Scavenger Hunt #11 Jan 29 - Feb 6

nti, thanks. Nice use of the watercolors for the toothbrush and medical supply. Stay safe in the freezing rain. We may have a bit of that overnight here too.

Ai, thank you so much. I'm sure all the stress and worry with Iris took a toll on you too. I can understand why you feel exhausted. Love your stack of mugs (for Jo). The packets of beans with the onion are done so neatly. Good hand poses. I don't eat bread very often and when I have lately I just forget to sketch it until it is too late. Rest and take care of yourself.

I have a few magic pencils that I never use. A sketching friend of mine has recently used them to shade his commuter sketches and to put figures into some of his sketches. It spurred me to pull one out and see what happens.
9 - stack of something (aluminum tins) - magic pencil
IMG_9507.jpeg

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Jo, nice work on your hands.

Joan, I like your solution to bottom and top. Nice little painting. Good work on your two hands. How did you manage to do both hands? Nice messy. ;)

Triss, lovely daffodils. You may not like doing yellow but they turned out beautifully.

Joe1, nice drawing of Eeyore.

Joan, I'm so glad the surgery went well. Your hospital room sketches are right on. I laughed when you said you were sketching between eye drops!

Jo, love your colorful bottle. Glad your water came back on.

ntl, nice sketches.

Ai, glad your daughter is doing better. It takes a while to recover from an emergency room visit, even when you aren't the patient. Nice sketches.

Joan, nice stack of tins.

#5 Clean (soap)
#6 Oval (soap dish)
#7 Toothbrush

20220201Sk6 SH#11,5-7.png

Anne, I sketched the left hand first and then just continued with the right hand while it was holding the pen. I've sketched both hands that way a few times. The doctor was amazed at the sketch I did in the pre-op waiting room. She kept showing it to people telling them that I sketched it and could only see out of one eye. lol Ah...I see that toothbrush holder making an appearance again. Nice sketch of those items and I really like your use of negative shading to make the soap dish and the side of the holder stand out. Well done!

Joe1 - Birds are really tricky to draw when they won't stay still - well done for giving it a try! Lovely sketches of Eeyore - I like the way you're experimenting with your pencils and colours.

Sue - Hope the wind's died down for you now. The weekend was awful here with the storms, but at least my power stayed on.

Joy - I'm the same as Jo - no patience & easily bored, so I don't try any techniques that are time consuming.

Joan - So glad you're already seeing the benefits of your eye surgery! Brilliant sketch from the pre-op room - I love all the clever angles. Great fun with the magic pencil and the stack of tins (my local art shop always has magic pencils by the tills - I know I keep buying them, but can never find one).

Jo - Love the bottle cover! Looks fabulous, and the bright colours are wonderful. Terrific work drawing the fringing.

ntl - Great to see your sketches - I always like the combination of watercolour pencils and paint. Love the lines showing through - particularly on the medical supply sketch.

Ai - Hope you & your family are all managing to relax and recover after the stress of Iris being in hospital. Wonderful to see your range with your pens - beautiful lines and great textures. Love the stack of coffee mugs, and the marks with the brush pen on your bread sketch are amazing!

ams - Lovely sketch! Beautiful simplicity, fab arrangement, and great shading.

#5 - Bright. Early morning sunshine (in a cheery graveyard). Acrylics, A2
#6 - Clean. Washing-up liquid bottles & dishcloth. Acrylics & oil pastels, A2.

bright.jpg

clean.jpg

thank you all for nice words, Joan, that drawing is fantastic, beautiful the drawing with the magic pencil.
I'm glad your eyesight is already better.

Jo, beautiful colorful drawing, ntl, I like them both,
AI, beautiful designs.
Ams, beautiful designs
Triss, they're both spectacular

Joan, thanks. Still waiting to see about Gene. Your magic pencil stack is lively.

ntl, bottle cover knitted by our maid in Bolivia. She was wonderful and could knit about anything. Made many Barbie clothes by the dozens. Fun stuff. I love the blue toothbrush of course. Good watercolor sketches.

