Scavenger Hunt from Life #4, Dec4 - Dec 12

Ai. Congrats on the sketch group. We had on about five years ago and it was best fun.

Mary. Looks like that root beer is from an alternate dimension!

Ai, wonderful draws, tree and still life, it's great news that you have started drawing together again.
Triss, I really like all 3 of them.

Jo, this is wonderful.

MaryKnos, beautiful work.

Thanks all for your kind words: Jo, Joe1, Mary, Anne, Triss, Robin, and EJH.

Triss:
You make me love the fake succulent. The pairs of apples are stunning...my fav. was the first one.

Jo: Bravo on doing glass with pastel. That seems a big challenge beyond me. Great grouping too.

Mary: You amaze me with a fun quick funky root beer digital can, done by your magic fingers.

Ai, sorry you couldn't eat the food. I'm glad he believed you. lol I guess they are just being cautious.

Triss, wonderful apples that really shine. I like the texture on the petals of the succulent.

Jo, lovely sketch of the objects. You nailed the reflected light on the glass.

Mary, I love the soda can with the writing. Great digital texture! I haven't had root beer in eons! For that matter I haven't had soda in eons either.
1 - made of glass (windows and lights) - watercolors and ink
2 - made of wood (posts)
3 - something pointed (Christmas trees)
IMG_9149.jpeg

Triss, nice apples. I like your succulent too. It has a nice feeling of volume.

Jo, a lovely pastel paintingwith 4 items in one! I like the highlights on the glass and the shine on the cylinder.

Mary, good job on the can. I like the way you captured to pop top.

Joan, love your Christmas tree shopping sketch. It's getting us all into the holiday season. Nice work on the landscape as well. Nicde work on the shadows across the road.

Joan: What a wonderful scene of Xmas tree shopping... You got the car, the person carrying the tree over shoulder spotted on. Beautiful landscape.

Joan- The Christmas tree lot and shoppers are fantastic! Reminds me so much or a place we drove to when picking out a tree.

The landscape is gorgeous. Reminds me of a private island in Florida. Is that where the scene is from?

Apologies for forgetting to thank Joe1 (&Jo) for this week's list - great selection, and I really love the extra scribble challenge (thanks, Joe1!). I usually do lots of scribble sketches as warm-ups, so I'll try to remember to post some.

Jo - Love how warm and interesting you've made the colours in your sketch - and really effective work with all the different surfaces.

Mary - Crazy textures and fab lettering - I love it!

Joan - All the details in the christmas tree sketch are so much fun! I love the colours and shading (and the guy obscured by his tree!), brilliant sketch. And beautiful, rich colours in your landscape.

#1c - Pair. This morning's apple scribble. Artgraf (coloured), acrylics, oil pastels, A2.

paircs2.jpg

Triss, great apples and I'm envious of how big you work - I just don't have the space to work that size indoors but have promised myself to try 'go big' when I can get out. Not heard of Artgraf so had to look it up - now I want some so that's another package for Santa! ;)

Jo, Lovely little group, I like the combination of shapes and your glass is brilliant - literally. You've reminded me that I have some pastels hidden away somewhere that have been gathering dust for while, so may have to break them out.

Mary. Never had root beer but that looks a pretty good rendition of a can of fizziness.

Joan, Great seasonal scene with lots of interest and I love the landscape- great shapes and colours giving a real autumnal feel to it

Thanks for your comments Anne, Ai, Mary, Triss, and Sue. Now my search for Christmasy scenes begins. lol

Triss, it may be a scribble to you but I love your sketching style. The looseness looks like such fun!

Thanks, all.

Mary, I absolutely love the root beer can.

Joan the Christmas tree lot and landscape are fabulous.

Triss, you know I like the "strokey" apples.

Sue - I'm envious of people who can work small - cheaper on paper costs! If you do find some Artgraf under your tree, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. I love both the graphite and coloured blocks, and use them loads - I mostly just draw with mine, but I know they're also popular to use like watercolour pans.

triss, nice pair of apples.

Robin, nice clock, plant stand, plant and wood.

First I'll post my sketches, then I'll return with comments.
Ink and marker on 5x8" toned paper.

1. can
2. made of wood - spatula handle
3. made of glass - jar
4. watering can
5. screwdriver

hunt004.jpg

Cheers,

Ai - wonderful tree and picnic spread. Sorry that the officials interfered.
Triss - wonderful pair of apples (you ate the pears from before?) Love the effect of the fake succulent.
Jo - fantastic still life. What is the emblem on that tall item?
MaryKnos - Oooh can of (diet?) rootbeer! We just watched a dog called ... wait for it ... Root Bear :)
Joan - awwww there we go with the seasonal sketches of Xmas tree lots. That road with the lovely cast shadows is wonderful ...
RobinSue - I see some minions on your clock! Do they snicker when the clock strikes twelve?

Sue: Thanks.

EP: Thanks.

Amazing, cool, colorful, inspiring set of sketching : Anne, Robin, and EP.

Last edited:
I did an online proctoring of my class exam again today. It can be scary for both the students and the proctors . Even for me, I was afraid that the network would be out, or the power becomes outage, or students cannot upload the exam file properly back to the server.... etc. It can be scary for me too.

#4 can be scary -- doing on-line exam and proctoring online exam ... done by ink
#5 cylinder -- done on Samsung mobile phone Note10 light with its stylus pen
#6 glass -- done on Samsung mobile phone too
h4_scary.jpg

h4_scary_b.jpg

h4_cylinder.jpg

h4_glass.jpg

Back