Oct 2021 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

Scamall, love your horse. There is such a feeling of action and exuberance. Beautifully drawn.

Scamall....beautifully done with wonderful clean lines and good feeling of movement. Nice!

John :)

Everyone - thanks so much for the wonderful comments on my painting- it was very much appreciated., this was alot of fun and looking forward to next month, :)
John

Well done--she's flying! excellent! I can almost see the muscles bunching

Good morning ! I am late, sorry...
Vivien - magnificent squirrel! His fur makes you want to stroke him
Penny - superb ink work
Patricia - wow! incredible rendering! superb drawing ... And I adore the noble dog! wonderful work ...
Christel - very beautiful pastel! this goose, that's for sure, will eventually take off;)!
ntl - nice rendering of the fog. I really like the rendering of the meadow :)
Cindy - even with rough paper, I like the "round" side of the painting. it is well done.
your squirrel is very alive ...
Anne - what a lovely painting! the almost shiny rendering of its fur gives it a beautiful look!
John - wow ! your goose is very elegant !
Kay - wonderful color combination! this painting gives joy!
Kay M - nice exercise and the goose movement is done well
Federico - your horse is really successful. As for the background, I find that it fully brings out the horse ... it gives a nostalgic side, like those old films restored in color.
Eyepaint - what a joy to live! I love the expression of this dog.
Scamall - very nice drawing ! the proportions, the look, the features ... everything is fine and beautiful.

My contribution with OP on a grey paper (not a good one,

IMG_8189.jpg

Sanddedcz, Your whole scene is so well done! The bird--claws, wings, and beak-- is fearsome!

This is really good Sanddedcz! Love the sense of movement and weight of the goose, and the water is wonderful.

Sanddedcz, beautifully painted. I love the feeling of movement and the variety of colors reflected in the water.

Thank you Triduana and Ams. Actually I find she is too heavy ahaha. My second contribution is the horse. I use sennelier oil pastels and sometimes, I find them too much creamy 😳. I use too much material and, at the end, I find the drawing a little bit dirty....
IMG_8191.jpg

Wow Sanddedcz, your goose and horse pieces are both beautifully done and full of motion. Nice water in the goose piece and certainly a wonderful rich colour palette in the horse painting. Great job on both.
John

I did not have time to participate in the challenge here, as I am enjoying WC as long as we have it, doing the October A & W Challenge there. So thrilled to see so many "friends' here.

Vivien - Lovely. We have squirrels all over the place here! I see many daily.
Penny - The way you handled the short fur in multiple colors looks very good.
Thank you very much, Joy.

Viv - Lovely squirrel, his fur looks so soft !
Penny - Beautiful squirrel, you captured his expression perfectly.

I've never used either pastels or coloured pencils but after seeing your
drawings, I'm tempted to try them.
I would love to see the WIPs .

Cheers,
Patricia
Thank you, Patricia.

Hello Everyone,
Here's one of my drawings [ I've done two ]

I actually started this 2 years ago but never finished it, I thought I'd
finish it now but after looking at it again, I decided that I like it the
way it is !

' Sleepy Cow '
Black and white charcoal on Canson's brown paper.

View attachment 11342

The other drawing is not quite finished but I'll post it tomorrow -finished or not !
Cheers,
Patricia
I really like unfinished works, they are painterly. Well done.

View attachment 11364
I did a flamingo close up using acrylics on a gessoed foamcore board. BBL to comment on the lovely works posted thus far.

Viv, I’ll gladly ship a crate full of squirrels your way just to keep them out of my oak trees. They fuss loudly when either of the cats are in the yard.
Very bright and cheerful, Kay. Lovely!

Back