Scavenger Hunt from Life #4, Dec4 - Dec 12

Thanks to everyone giving my previous posts likes or comments.

Ai, good sketches of Miss Iris, can and toy car.
Jo, love your tree with the leaves falling and your landscape pencil sketch.
Joe1, great drawings of your little figurine. I especially like the one in the upper right corner. I would not have thought of Santa for headress. Very creative!
Robin, nice sketches. I especially like your little rubber duckie.

These are all done with ink and water-soluble graphite in Stillman & Birn Alpha Sketchbook.

SH4-5,6 Pencil, Glass.jpg
SH4-7 Screwdriver.jpg
SH4-8 Building.jpg
SH4-9 Soft Toy.jpg

336E692C-5D60-47B6-BE30-2E640AD39DB3.png

Wow everyone has been busy!
Sketch 2- “an animal or soft toy”. This is my puppy Cersei. She will be 2 in March. She’s spoiled (raised in covid) so she thinks I’m always available to play. iPhone/shaky fingers

Attachments

• B2F64882-FD61-4D1B-B6D1-1E1B14272A9D.jpeg
    B2F64882-FD61-4D1B-B6D1-1E1B14272A9D.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 121
Wow, you have all been busy. I've sketched a bit but until now I didn't have time to take photos or post. Many thanks to everyone for your comments.

Jo, nice to see the tree...but sad that the leaves fall off so quickly. I'd rather they stay around a little longer. But as they fall the view keeps changing so we can sketch it again. lol I like the guys fishing on the lake. It makes a nice composition.

Robin, what fun digit! U live the minion clock and the Duckie with the hat. I have one with a beret and a palette.

EP, that screwdriver has great balance!! Good group of ink sketches.

Sue, Great sketches, especially those earrings. You did the holder perfectly!! I always drop those things and then step on them. lol

Ai, good proctoring sketches. I can imagine that you are nervous about the connection until the last student is finished. Anything can go wrong. Nice cylinder and glass bottle. I love that sketch of Lily and Iris at the restaurant...it has such life to it. Happy Father's Day to Tone! I hope Iris had a good first day back in school. Good job on the toy car and the can of beer.

Triss, nice collection of items on your window table.

Vivien, glad you had some company. That's always good for the spirits.

Joe 1, Shrek looks good. Cute Santa ornament and having it come with chocolate makes it even better. lol

Ann, nice work with the liquid graphite and ink. I especially like your screwdriver and that huggable bear!

Mary, that is such an awesome sketch of your dog...so many wonderful details. I like that you did a closeup sketch!!

Even though I've been busy getting ready for my show I was able to get out for a bit each day and sketch. I needed a break. Yesterday we hung all the framed work. I have a lot of matted pieces and card for sale too. The show is 2 day over this weekend.

5 - made of metal (substitute for brass) a truck - watercolors and ink
IMG_9168.jpeg

Great "finger" painting Mary.

Joan, you have been busy. I love your truck, all decorated for Christmas. The town scene is delightful. I love the composition and the holiday theme. Good choice of the dunes for fragile. Wonderful shadows and sky. Nice Santa hat. I like how you were able to capture the softness of the fuzzy brim.

Joan, also thanks for your comments.

Ai - Love your digital drawing of your daughters - wonderful character and colours! Excellent job on the other sketches, too, beautiful watercolours.

Jo - Great sketch of the last of the leaves, fab work with the colours, and lovely lake sketch - more scribbly foliage to enjoy!

Joe1 - Always love your sketches of your figurines, you capture some great dynamism with your lines.

Robin - Love the scribbly shadows and the fun rubber duck.

ams - Excellent water-soluble graphite shading - I particularly like the screwdriver, and love the grumpy-looking bear!

Mary - Gorgeous puppy, and fantastic sketch of her! Love how you've drawn those beautiful eyes.

Joan - Hope the show goes well! Wonderful set of sketches - the watercolour of the dunes is my favourite, love the simplicity and the colours in the sky. Great job on the town scene, too - fun to see the decorations, & I always love all the details you get into your sketches.

Vivien - Great set of items, and I like the strong outlines - brilliant job getting the shape of the reindeer!

#4 - Soft toy. Stuffed toy bat. Gouache & oil pastels, A3 kraft paper.
bat.jpg

Viv, Joan, Anne, Mary, Triss : Thank you. and may I say to you all that super fabulous joyous gorgeous sketches. Such a joy and an inspriation to see.

Arty: Thanks for stopping by.

Joan: Pls. let me know in conversation if Miss Lucy is up for posing again. Thank you. Love all your sketches figure/landscape/Xmas/car.... so charming.

Thanks everyone including Artyczar.

ams, Anne, Your ink and graphite sketches are super. The shading is so good. Perspective on the building is great and what a sweet bear.

Mary, awwww, Cersei looks so cute with her big eyes! Would like to see her in person.

Hi, Joan. Oh, love the red truck. Your buildings and that scene are super. Dunes are beautiful and the Santa hat is clever.

Vivian, nice line sketches. They have form with little detail, don't look flat.

Triss, never thought of a stuffed bat toy. I'm sure if Gene had seen one, I would have one. Good drawing.

Have a good day all.....

Anne - Lovely sketches! I particularly like the teddy! I have some water-soluble graphite pencils, - forgotten all about them until I saw your sketches. I must look for them, as I haven't used them for ages. You've made a great job of your sketches with them!

Mary - Beautiful puppy sketch! My Pippa also thinks I'm there just to play with her all day! And she's no longer a puppy at 6 years old!

Joan - Love all your watecolors! Particularly the red truck - beautifully watercolor rendering!

Triss - Aha a chewed dog toy! I have a lot of those. Beautiful Gouache and Oil Pastel rendering!

Jo and Ai - thank you.

Last edited:
Anne, many thanks.

Vivien, Nice sketches. Love the big reindeer contrasted with the small, delicate glass angel.

Vivien & Jo, I saw the red truck parked on someone's front lawn, but kept passing it in the afternoon and it would be in really dark shadows and I couldn't see the details. So I went out in the morning so the sun would be shining on it and I could see it better. It doesn't help that I have what I think is a cataract on my left eye and it is like looking through vaseline. Things are blurry through that eye and very dim. Thank goodness the other eye is compensating until I get it taken care of.

Triss, thank you. Oh, that bat is so cute! He looks so soft and squishy!!

Ai, thanks. Lucy has been posing again but having problems with the sound and picture quality on Zoom. She won't be there next week because she will be away but will be back the next week. After the holidays she will be posing through some other way...not Zoom. I'm not sure how. She will let us know.

Will be back with my sketches for today after I take photos of them.

Joan - Great watercolor of the building and I laughed at Santa's hat! Lovely paintings!

We are en route to our cabin, BanKha, Rajburi, Thailand. I did this sketch while we stopped at a roadside cafe ..done in directwatercolor... (posting from my mphone).
#7 landscape
20211210_104937.jpg
1639108293710.jpg

Sorry I've not managed anything yet but have been looking at all the contributions and they are just great, what a talented bunch you all are,.

Joan I can sympathise with the cataract issue, that's why I've done nothing this week so far as my eyes are struggling somewhat just now - I am expecting an op early in the New Year after waiting 2 years for the appointment. Unfortunately the eye that does not need doing has very poor vision so sometimes it is a real struggle, can't wait to get it done although the idea of what they do freaks me out a wee bit :unsure:

Back