

Day 17 was sketched with Noodler's water-soluble brown ink.

IMG_1030.jpeg

I did two today for days 17 and 18:
Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna). I drew the same leaf from two different angles, one with a fine brush pen and one with my usual 0.1 Unipin. I'm back on track now.

20221018_194217.jpg

Nice sketches, everyone!

Day 18 sketched with my fude pen at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum. At the edge of the dahlia garden is a cluster of fun birdhouses...almost like a condo development.

1017 birdhouses inktober.jpeg

Day 19: Beech (Fagus sylvatica)

i'm starting to struggle with the light now - I had found some delicate leaves to draw tonight but I can't see them well enough! I'll have to try a different part of the house tomorrow.

20221019_190335.jpg

I'm loving all the great sketches!

Day 18 - Bayport dock view done with Noodler's brown ink.
1018 bayport dock.jpeg

Day 19 sketched along the street in Port Jeff.

1019 port jeff inktober.jpeg

Day 20 a house in Smithtown, sketched on location of course.

IMG_1049.jpeg

Back