Scavenger Hunt from Life #4, Dec4 - Dec 12

Nice sketches Ai. I can see the stress in the faces of the students. I hope the exam went without a problem.

I like your phone digital sketches. I may have to try sketching on my phone again. I stopped using it when I got the full digital software for my laptop but the phone is convenient for sketching since it's always with me.

Robin - Lovely sketches - I particularly like the plant leaves, and the wonderful curly legs on the iron plant stand.

EP - Great sketch of your selection of items, love the composition, and the fab effect from your marker colouring!

ams - Beautiful sketches and shading - your technique with the watersoluble graphite is brilliant. Those earrings are so delicately drawn - love the shadows and the shapes of the backs.

Ai - More great sketches of the scared students (& hope none of the issues that were scaring you came to pass!). And love the bold, vibrant digital sketches.

#3 - Chaotic. My window table. Acrylics & oil pastels, A2.
chaos.jpg

Anne & Triss: Thank you very much.

Triss: That window seems complex ... Love the color tones too.

We went out to a pizza dinner to celebrate Tone, for Thai Father Day today. I jotted down the giggling girls before pizza arrived.
The lamp was also found at the pizza place.

#7 pair ... my 2 daughters: Iris & Lily ...drawn on Samsung note10s mobile phone using the default stylus
#8 made of metal ...a wall decorative lamp ... drawn on Samsung mobile phone
h4_pair_a.jpg

h4_metal.jpg

Triss nice scenes full of color and texture
Ai. Great pair of girls they look happy quick lamp is nice combo of color and movement

Hey, Robin's sketches are upright! I love the clock and plant. Others are swell, too.

Eyepaint, I like your touches of color. Nice ellipses on the cans and jar. I don't have any spatulas with wood anymore. Sad in a way. Plastics win now.

ams, Nice sketches. Love your shading. The earrings are cute and the kind I like.

Ai, so fun seeing your students and how studious they are. Nice work with ink. I like the digi sketches, too. Always fun and nice to see Iris and Lily. Happy Fathers Day to Tone. Fathers Day is in June here. Interesting lamp.

Triss, Lots of stuff on your table. Love it!

Someone asked about the design on the tall cylinder. It is just a raised star with the circle around it. I haven't sketched but hope to this afternoon.

Reactions: ams
Ai, nice sketches of your pair of daughters, Lily and Iris and the metal lamp.

Sorry I've got so far behind with my Hunt Sketches. Had an unexpected, but lovely, early visit from family, since Friday and they are just away back to the city they live in now. So I thought I'd check out your sketches.
Ai - Lovely park sketches, sorry you couldn't eat the food for a picnic.
Joan, EP, Anne, Mary Joe - well done everyone, what great sketches!

Last edited:
Jo, Anne, Viv: Thanks so much for your kind comments.
--------------------------------------------------------

#4b -- can be scary -- Today was the first day Miss Iris is back to her on-site school after learning on-line from home for the last 8 months. I got her to pose for me in hour school uniform, 5 minutes, before heading out. I did it in directwatercolor

h4_scary_c.jpg

Jo, Anne, Viv: Thanks so much for your kind comments.
--------------------------------------------------------

#4b -- can be scary -- Today was the first day Miss Iris is back to her on-site school after learning on-line from home for the last 8 months. I got her to pose for me in hour school uniform, 5 minutes, before heading out. I did it in directwatercolor

View attachment 14558
Ai - Lovely painting of Iris! Gosh your girls are growing so quickly!

Joan, wonderful watercolors, both the figures and the landscape, wonderful.

Triss, great couple. beautiful chaos

Robim, beautiful and fun designs, such as minion clock.

EP, I work beautifully on the whole group of objects

Ams,

very beautiful all the drawss

Ai, great portraits
and beautiful drawings with the phone

the watercolor is a masterpiece, nice work on all media.

yesterday I made a drawing but from photos,
I will draw something from today.

Vivien, so nice to have company. Yay.

Ai, beautiful Iris. Our kids wore similar uniforms when we were in Peru.

Hi, joe1lt and all the rest!

Sketched at the dining table of our little tree, about 15 feet tall. It is about the only fall color close to us. Everything else is brown. The photo is from a few days ago and fewer leaves now. Sharpie Pen and colored pencil in the big coffee table book.

csshfl4leaves.jpg
orange.jpg

Viv: Thanks.

Joe1: Thanks.. Love your figurine sketches.

Jo: Thanks... Beautiful fall season tree sketch. Lovely place.

#5 can -- contour drawing with ink, and colors in with marker pens ... This is an Angkor beer can, from Cambodia.
#6 toy -- ink

h4_can_toy.jpg

Ai. miss lily looks pretty serious but I am sure she felt your heart as you painted
Jo the shedding tree is perfect fall represent
Joe1 great bear sketch studies makes me wanna get out the paper and pen-thanks for that

Vivien, Robin, Ai, thank you very much for the nice words. Happy that you like them.
The can is fantastic, the car is very beautiful

2 headdress (santa claus with his hat)
yesterday at the minimarket, they sold a Santa Claus with a piece of chocolate, about one euro / 1.50 cents

babb nat cioc.jpg

Reactions: ams
Robin: Thanks.

Joe1: Thanks... What a festive sketch... super cute Santa

joe1lt, the figurine is so cute. Love the different takes and little green man! The Santa is well done and festive.

Ai, I'm not a beer drinker but would try that one. I like the toy car.

Robin, you have a little rubber duck. Fun!! I like the green bumpy glass.

Sketched at the dining table in the big book with a Micron 02. Only one more regular sketch to go and then fill in the cover pages. 5 years in the making. Yay!! You may remember I started in the back, upside down. Have to decide about the pages I left there for cover pages. Maybe I'll make a sort of index or just a note to start on the other end!
Number 5 - pair ..of fishermen
Number 6- landscape

csshfl4-pair.jpg

Back