Ai, love your stacked. Cups are a favorite .. surprise! Fun ingredients and love the hands. Jam, yummy and sweet.

Anne, wow on your bathroom stuff. Such lovely shading and form.

Triss, ha, such a cheery graveyard. Made me smile. Great cleaning surprise.

joe1lt, a cushion is great for fluffy. Good find. Fun to see the hand so well done.

Vivien, thanks for the watermelon and beautiful flowers. We are pretty much all in a freeze right now.

Number 6, sweet - cookies with pastels on the same piece of paper. Used a weird background for homework in my pastel class. Should have worked more on that for the class and actually colored in the dark blue of the paper I put behind the cookies. I just left it the color of the wipe off. Lazy.

csshfl11sweet.jpg

Triss, thanks! Your sketches always have such life to them!!! I love the vibrancy of the graveyard sketch and the contrast of the yellow-green with the purple. Nice relaxed look to the clean still life.

Joe 1, thank you. Great job on the hand sketches.

Vivien, I'm jealous of the summery watermelon...yum! Lovely dahlia!

Jo, those cookies really stand out. My mouth is watering!

Joe1 - Love the animals who've sneaked in to your hand sketches! Some great lines going on there (both with the hands and the animals - some of those bird beaks are really beautifully drawn).

Vivien - Lovely colour in your Dahlia and watermelon sketches and very sharp drawing - nice work - and thanks for bringing a bit of sunshine to those of us stuck in the depths of winter.

Jo - Gorgeous pastel - fab work on the cookies and the bag, glorious colour, and I love your background idea - makes me want to grab some patterned wrapping paper and try it out.

#7 - Toothbrush. Acrylics & oil pastel, A2.

toothbrush.jpg

Triss, Jo, Joe1, Joan, Viv, Anne... :love: very inspiring works in deed.... esp. Triss, I enjoy seeing your relax style (y).

Triss, another fun, vibrant sketch. Nice strength to the lines on the brushes and holder.

10 - bright bulb - magic pencil
IMG_9511.jpeg

11 - glass - magic pencil
IMG_9512.jpeg

12 - towel hanging on fridge door - brush pen
IMG_9513.jpeg

Triss, loving your exciting strokes with the oil pastels. The toothbrushes look so fine! Check Carol Marine at carolmarine.com She uses paper with designs behind her still life paintings. She and her husband started dailypaintworks.com

Joan, your magic pencil is doing some magic. I like the brush pen towel as well. There are still two cookies I think. They are more than palm size so Gene and I split one. :)

EVERYONE - Updated and posted new signup list.

Am officially lurking in Hunt while working on an art course and classes are not from life.
There is a whole lot of beautiful art here!

Joe

Tone and I went out at our local noodle shop... they have many of hanging fern pots.
#5 fluffy --- well ... a kind of botanical fluffy one ... done in directwatercolor, about 10 minutes, about 6x8 inch
h11_Shrub_a.jpg

h11_Shrub_b.jpg

Ai - Lovely hanging Fern and great sketch of it, youve caught the form of it beautifully

Joan - More fun magic pencil sketches - I love the lightbulb for bright - and your expressive brush pen lines make the towel so interesting!

Jo - I have Carol Marine's book around here somewhere, must get it out - wish I had the time to have a real crack at daily painting, but everyday sketching is the best I can manage.

Joe - Hope the course is going well - Looking forward to seeing what you're learning when you can fit in some from life stuff.

Ai - Beautiful work on the hanging fern - love the colours and the brilliant flow. Great, creative digital sketch - fab idea, and wonderful digital brush marks in your painting.

#8 - Purple. Pot plant with purple leaves. This one desperately needs a bigger pot before I manage to kill it. Acrylics & oil pastels, A2.

purple.jpg

Back